Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

American Suicide Bombers Attack Taliban Office In Qatar

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/06/taliban-qatar-murica-suicide-bomber/

DOHA, QATAR — The recently opened office of the Taliban has come under attack by American insurgents, sources confirmed Tuesday. The complex attack on the facility included a vehicle-borne IED from a Ford F-150, gunmen armed with AR-15s, and Chili’s Baby Back Ribs lobbed from outside the compound’s perimeter.

“I never saw anything like it. Well, at least not from the receiving end,” said Abbud Abdul-Basit, a Taliban fighter who witnessed the attack. “They just charged the gate like they didn’t care! I mean, that was effective. I always wondered why it worked so well.”

“They were chanting ‘USA! USA!’ and ‘Git R Done’. I close my eyes and I can still hear them,” said Tariq Uthman, a guard from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. “I can’t tell my wife, my friends back home. How can they understand such utter senselessness?”

Scissors-32x32.png

“All evidence points to the attack being conducted by foreign fighters from America,” said Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid. “We have recovered literature from an American extremist organization, the NRA, from the truck. The deceased fighters were wearing Under Armor shirts and Oakley glasses. We also believe they may have received training at CrossFit camps in North Carolina.”

Jay Carney, a spokeman for the Americans, stated that the government of the United States had no connection to the attacks and did not condone violence in the struggle to bring the 21st century to the Middle East.

“We are a peace-loving people, but when the greatest tenets of western civilization are mocked, we cannot control what true believers of ‘Murica may do,” Carney said.

Scissors-32x32.png

Reaction in the Taliban stronghold of Waziristan, Pakistan was swift and somber. “Who are these cowards who disguise themselves as civilians and blow up women and children just to oooohhhhhhhhh…..” said resident Abdul Rackman Muhammad. “Um, maybe I should rethink some things. Yeah, totally not as cool when it’s happening to you.”

The Taliban established their office in Qatar to enter negotiations with the United States and the government of Afghanistan. Mujahid insisted the recent attack has not derailed these delicate talks.

“This does nothing to change our goal of imposing Sharia Law throughout the region and reverting Afghanistan to the stone age.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

Did anyone see the editorial in yesterday's WSJ about the no-fly zones in the U.S.? Very sobering and very frustrating.

clearvision

Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 6m

AP has called #MASen for Ed Markey.

I'm shocked.... OK not so much.

Not so much, but still, I'm bummed.

Did anyone see the editorial in yesterday's WSJ about the no-fly zones in the U.S.? Very sobering and very frustrating.

title?

After seeing that Wiener was leading in the pools, this is mild.

The Best Presidential Address on Climate Change Ever

AlGore

06/25/2013 4:06 pm

This was a terrific and historic speech, by far the best address on climate by any president ever.

(Snip)

and now it off to Comment land......

ConnieInCleveland

One Lonely Voice trying to make a difference

555 Fans

29 minutes ago ( 8:12 AM)

The oil, power, natural gas, and coal industries would loose if we changed course, but the wealth they are creating, they are keeping for themselves, the have's and have more's.

(snip)

Fireslayer

2830 Fans

6 hours ago ( 2:59 AM)

Good thoughts Al. It is time to convert to the green economy,

It is time to focus on imposing new smoke stack scrubbing technology that already exists that can remove over 98% of carbon particles from emissions and create a secondary industry in carbon solids for construction and asphalt products. This new technology will increase the price of power and petroleum production in the short term, but will cut costs in the long terms and create more jobs.

The truth is that greening the economy will vastly stimulate the economy in a number of ways.

Ignore the global warming and greenhouse gases pollution deniers. They are too ignorant to waste time arguing with their anti-science, right-wing ideotology.

(It should be noted that there are some comments that have to do with the reality of Global Warming Climate Change whatever it will be called next...but they were few and far between)

After seeing that Wiener was leading in the pools, this is mild.

Lot of really ignorant people out there.

title?

America's No-Fly Zones Are Already In Place by David Deptula.

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

That was fast!

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

That was fast!

Not having a Life really helps. I used to have one, but they took it and gave it to Brad Pitt.

One wonders what fat in left in the DoD budget? An argument could be made this is the Pentagons version of no WH tours.

The whole thing is pretty good and food for thought. For purposes of this discussion...2:00 to 2:30

Thomas PM Barnett is someone people should should pay attention to. Even if you don't always agree with him...and I don't.

Amazon: Thomas PM Barnett

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

That was fast!

Not having a Life really helps. I used to have one, but they took it and gave it to Brad Pitt.

You were married to Angelina???

No, but we did have a week of hot monkey love, one time.

• Like 3

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

That was fast!

http://www.jinsa.org/jinsa-media/lt-general-david-deptula-usaf-ret-americas-no-fly-zones-are-already-place#.UcsIGzvlbxc

title?

Thanks, I'll look it up.

That was fast!

That's what I was wondering!

Crossfire Returns!

Mollie Hemingway

6/26/13

It's official! Crossfire is returning. I'm glad to hear it as I was always on the other side of John Stewart in the debate on whether The Daily Show or Crossfire harmed America more.

CNN has announced that on the new incarnation of the show, Newt Gingrich and S.E. Cupp will represent Team Red and Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones will rep Team Blue.

(Snip)

Gingrich and Cupp vs Cutter and Jones?

This is going to be a massacre.

The Not-At-All-Creepy Hillary Design

Jon Gabriel

Progressives would rather base their campaigns on graphic design than issues. Barack Obama's ubiquitous O logo and HOPE poster made marketing history in 2008, but can the Democrats recapture their branding mojo with a different candidate

Based on Ready for Hillary's first effort, they have their work cut out for them. To your right is their idea of an iconic design that will loosen wallets, fill voting booths and lower sea levels.

(Snip)

TeeRinger_0_medium.jpg

(Snip)

My personal favorite

HillaryArr_large.jpg

Robert A George ‏@RobGeorge 3m
@JoeFL65 Pro tip: Going to murder a friend? Don’t leave body in your neighborhood. NFL orientation should stress this.

• Like 2

To your right is their idea of an iconic design that will loosen wallets, fill voting booths and lower sea levels.

And for the liberal guys... the even creepier Hillary's Ready jockey shorts.

Hill_Ready_zpsed9a96b3.jpg