Coffee Shop

Rheo

Rand Paul (FB)

Strange doings on the Senate floor again. Since President Obama is out campaigning for Republicans to pass his tax hike plan, Senator McConnell offered to bring it up for a vote in the Senate. Senator Reid objected. You can't make this stuff up. I guess Senator Reid was afraid the President's tax hike would be defeated 100-0 just like his budget plan.

Rand Paul (FB)

Strange doings on the Senate floor again. Since President Obama is out campaigning for Republicans to pass his tax hike plan, Senator McConnell offered to bring it up for a vote in the Senate. Senator Reid objected. You can't make this stuff up. I guess Senator Reid was afraid the President's tax hike would be defeated 100-0 just like his budget plan.

Sounds to me like a certain party is already campaigning for the 2012 midterms, instead of actually trying to solve this little problem.

This is why I like Mitch. He's a crafty old SOB...and that's a good thing.

• Like 1

Rand Paul (FB)

Sounds to me like a certain party is already campaigning for the 2012 midterms, instead of actually trying to solve this little problem.

This is why I like Mitch. He's a crafty old SOB...and that's a good thing.

Surprise: McConnell Offers Vote on Obama/Geithner Fiscal Cliff Plan, Reid Objects

Guy Benson

12/5/12

I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States, a Democrat, crafted a fiscal cliff package that would give him everything he wants. It has tax hikes on the rich. It has huge tax hikes on investments and estates. It has more stimulus spending. It has no meaningful, specific, or guaranteed spending cuts. And it compels Congress to cede control of the debt ceiling to him. This is "fairness" on steroids. The Senate's top Republican proposed an up-or-down vote on everything the president wants, yet Democrats, who control the upper chamber, instantly blocked it. By what definition is it a "stunt" to hold a vote on the president's full, public plan? The White House has insisted it's a serious document, yet Hill Democrats don't want it to see the light of day.

This isn't the first time we've seen Democrats engaged in this awkward political dance. Obama released a wildly expensive, unpaid-for "jobs" (read: stimulus) plan last year. Republicans offered to vote on it, and Reid objected; a "stunt," he said. Reid even went so far as to change the Senate rules to block Republicans from forcing a vote on the bill. Obama also put forward budget blueprints for fiscal years 2012 and 2013, both of which were unanimously defeated in Congress. Every single Democrat voted against both budgets, griping that the act of actually voting on Obama's budgets amounted to -- you guessed it -- a Republican "stunt." The reason for all of this cynical posturing is pretty simple: Obama's plans aren't reasonable. They're totally beyond the realm of possibility. They're all for show -- unserious, extreme, unaffordable, and so reckless that even his own party doesn't have a prayer of passing them through the legislative body they control. And yet, the White House continues to demand that Republicans offer an endless parade of "serious proposals" for them to inevitably reject as unserious. Which side is acting like petulant children, again? Do Democrats really want to avoid the fiscal cliff, as they claim? If so, wouldn't they welcome the chance to give the president what he's asking for? I'll leave you with McConnell's floor speech handing Democrats the opportunity to do just that, knowing exactly what they'd be forced to do. Good stuff, especially the feigned "surprise:"

(Snip)

If interested, here is the schedule and link to the new Red Dawn movie:

Broadcaster

lg_20121203092438_50bce056bff86_64x64.jpg

CamVersions

started 50min ago views 551 bitrate 530 kbps source file category entertainment

URL

Embed
spacer.gif

Schedule

• 07:20 pm Red Dawn (2012) A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.
  • 08:48 pm Red Dawn (2012) A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.
  • 10:16 pm Red Dawn (2012) A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.
  • 11:44 pm Red Dawn (2012) A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.
  • 01:12 am
    Red Dawn (2012)

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#50bce0980c1ec/0d698b69072b0b48b4150655552d4ad1

Obama: The Communist Candidate

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/obama-the-communist-candidate/

Erwin Marquit, a member of the International Department of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), recently told a conference of communist political parties from around the world that communists in the U.S did not run their own candidate for president on November 6 because they worked within the Democratic Party for the reelection of Barack Obama and the victories of “progressive” Democrats to Congress.

“The Communist Party USA not only welcomes the reelection of President Barack Obama, but actively engaged in the electoral campaign for his reelection and for the election of many Democratic Party congressional candidates...."

Scissors-32x32.png

http://frontpagemag....nist-candidate/

Erwin Marquit, a member of the International Department of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), recently told a conference of communist political parties from around the world that communists in the U.S did not run their own candidate for president on November 6 because they worked within the Democratic Party for the reelection of Barack Obama and the victories of “progressive” Democrats to Congress.

“The Communist Party USA not only welcomes the reelection of President Barack Obama, but actively engaged in the electoral campaign for his reelection and for the election of many Democratic Party congressional candidates...."

Scissors-32x32.png

Didn't see that coming.

I still cannot stand some of my friends who voted for this puke. How could they not see this.

Sigh.

Scissors-32x32.png

Didn't see that coming.

I still cannot stand some of my friends who voted for this puke. How could they not see this.

Sigh.

Honestly, @Rheo, nothing about him surprises me anymore.

In 90 days, he has created 5,700+ new regulations.

The book I'm reading about him & his "super intellect" [not his brain power, but the part of him that is not his conscious state] is rife with how twisted he is....essentially, everything he says, is the exact opposite of the truth. The author is a forensic psychologist, and well known & respected criminal profiler.

• Like 1

Scissors-32x32.png

Didn't see that coming.

Sigh.

It does get frustrating. I'm thinking the best thing might be to just smile sadly and tell them your guy won...enjoy.

I'm thinking of making some cards that just say...I Told You So.

• Like 2

Scissors-32x32.png

Didn't see that coming.

Sigh.

Scissors-32x32.png

Didn't see that coming.

Sigh.

Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so that you will not share in his guilt. -Lev 19:17 smile.png

• Like 2

CALIFORNIA TEACHERS UNION VIDEO FEATURES 'RICH' URINATING ON 'POOR'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwg4DB-EeEA

Well they don't call it the trickle down theory for nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1pugRCltU

Ed Keepin it classy as a always!

Michelle You Go Girl!!!

You get down to the State level races and it was not just ugly it was Ugly! We got some real work to do, and I want to see some heads roll.

Wisconsin Judge Orders Deadbeat Dad Of Nine (With Six Women) To Stop Procreating

http://www.thesmokin...tion-ban-647901

Could he be charged with, "assault with a friendly weapon" if he keeps it up?

I wonder about the women. Why to I get the feeling these women are not your high achieving types.

Oh, they're good at achieving some things. Checks from the gov'ment for starters.

Wisconsin Judge Orders Deadbeat Dad Of Nine (With Six Women) To Stop Procreating

http://www.thesmokin...tion-ban-647901

Could he be charged with, "assault with a friendly weapon" if he keeps it up?

I wonder about the women. Why to I get the feeling these women are not your high achieving types.

Oh, they're good at achieving some things. Checks from the gov'ment for starters.

How very UNprogressive of you to mention that. It's obvious you are a racist and a sexist who hates poor...I mean disadvantaged...I mean oppressed people. Tsk Tsk Tsk

• Like 2

The Other McCain: None Dare Call It ‘Decadent’

12/5/12

Virtue proverbially is its own reward: The honest and industrious live happier and more successful lives than lazy liars. All that should be necessary to encourage virtue is to point out this fact to youth, to assure them that patiently doing the right thing will ultimately bring them greater esteem than trying to cut corners and take the easy way out.

Alas, the knowledge of virtue is obscured in a culture of superficiality, where transient symbols of success — youth, beauty, and status goods — are celebrated without regard for personal character. Television peculiarly encourages such superficiality. TV-viewing is habit-forming, and the habits of mind it fosters are evident in the unthinking ways in which ordinary people have become image-conscious, like Hollywood stars whose success is often more dependent on their appearance and reputation than upon their ability and character.

Attempts by ordinary people to emulate (however superficially) the celebrity lifestyle are usually comical, but occasionally quite tragic:

(Snip)

CALIFORNIA TEACHERS UNION VIDEO FEATURES 'RICH' URINATING ON 'POOR'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwg4DB-EeEA

Well they don't call it the trickle down theory for nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1pugRCltU

Ed Keepin it classy as a always!

Michelle You Go Girl!!!

You get down to the State level races and it was not just ugly it was Ugly! We got some real work to do, and I want to see some heads roll.