Coffee Shop

Rheo

The Week in Pictures, Obama Faceplant Edition

Steven Hayward

6/22/13

Where is Jeff MacNelly when you really need him? MacNelly, old timers may remember, was the brilliant editorial cartoonist for the Richmond Times-Dispatch back in the 1970s and early 1980s who took it to Jimmy Carter like nobody. MacNelly sadly died of cancer in his 40s, depriving us of his talents for their use on Bill Clinton and Obama. Because we could use a reprise of MacNellys Official White House Portrait of Jimmy Carter (first image below) adapted for Obama, especially after that Berlin speech. To call that speech a turkey would be an insult to stuffing and corn bread; that speech flopped worse than an overweight albatross landing in a vat of jello.

463x426xCarter-Portrait-copy.jpg.pagespe

(Snip)

409x367xBiden-Insureance-copy.jpg.pagesp

595x408xObama-Columbia-copy.jpg.pagespee

(snip)

504x373xClassroom-Guns-copy.jpg.pagespee

(SIGH)

(Snip)

451x599xOutfit-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AdL

(snip)

• Like 4

saveliberty

Sermon 650 : Zechariah's Story : 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time
6/23/2013

http://63fea04d300e4558ea4c-7f2564cdb569320767c0732ede0c8483.r35.cf1.rackcdn.com/650.mp3

Please click the play button above to listen now.

Our first reading for this Sunday is from the fascinating book of the prophet Zechariah. Zechariah wrote when the Israelites were returning to Jerusalem from the Babylonian exile to find their city and temple in ruins. Zechariah writes a message of hope predicting the redeemer, Jesus, who will gather in the scattered tribes to the temple to praise God. We are a part of the great crowd that God has gathered from the ends of the earth.

Listen to Father Barron weekly on Relevant Radio

SrWoodchuck

166722_100263440159815_1685467375_n.jpg

Via iOTW

Pew Poll: Words Like ‘Incompetent’ and ‘Liar’ Most Used to Describe Obama

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=190677

Pew Polling firm has found an interesting change in the way President Obama is being described, with the use of words like “incompetent” and “liar” on the rise.

The latest Pew poll finds that one-word impressions of Obama are turning negative more often than they have in the past. Until now, Pew says, these wholly negative one-word impressions were “rare.”

The survey finds that the one-word impressions people have of Obama have changed a great deal throughout his presidency. Terms like incompetent and liar now are among the most frequently used words to describe Obama. In April 2009, when his job approval was at 63%, these words were rare.Scissors-32x32.png

I prefer the acronym......SCOAMF!

• Like 1

How about "Bystander in Chief"?

"They did it"

"Someone else did it and we will find him"

"It was that way when I got here"

"I didn't know about it"

"Things like this just happen and can't be controlled"

"Nothing happened"

"I was somewhere else when that happened"

He's like the guy who passes gas on a crowded elevator and points at everyone else.

• Like 1

FYI

The National Security Agency Before and After September 11, 2001

Jun 22, 2013

A collection of segments from Book TV programs features author talks about publishing government secrets and the history and function of the National Security Agency (NSA) from before and after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Segments included in this program are:

James Bamford on his book Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency in program 170569-1,

Matthew Aid on his book The Secret Sentry: The Untold History of the National Security Agency in program 294938-1,

Patrick Radden Keefe on his book Chatter: Dispatches from the Secret World of Global Eavesdropping in program 185888-1,

and Dana Priest being interviewed by Douglas Feith about her book Top Secret America: The Rise of the New American Security State in program

301319-1, After Words with Dana Priest.

sad.png I'm afraid I am the barer of bad news from Legendary International MegaSuperDuperStar Jim Carrey

For those interested I am thinking about putting together some sort of support group. Remember you don't have too go through this alone. HUGS!

sad.png I'm afraid I am the barer of bad news from Legendary International MegaSuperDuperStar Jim Carrey

For those interested I am thinking about putting together some sort of support group. Remember you don't have too go through this alone. HUGS!

Carey tweet: "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence."

The appropriateness of a "Hollywood" film did not change with the horrible event of Sandy Hook, CT.

If the the film was inappropriate for whatever reason afterwards... it should have been inappropriate before.

The only thing that has changed in this matter is the PC timing and politicizing of the event and the victims.

Carey tweet: "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence."

The appropriateness of a "Hollywood" film did not change with the horrible event of Sandy Hook, CT.

If the the film was inappropriate for whatever reason afterwards... it should have been inappropriate before.

The only thing that has changed in this matter is the PC timing and politicizing of the event and the victims.

One thing.. It could be he and the Cast and Crew were having...issues. That all might not have been sweetness and light on the set.

Military salutes Gay Pride Month

Washington Times

At least one Marine Corps unit has sent out a message reminding troops of pride month. It includes a copy of a Pentagon-developed poster, titled Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Month June 2013. The red, white and blue poster contains quotes from Mr. Obamas statement on Sept. 20, 2011, the day the militarys dont ask, dont tell policy officially ended.

(snip)

smile.png

• Like 2

One thing.. It could be he and the Cast and Crew were having...issues. That all might not have been sweetness and light on the set.

I choose to think the worst of anyone from Hollywood... unless proven otherwise.

Just one of many NCT profiles that work.

• Like 2

I choose to think the worst of anyone from Hollywood... unless proven otherwise.

Just one of many NCT profiles that work.

And with good reason.

Washington Times

At least one Marine Corps unit has sent out a message reminding troops of pride month. It includes a copy of a Pentagon-developed poster, titled Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Month June 2013. The red, white and blue poster contains quotes from Mr. Obamas statement on Sept. 20, 2011, the day the militarys dont ask, dont tell policy officially ended.

(snip)

smile.png

The old M-73 Woodland Camo Face paint has been discontinued.

8201-genuine-military-woodland-camouflag

Announcing the new M-47 Field Makeup Kit... to be applied prior to "field engagements".

Master_Makeup_Kit.jpg

Saw this headline from the NYTimes...

U.S. Rebukes China, Russia and Ecuador Over Snowden

Our administration and its leaders are the new French taunters.

• Like 1

Washington Times

(snip)

smile.png

LMFAO.gif

Saw this headline from the NYTimes...

U.S. Rebukes China, Russia and Ecuador Over Snowden

Our administration and its leaders are the new French taunters.

A strongly worded note...no doubt.

A strongly worded note...no doubt.

The State Department just released this statement:

"Vladmir, we don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Zimmerman Trial Day One – Analysis of Opening Statements

Andrew Branca

Monday, June 24, 2013

Today marked the first day of the trial proper of Florida v. Zimmerman, and accordingly was the first opportunity for each side to present their “theory of the case” to the jury. This day covered both the party’s opening statements, as well as the first four of the State’s witnesses (although testimony of the fourth was interrupted). Here, however, I’ll just provide an overview and analysis of the opening statements. I’ll cover the first few of the State’s witnesses separately.

(Snip)

• Like 1

clearvision

Supreme Court just struck down the part of the voting rights act which requires some states to need Washington's permission to change voting laws.

• Like 1