Coffee Shop

Rheo

National Cathedral Peals Bells, Holds Prayer Service to Celebrate Homosexual ‘Marriage’ Ruling

Heather Clark

6/27/13

WASHINGTON – The National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. pealed its bells yesterday for nearly an hour in celebration of the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down a key section of the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).

Dean Gary Hall issued a statement yesterday praising the court for its ruling, and explaining why the Cathedral was clanging its bells to mark the occasion.

“We are ringing our bells at the Cathedral to celebrate the extension of federal marriage equality to all the same-sex couples modeling God’s love in lifelong covenants,” he said. “Our prayers for continued happiness are with them and with all couples who will be joined in matrimony in the years to come, whether at Washington National Cathedral or elsewhere.”

Hall stated that he believes Christians should welcome same-sex “marriage,” and that doing so would serve to demonstrate one’s faith in Christ.

(Snip)

This is bad, wrong on so many levels!

• Like 1

righteousmomma

I agree, valin,that the National Cathedral is so wrong on many vital tenets. It has long been a bastion of liberal Christianity.

Not surprising in the least.

Edited to add that St John the Divine in NYCity is another much touted site of liberalism.

righteousmomma

Fox News will have a special on Benghazi tonight at 10 EST. Called "Truth on Benghazi".

I also just heard the most shocking - if true - allegations on Fox and Friends that a former 4 star Marine general is being investigated as a "leaker" by the Obama administration. General James Cartwright is being Federally investigated over the last year. Has to do with Iran's subterfuges.

Man, if I was a conspiracy nut I might think there is a plan to dismantle and destroy this Country.

• Like 1

I agree, valin,that the National Cathedral is so wrong on many vital tenets. It has long been a bastion of liberal Christianity.

Edited to add that St John the Divine in NYCity is another much touted site of liberalism.

The tackiness of it aside, it is...questionable theology.

One wonders what would happen if (say) the First Baptist Church in Dallas were to ring out a dirge? Maybe they should?

BTW

Twin Cities Pride Festival * June 28-30, 2013

p1pride%20copy.jpg

Fun For The Whole Family.

The tackiness of it aside, it is...questionable theology.

One wonders what would happen if (say) the First Baptist Church in Dallas were to ring out a dirge? Maybe they should?

BTW

Twin Cities Pride Festival * June 28-30, 2013

p1pride%20copy.jpg

Fun For The Whole Family.

Coming to a church near you?

Not near me. But there are a number of churches in the area of Loring Park where the festivities are held.

For the record normally speaking Loring Park is not a place you want to "hang out" in after the sun goes down. Unless you're looking A. To be mugger B. For Pretty young boys C. Drugs.

Not near me. But there are a number of churches in the area of Loring Park where the festivities are held.

For the record normally speaking Loring Park is not a place you want to "hang out" in after the sun goes down. Unless you're looking A. To be mugger B. For Pretty young boys C. Drugs.

I was kind of thinking of the great wedding ceremoniesblink.png

Fox News will have a special on Benghazi tonight at 10 EST. Called "Truth on Benghazi".

I also just heard the most shocking - if true - allegations on Fox and Friends that a former 4 star Marine general is being investigated as a "leaker" by the Obama administration. General James Cartwright is being Federally investigated over the last year. Has to do with Iran's subterfuges.

Man, if I was a conspiracy nut I might think there is a plan to dismantle and destroy this Country.

I didn't think I was a conspiracy nut either but I'm beginning to think along those lines, @righteousmomma.

• Like 3

I didn't think I was a conspiracy nut either but I'm beginning to think along those lines, @righteousmomma.

Obama’s ‘Favorite General’ May Be the Latest Leaker

I was kind of thinking of the great wedding ceremonies:blink:

AH! I'm waiting for Jim and Harold go to a mosque to get married. smile.png

I was kind of thinking of the great wedding ceremonies:blink:

AH! I'm waiting for Jim and Harold go to a mosque to get married. smile.png

Or Bert & Ernie rolleyes.gif

SrWoodchuck

I almost missed the Google "political statement" of the day.

They never surprise me anymore.

proud_zpsc5499c7c.jpg

It's not enough for the 2-3% of the LGBT population of the USA, to enjoy lives of quiet harmony & peace. We of the 97% must be subjected to a brash, odorous, celebratory display of rampant non-hetero sexuality.....and so close to our noses....that we might need masks & splatter shields. So the PC pendulum swings backward in our perfect progressive paradise.....battering all in it's path.....and waking even the dead, so that they can vote Democrat. /rant

• Like 3

Apparently James Taranto & Claire McCaskill are at war.

My take: A lot of $25.00 verbage during their feast of taking bites out of each other. McCaskill is a prog hack, that sees a need for justifying her place at the Marxist gubmint trough. JMO

All James Taranto has going for him are Facts and Wit. Game...Set...Match.

• Like 1

It's not enough for the 2-3% of the LGBT population of the USA, to enjoy lives of quiet harmony & peace. We of the 97% must be subjected to a brash, odorous, celebratory display of rampant non-hetero sexuality.....and so close to our noses....that we might need masks & splatter shields. So the PC pendulum swings backward in our perfect progressive paradise.....battering all in it's path.....and waking even the dead, so that they can vote Democrat. /rant

The counter-movement can start here...

I am Cracker... Hear me roar!

Flaps1_zps2c884722.jpg

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

The counter-movement can start here...

I am Cracker... Hear me roar!

Flaps1_zps2c884722.jpg

Might I suggest:

Council of

Old

Debonair

Guys

Enjoying the

Republic?

We few....we very few alpha male conservative patriots......should be able to bond [at a respectful distance] and exchange recipes, libations, cigars, stories of persecution of our lifestyle....

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Florida Federal Judge Bans Enforcement of HHS Mandate http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=191265

ANN ARBOR, MI – The Thomas More Law Center (TMLC), a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, announced that this past Monday, Federal District Court Judge Elizabeth A. Kovachevich of the Middle District of Florida granted its Motion for a Preliminary Injunction barring enforcement of the HHS Mandate. The motion for a Preliminary Injunction was filed by TMLC on behalf of Plaintiffs Thomas R. Beckwith and his family’s company, Beckwith Electric.

The government claimed that once a business owner chooses to enter into the marketplace or incorporate his business, he surrenders his right to exercise his religious beliefs.

However, Judge Kovachevich’s 37-page decision which mentioned Thomas R. Beckwith’s unique family history—Beckwith’s ancestors arrived on the shores of America in 1626 to escape religious persecution from England — ended with a powerful statement on religious freedom:

“The First Amendment, and its statutory corollary the RFRA, endow upon the citizens of the United States the unalienable right to exercise religion, and that right is not relinquished by efforts to engage in free enterprise under the corporate form. No legislative, executive, or judicial officer shall corrupt the Framers’ initial expression, through their enactment of laws, enforcement of those laws, or more importantly, their interpretation of those laws. And any action that debases, or cheapens, the intrinsic value of the tenet of religious tolerance that is entrenched in the Constitution cannot stand.” (Emphasis added)

Scissors-32x32.png

Via iTOW

More here @ WatchDogWire: http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013/06/27/florida-federal-judge-bans-enforcement-of-hhs-mandate/

• Like 1

saveliberty

Putting Away the Labels to Hear/See Each Other

June 28, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

bodyofChrist-300x188.jpg

Scissors-32x32.png

Under it’s new editor, Matt Malone, S.J., America Magazine is doing a very good thing:

America aspires to nothing more than to live up to the fullest meaning of our motto, to pursue the truth in love, for as Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI has written,

“The only strength with which Christianity can make its influence felt publicly is ultimately the strength of its intrinsic truth.” The fundamental truth of Christianity is personal, the person of Jesus Christ, the one for whom love and forgiveness and justice are the only standards of human action. The political witness of Christians, then, is the witness of sinners who are loved and forgiven and are ever ready to love and to forgive in turn. Only in this way is Christianity “credible.”

If you ask us, therefore, whether America is a philosophical or theological journal, we will answer: “We are Christians.” If you ask us whether America is modern or postmodern, we will answer: “We are Christians.” If you ask whether we are liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, we will answer: “We are Christians.” If you ask whether we have really said anything at all, we will answer: “We have said everything.

Edited by saveliberty