Coffee Shop

Rheo

Sharyl Attkisson

June 18, 1972 Revisited?

John Hinderaker

6/14/13

On June 18, 1972, the Washington Post reported that the night before, there had been a break-in at the offices of the Democratic National Committee in the Watergate Hotel. Although the break-in story made the Post’s front page, no one could then foresee the consequences that would spin out over the ensuing months.

This morning, the Post’s Erik Wemple reported that forensic analysis has confirmed multiple invasions of at least one computer used by CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson in late 2012. Attkisson has been one of only a handful of reporters who have dared to write critically about the Obama administration. In October 2011, we noted her statement that a representative of the White House had screamed and sworn at her because she was not being “reasonable” about the Fast and Furious scandal. A representative of the Department of Justice was more moderate; she merely yelled at Attkisson, but didn’t curse at her.

(Snip)

Additional shoes may drop, e.g. with regard to personal computers or additional time periods. DOJ has already announced that “to our knowledge,” it has never accessed Ms. Attkisson’s computers. There are, of course, multiple people and entities who might be interested in information stored on a reporter’s computer. Conceivably, a foreign government might want to know how much of a threat Fast and Furious posed to the Obama administration, for example. But the obvious potential culprit is the White House. If it turns out that the White House, or someone acting on behalf of the White House, carried out the illegal infiltration of Attkisson’s computer(s), the scandals already swirling around the administration will be seen in an entirely different light. For the first time, there would be serious talk of impeachment.

Sharyl Attkisson

June 18, 1972 Revisited?

John Hinderaker

6/14/13

On June 18, 1972, the Washington Post reported that the night before, there had been a break-in at the offices of the Democratic National Committee in the Watergate Hotel. Although the break-in story made the Post’s front page, no one could then foresee the consequences that would spin out over the ensuing months.

This morning, the Post’s Erik Wemple reported that forensic analysis has confirmed multiple invasions of at least one computer used by CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson in late 2012. Attkisson has been one of only a handful of reporters who have dared to write critically about the Obama administration. In October 2011, we noted her statement that a representative of the White House had screamed and sworn at her because she was not being “reasonable” about the Fast and Furious scandal. A representative of the Department of Justice was more moderate; she merely yelled at Attkisson, but didn’t curse at her.

(Snip)

Additional shoes may drop, e.g. with regard to personal computers or additional time periods. DOJ has already announced that “to our knowledge,” it has never accessed Ms. Attkisson’s computers. There are, of course, multiple people and entities who might be interested in information stored on a reporter’s computer. Conceivably, a foreign government might want to know how much of a threat Fast and Furious posed to the Obama administration, for example. But the obvious potential culprit is the White House. If it turns out that the White House, or someone acting on behalf of the White House, carried out the illegal infiltration of Attkisson’s computer(s), the scandals already swirling around the administration will be seen in an entirely different light. For the first time, there would be serious talk of impeachment.

Sharyl Attkisson’s computer: What could have prompted breaches?

Erik Wemple

June 14, 2013 at 6:54 pm

CBS News today issued a statement answering some questions regarding the computer breaches that reporter Sharyl Attkisson alleged in May. According to the network’s statement, the unauthorized incursions took place “on multiple occasions late in 2012″; The Post’s Paul Farhi reports today that they took place in December.

“People should be disturbed that a reporter would be spied on and intimidated this way,” Attkisson told Farhi. “I do feel that this was an attempt to make me feel intimidated.” And this: “I assume someone wanted to see what I was working on.”

With the aid of CBSNews.com archives, we can now see precisely what Attkisson was working on. Here’s a sampling of her December output:

(Snip)

righteousmomma

In answer to no one in particular - I am so depressed. Listening to Rush today did not help. Listening to any news does not help. We are so sunk.

In answer to no one in particular - I am so depressed. Listening to Rush today did not help. Listening to any news does not help. We are so sunk.

Yup... she's lower than a grass stain.

Heard part of the show with the Rubio and Jeb Bush comments. Immigrants are a fertile bunch. Sigh.

IMO

The Eagle Is Gone!

Skunk+2.jpg

The skunk has replaced the Eagle as the new symbol of the American Presidency.

It is half black, half white, and everything it does stinks..

Good one, @Chickadee!

• Like 1

All I've done for the past 4 days is watch the local news and I am here to tell you that there are a lot of good people in this country. I don't think we are sunk. We just have to hang in there for 3 1/2 more years and get this skunk and his cronies out of the White House.

Fire fighters are awesome!

• Like 3

SrWoodchuck

GEE, MARCO: What's in this Amnesty Bill for Us, the American People?

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/06/yo-marco-whats-in-this-amnesty-bill-for.html

Could someone in the Republican establishment please answer a simple question for me: What aspect of this "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" bill will benefit the American people?

Can John Boehner step away from his bottle of Maker's Mark to tell us? Can John McCain peel himself away from the front of a camera to let us know? Can Karl Rove put the white board down, stop checking his E*Trade account for seven minutes, and explain? Can Paul Ryan take a break from PX-9 for a day and write a white paper explaining how this 1000-page monstrosity -- that, just like Obamacare, not a single person has read -- will benefit we, the people?

• It's not to drive down unemployment, because legalizing millions of mostly low-skilled workers will drive wages down, starting with the lowest wage-earners and rippling upward.

• It's not to improve border security, because they've already informed us they won't enforce the border as a pre-condition to passing the bill -- and they certainly don't enforce border security today.Scissors-32x32.png

IRS Refunds $4 Billion Child Tax Credits Per Year to Illegal Immigrants Whose Kids Do Not Live in US (and May Not Exist at All); Earned Income Fraud Another $13 Billion

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/06/irs-refunds-4-billion-child-tax-credits.html?

Scissors-32x32.png

Q: Does the IRS pay billions in tax refunds to workers who are in the U.S. illegally?

A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments.

FULL ANSWER This is a rare case of an Internet rumor with some substance to it. In fact, it’s shaping up as a major dogfight in Congress. At issue here are the federal child tax credits that can be claimed by persons with dependent children under age 17. Some Democrats are already defending these child tax credit payments that have gone to those without a valid Social Security number, accusing Republicans who want to end them of a heartless attack on children.

Several different versions of this viral email all cite a recent investigative story by an Indianapolis television station, but WTHR-TV is far from the first to notice. The Washington Post and others reported on this last year when the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration issued a report on July 7, 2011.:snip:

Via DougRoss@Journal

saveliberty

God does not want us to despair or become despondent. :wub:

saveliberty

Oh good. Give it a few more years and kids, who are not taught how to read or write in cursive, will manage to turn that into Founding Flounders.</end of sarcasm>

Ok Everyone it's time to play SPOT THE PROBLEM

Make sure to read the link. White House document and it was changed later, but the intent was clear.

Still begs the question why wasn't it caught 47 seconds after someone suggested it? I strongly suspect they didn't to be accused of (that most heinous of crimes) Sexism. Everyone know the Founders/Framers were...well just the worst sort of people. Why the Continental Congress was not Diverse (and as we all know Diversity is our strength) in any way. No "People Of Color", All Men, All Rich. So I suppose it should come as no surprise (at least to those of who are Enlightened) that a group of Rich White Racist Misogynists would produce a nation like this.

Ex-Elmo puppeteer in alleged sex abuse scandal wins 3 Daytime Emmy awards

6/15/13

LOS ANGELES – Kevin Clash, the Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid allegations that he sexually abused underage boys, won three Daytime Emmy Awards for his work on "Sesame Street."

Clash won as outstanding performer in a children's series at the creative arts ceremony held Friday night. He shared trophies for outstanding pre-school children's series and directing in a children's series, giving Clash 26 Daytime Emmys for his work on the venerable PBS show.

He played Elmo for 28 years before quitting last November. Clash's lawyer has said that related lawsuits filed against the entertainer are without merit.

(Snip)

I have nothing to say.

pollyannaish

I have never been a Sesame Street fan, but I saw a documentary about Clash. I like this guy and his story. I am hoping it is not true. But. There are moments in his story where you could see pieces of things that would lend credence to his being abused and it being carried forward.

This world is an ugly place.

I have never been a Sesame Street fan, but I saw a documentary about Clash. I like this guy and his story. I am hoping it is not true. But. There are moments in his story where you could see pieces of things that would lend credence to his being abused and it being carried forward.

And always has been.

pollyannaish

And always has been.
Which makes me so grateful for God's many blessings on us all. May He come quickly.
  • Like 4

saveliberty

This is excellent.

Current rating: 3.5 (23 ratings)
Sermon 649 : The Sin of David : 11th Sunday in Ordinary Time
6/16/2013
Please click the play button above to listen now.
Today's first reading describes the sin of David with Bathsheba, David's attempts to cover up his crime, and the subsequent punishment for his sin. Even God's chosen king fell into terrible sin. Each person must always be on their guard against temptation for although God offers grace, it is not cheap grace.

"Meet The Press"
A Meet the Press panel of experts examines the recent NSA leaks and the way intelligence gathering has evolved.

This is NBC's idea of a panel of natioal security experts.

Needless to say I am....less than impressed.

wallbash.gif