Coffee Shop

Rheo

Hey L'il Barry... You've come a long way Baby!

or

Sie haben einen langen Weg Baby kommen.

Berlin Germany - July 24, 2008

obama-brandenburg%20gate1.jpg

Hanover Germany - July 1, 2013

9157150_448x252.jpg

• Like 4

SrWoodchuck

University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/university-tells-student-to-remove-cross-necklace.html

By Todd Starnes

A Sonoma State University student was ordered to remove a cross necklace by a supervisor who thought other students might find it offensive, in a case that prompted even one campus official to speculate that “political correctness got out of hand.”

Audrey Jarvis, 19, a liberal arts major at the northern California university, said she had no choice but to seek a “religious accommodation” in order to wear the cross. Her lawyer said she deserves an apology, and the school seems ready to oblige.

“It’s amazing in this day of diversity and tolerance on university campuses that a university official would engage in this type of obvious religious discrimination,” said Hiram Sasser, an attorney with Liberty Institute, which is representing Jarvis.

Jarvis was working for the university’s Associated Students Productions at a June 27 student orientation fair for incoming freshmen when her supervisor told her to remove the two-inch-long cross necklace, according to Sasser.

Sasser said the supervisor told her that the chancellor had a policy against wearing religious items and further explained “that she could not wear her cross necklace because it might offend others, it might make incoming students feel unwelcome, or it might cause incoming students to feel that ASP was not an organization they should join.”

“My initial reaction was one of complete shock,” Jarvis told Fox News. “I was thrown for a loop.”

Jarvis said she is a devout Catholic and she wears the cross as a symbol of her faith in Christ.

“I was offended because I believe as a Christian woman it is my prerogative to display my faith any way I like so long as it is not harming anyone else,” she said. “I was very hurt and felt as if the university’s mission statement – which includes tolerance and inclusivity to all – was violated.”

On a second encounter, her supervisor told her she should hide the cross under her shirt or remove it.

At that point, Jarvis became so upset she left her student worker job early.

Sasser, who is representing the college student, said the university should apologize for their actions.

“It’s unfortunate there are university officials out there who think that it’s okay to tell Christians to hide their faith – but would cringe if somebody said the same thing about hiding someone’s pride in whatever political or cultural affiliation they may have,” he told Fox News.

He said the law is clear on the matter – “state employees may wear crosses while they are performing their duties as long as the wearing does not interfere with the employees’ duties or harm the employer’s business interests.”

University spokeswoman Susan Kashack confirmed to Fox News that the incident occurred and expressed extreme regret.

“Someone who works here was concerned that the cross might be off-putting to students who are coming to campus for the first time,” she said, adding that the supervisor was “completely wrong.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Via WeaselZippers

clearvision

In regards to cross, what in the world are they doing with tattoos of all varieties the kids are probably sporting?

SrWoodchuck

Really? Fashion savvy? Where are those toned arms? Such a bunch of BS!

mooch-shrug.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Sorry.....I see a linebacker in a flowered cape.....maybe it's time for new eyeglasses.....

SrWoodchuck

While on her world tour of Europistan & Africa......for over $100 million taxpayer dollars....Moose Mooch made this statement:

Michelle Obama is visiting Tanzania on the last day of President Barack Obama’s eight-day tour of Africa. She helped Laura Bush open a summit of the wives of African leaders, saying Africa was “at the hub of global development”. The summit aims to promote women’s well-being on the continent.

In Tanzania, the first lady joked about the “prison-like elements” of being first lady. “ut it’s a really nice prison,” she said. “You can’t complain,” the Weekly Standard reported.

Sitting next to former first lady Bush, Mrs. Obama said that wives of presidents “have probably the best job in the world, because while our husbands … have to react and respond to crises on a minute-to-minute basis, we got to work on what we’re passionate about. … I have just found it a very freeing and liberating opportunity. … [Laughing] There are prison-like elements, but it’s a really nice prison. You can’t complain. There are confining elements.
Scissors-32x32.png

Via WeaselZippers http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/02/mooch-bemoans-prison-like-elements-to-being-first-lady/

SrWoodchuck

In regards to cross, what in the world are they doing with tattoos of all varieties the kids are probably sporting?

Some businesses require sleeved attire....others require bandaids or dressings to cover tats.* Even the Marines have regs about it now.

* I have an American Eagle tat on my right shoulder [probably soon to be illegal] & so have inquired about what I thought were new tats....and was given that answer...

clearvision

Some businesses require sleeved attire....others require bandaids or dressings to cover tats.* Even the Marines have regs about it now.

* I have an American Eagle tat on my right shoulder [probably soon to be illegal] & so have inquired about what I thought were new tats....and was given that answer...

Yes, but I was thinking more of a school filled with 18 to 2x year olds. I expect that the profs don't take offense against those.

SrWoodchuck

Syrian Christians: Why Is Obama Backing Islamist Rebels Who Are Killing Us?…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/02/syrian-christians-why-is-obama-backing-islamist-rebels-who-are-killing-us/

Scissors-32x32.png

"....Christians are even more fearful for their lives and safety than other segments of the Syrian population.”

Nina Shea, director of the Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, testified that Islamic insurgents are targeting Christians for “ethno-religious cleansing.”

Christian Solidarity International CEO Dr. John Eibner, who also testified at the hearing, said displaced Christians are asking him, “Why is the U.S. at war against us?”

Eibner told the panel he recently returned from a trip to Syria where he met with “many resilient and courageous Syrians, mainly displaced Christians and church workers.”

“Victims recounted to me the religious cleansing of Christian neighborhoods in Homs and Qusair by armed jihadists who threatened them with death if they did not leave their homes,” he said.

“A Christian woman told me that before she fled Homs, she had seen the beheading in broad daylight of an Alawite girl who was pulled off a public minibus by armed jihadist,” he said.

Scissors-32x32.png

Egypt’s Christians Threatened By Islamists Not To Join Anti-Morsi Protests…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/02/egypts-christians-threatened-by-islamists-not-to-join-anti-morsi-protests/

In Minya, Upper Egypt, where millions of Christians live, letters addressed to the Copts threatened them not to join the protests, otherwise their “businesses, cars, homes, schools, and churches” might “catch fire.” The message concluded by saying “If you are not worried about any of these, then worry about your children and your homes. This message is being delivered with tact. But when the moment of truth comes, there will be no tact.” It’s signed by “People zealous for the nation.”

Such threats are hardly limited to anonymous letters. During a recent TV interview, Sheikh Essam Abdulamek, a member of parliament’s Shura Council, warned Egypt’s Christians against participating in the June 30 protests, threatening them by saying “Do not sacrifice your children” since “general Muslim opinion will not be silent about the ousting of the president [Morsi].”

Notable in all these threats is that Christian children are specifically mentioned as targets—since they are the easiest and most effective way at punishing “uppity” Copts who think they have the right to protest the Brotherhood and Morsi. Nor are these threats empty; since the rise of Morsi and the Brotherhood, the targeting of Coptic children has been on the rise. Some, especially young girls, are regularly abducted, raped, and shamed into converting to Islam and “marrying” their rapists. Coptic boys have increasingly been abducted from the doorsteps of their churches and held for ransom. Most recently, a 6-year-old Christian boy was murdered by his kidnapper—after the boy’s family paid the ransom.

Scissors-32x32.png

Both posts via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

Syrian Christians: Why Is Obama Backing Islamist Rebels Who Are Killing Us?

Because they are unfortunately not one of Obama's "Selected Protected".

SrWoodchuck

15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests You'll Never See In Legacy Media. #Egypt #Morsi #Obama

Curiously, a massive wave of anti-Obama sentiment in Egypt has been utterly ignored by vintage media, even though the protests may be the largest in all of human history.

130701-obama-egypt-050.jpg

130701-obama-egypt-070.jpg

130701-obama-egypt-051.jpg

130701-obama-egypt-030.jpg

All images via DougRoss@ Journal http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/07/15-photos-from-tahrir-square-protests.html

SrWoodchuck

Syrian Christians: Why Is Obama Backing Islamist Rebels Who Are Killing Us?

Because they are unfortunately not one of Obama's "Selected Protected".

It's become a "badge of honor" to be "un-protected" by the Fool-in-Chief & his commie minions....check out Tahrir Square...too bad it comes with head removal in some countries & freedom removal here....although let him push the US into depression & martial law..............we'll all be dying for their crap soon enough....

Our son snapped a picture of a car with this sticker... He said that it was "understated but effective".

poop_anti_obama_sticker_oval.jpg

• Like 3

The Rock ’n’ Roll Casualty Who Became a War Hero

CLAY TARVER

July 2, 2013

I asked if he ever talked about it. Jason shook his head no. Did they find out anyway? “Always.”

The first time was at Fort Benning in 1994, in the middle of the hell of basic training. The ex-cop recruits in boot camp with him said that prisoners had more freedom than they did. There were guys who faked suicide attempts to get out of basic. But Everman never had any doubts. “I was 100 percent,” he told me. “If I wasn’t, there was no way I’d get through it.”

He had three drill sergeants, two of whom were sadists. Thank God it was the easygoing one who saw it. He was reading a magazine, when he slowly looked up and stared at Everman. Then the sergeant walked over, pointing to a page in the magazine. “Is this you?” It was a photo of the biggest band in the world, Nirvana. Kurt Cobain had just killed himself, and this was a story about his suicide. Next to Cobain was the band’s onetime second guitarist. A guy with long, strawberry blond curls. “Is this you?”

Everman exhaled. “Yes, Drill Sergeant.”

(Snip)

In spite of the snide and clueless comments about sadistic DI's written (probably) by someone who was never in the military, its an interesting article.

From almost Superstar to Snake Eater to a BA in philosophy.

• Like 1

North Carolina city OKs curfew after 400-teen melee

July 03, 2013

The Greensboro, N.C., City Council approved an ordinance to reinstate a downtown curfew for teenagers Wednesday after a massive fight broke out last weekend that required local police to call other jurisdictions for support, MyFox8.com reported.

The measure was easily passed, in an 8-to-1 vote, during a special meeting that was called to address the issue.

The curfew goes into effect immediately, the report said. It bans anyone under the age of 17 from downtown Greensboro between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. Those who are caught violating the ordinance could potentially be arrested.

City council members could revisit the curfew in 60 days.

(Snip)