Coffee Shop

Rheo

After reading the headlines on Drudge about the Black Friday shoppers. is it any wonder that the Santa Clause people ruled the election? Me me mine gimmeeangry.png Same people.

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed that 'they' are already trying to discredit Marco Rubio? Drip, drip, drip leading to a flood over the next four years?

Yep and yep. angry.png

Has anyone noticed that 'they' are already trying to discredit Marco Rubio? Drip, drip, drip leading to a flood over the next four years?

Well of course they are. And this is as it should be, he is, being both a Republican & a Tea Party favorite, obviously a bad terrible evil wicked person.

Yep and yep. angry.png

Where oh where is today's Nelson Rockefeller? The only answer is for Republican to become more moderate, open minded...like Harry Reaid and Nancy Pelosi.

What's odd is that the fringe right is going after Rubio too as not being a natural born citizen on a bunch of forums. What's with that?

Edited to add, I really like him.

There was a very cute photo of Mitt and Ann Romney posted on his Facebook yesterday wishing everyone a wonderful thanksgiving. What stuns me (still) is that there are people who are posting hatred and disinformation to his greeting even still. Now, we are not big Obama fans, but most of us are "if you can't say anything nice..." At the very least. It bugs me that we are painted as the mean nasty party. We have a few...but for the most part we don't stalk ex-presidential candidates to yell Looser Rich Person at them on Thanksgiving. Really?

• Like 1

Good lord! If you want to be horrified by the state of the world, take a look at Drudge today. I know there are many good things happening in the world still...but you'd never know it by hanging out there. Armageddon Friday!

I just watched the video on Drudge. Those peope are miserable, pathetic creatures. In all liklihood, they always will be. That doesn't really bother me at all. This is America. They have chosen their path in life. They deserve the outcome of their choices.

And now I just watched the video he's posted at the Victoria's Secret. That might be a little more fun. But what struck me as I watched both videos was a correlation between the idiots captured on film and the demographics of the average Obama voter. Perfect match.

RT @ByronYork: Top Romney aide: Just days before election, some top surrogates were angling for Romney cabinet jobs. Days later, they were trashing Romney.

Why I hate the political class exhibit A. Everyone for them self.

@Rokke The question for me now

Is: are there more like that now or more like the rest of us? After the last election, I'm a bit nervous about the answer.

@Rokke The question for me now

Is: are there more like that now or more like the rest of us? After the last election, I'm a bit nervous about the answer.

We can be the new "politically persecuted." The Conservative Suffrage......if we're willing to whine loud enough.

@pollyannaish, I think your concern about the answer depends on how much you believe Whittle has a viable alternative to the evolving status quo. If we are stuck like salmon, mindlessly swimming upstream to a certain miserable death, then the more of "them" there are, the more likely it is we will be forced to become like them. If it is possible to find an alternative stream, I don't really care how many of them there are. Whittle offers the thought of an alternative stream. I think he's on to something. And I don't think I'd mind sitting on my little salmon porch watching the idiots in the mainstream chase each other's tails to a rotting death.

Before his death, Christ reminded his disciples that there would always be poor, and they would be well served to look at the good things they had. The real question is, when someone asks you to look at the good things you've got, where do your eyes turn? You can probably predict a person's potential for ultimate contentment based on that answer. I frankly don't have a lot of compassion for people who choose to look at cellphones and big screen TVs first.

• Like 1

First victim of Obamacare!

Peace is Dead: http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=158112

Peace, turkey pardoned by President Obama last Thanksgiving, euthanized

turkey_2_20121122055040_320_240.JPG

Washington — Peace, one of two turkeys pardoned by President Obama last year, was euthanized Monday, according to an official who insisted the timing of the death – days before the Thanksgiving holiday – was not suspicious.

Rebecca Aloisi, vice president for marketing at the Mount Vernon Estate, confirmed that Peace had been dead after a weekend “illness.” But Aloise knew neither the nature of the illness, the manner of death, nor what had been done with the remains of the large, edible bird.

“I appreciate where you’re going with this,” Aloisi told CNN. “But I assure you that these birds are extremely well cared for.”

Yeah.....sure.....read the comments.

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

http://12160.info/gr...msg_share_topic

What did Congress do in those 40 months?

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates theof all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the “executive orders” at will… and these are just the major ones…

Scissors-32x32.png

Comment from the link above:

http://www.constitution.org/la_boetie/serv_vol.htm

Excerpt:

Poor, wretched, and stupid peoples, nations determined on your own misfortune and blind to your own good! You let yourselves be deprived before your own eyes of the best part of your revenues; your fields are plundered, your homes robbed, your family heirlooms taken away. You live in such a way that you cannot claim a single thing as your own; and it would seem that you consider yourselves lucky to be loaned your property, your families, and your very lives. All this havoc, this misfortune, this ruin, descends upon you not from alien foes, but from the one enemy whom you yourselves render as powerful as he is, for whom you go bravely to war, for whose greatness you do not refuse to offer your own bodies unto death. He who thus domineers over you has only two eyes, only two hands, only one body, no more than is possessed by the least man among the infinite numbers dwelling in your cities; he has indeed nothing more than the power that you confer upon him to destroy you. Where has he acquired enough eyes to spy upon you, if you do not provide them yourselves? How can he have so many arms to beat you with, if he does not borrow them from you? The feet that trample down your cities, where does he get them if they are not your own? How does he have any power over you except through you? How would he dare assail you if he had no cooperation from you? What could he do to you if you yourselves did not connive with the thief who plunders you, if you were not accomplices of the murderer who kills you, if you were not traitors to yourselves? You sow your crops in order that he may ravage them, you install and furnish your homes to give him goods to pillage; you rear your daughters that he may gratify his lust; you bring up your children in order that he may confer upon them the greatest privilege he knows — to be led into his battles, to be delivered to butchery, to be made the servants of his greed and the instruments of his vengeance; you yield your bodies unto hard labor in order that he may indulge in his delights and wallow in his filthy pleasures; you weaken yourselves in order to make him the stronger and the mightier to hold you in check. From all these indignities, such as the very beasts of the field would not endure, you can deliver yourselves if you try, not by taking action, but merely by willing to be free. Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces.

• Like 1

UNION FAIL: WALMART REPORTS RECORD SALES

Despite union efforts to target retailers like Walmart, businesses are reporting record Black Friday traffic – the biggest sign yet that the unions are out of touch with the American people. Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Walmart put its products on Black Friday sale, sparking a run to the stores and earning the stores record sales.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/23/Union-fail-Walmart-records-record-sales

• Like 3

AFSCME, NEA, SEIU, & AARP...What could possible be wrong with this?

Does anyone know if Al Qaeda does contract hits?

@Valin I've always loved PJ. He is one of the great satirists of conservatism and I love his early writing. I have to say that I've sort of dumped him for Mark Steyn...but he is definitely the original conservative wit, imo. His Car and Driver features were the best reads anywhere.