Candidate - Herman Cain

Geee

So it is clear the only non-racist thing to do is elect Paul :blink:

Ok I'm gonna try to explain this. Pay attemtion because I may not always be here to help.

Rule #1 all conservatives are racists.

(replete that until it sinks in)

Got it?

Fine

Rule #2 In the (highly)unlikely event that conservatives do not racist...see Rule #1

I have found that be following these two simplw rules life in politics has become so much simpler and easier.

If you are still having trouble just ax yourself...WWASD What Would Al Sharpton Do.

WestVirginiaRebel

Cain’s ‘impossible dream’ resonates with voters

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Herman Cain is firing up the crowd at a tea party rally in this West Tennessee town when the generator powering his sound system shudders to a halt.

Cain stands awkwardly for a few moments then suddenly begins to sing. Slowly at first but gaining in speed, he belts out “Impossible Dream” in the rich baritone he’s honed in church choir.

“You know, when it’s your rally, you can do what you want to do!” Cain says as he finishes with a raucous laugh. The 500 or so supporters who have jammed the strip mall parking lot to hear the Republican Party’s newest star speak roar their approval.

Audio:

Cain’s ‘impossible dream’ resonates with voters

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Herman Cain is firing up the crowd at a tea party rally in this West Tennessee town when the generator powering his sound system shudders to a halt.

Cain stands awkwardly for a few moments then suddenly begins to sing. Slowly at first but gaining in speed, he belts out “Impossible Dream” in the rich baritone he’s honed in church choir.

“You know, when it’s your rally, you can do what you want to do!” Cain says as he finishes with a raucous laugh. The 500 or so supporters who have jammed the strip mall parking lot to hear the Republican Party’s newest star speak roar their approval.

Audio:

Cain's 'impossible dream' resonates with voters

SHANNON McCAFFREY

updated 10/15/2011 9:12:12 AM ET 2011-10-15T13:12:12

JACKSON, Tenn. — Herman Cain is firing up the crowd at a tea party rally in this West Tennessee town when the generator powering his sound system shudders to a halt.

Cain stands awkwardly for a few moments then suddenly begins to sing. Slowly at first but gaining in speed, he belts out "Impossible Dream" in the rich baritone he's honed in church choir.

"You know, when it's your rally, you can do what you want to do!" Cain says as he finishes with a raucous laugh. The 500 or so supporters who have jammed the strip mall parking lot to hear the Republican Party's newest star speak roar their approval.

(Snip)

His everyman image is resonating.

"In the field right now, he's the most like me," said Jimmy Hoppers, a 60-year-old physician from Jackson, who was hoping to meet Cain so he could hand deliver a $1,000 donation to his campaign. "He's run a business and paid the bills. He's authentic."

On Friday night Cain, who is African-American, drew about 2,000 people — some in workshirts and overalls and nearly all white — to a feed barn in rural Waverly, Tenn.

This is a socially conservative country and Cain — ever the salesman — knows his audience. He closes by invoking God and singing the hymn "He Looked Beyond My Faults."

"I love him," gushed truck driver James Bland after Cain spoke. "He doesn't talk down to you. I think he gets the working man."

"And it makes me so happy that he's put God back into things," chimed in Bland's wife, Karen.

(Snip)

Herman Cain is Black! Wow! I mean who knew.

"He doesn't talk down to you" is why I believe Cain will win. People who are not rabid partisans want leaders who are Authentic and that they perceive as the best versions of themselves. That is how GWB confounded critics and won a second term. That is how Bill Clinton won and remained popular.

And I believe it is why Obamas approval ratings dropped so incredibly fast. People voted for the novelty...and outof panic...and when it was discovered that the smarter than us guy wasn't really any smarter (and perhaps less smart) average folks turned on him with a vengeance.

Electing a president in this country is more about intangibles than anything else. I think it confounds the elites.

My ultimate goal is to see Obama defeated, no matter who ends up running against him. But until Cain is eliminated from the race (hope not), he has my support. And it grows stronger every time I hear him interviewed or give a speech. And it tickles the crap out of me to see how he gets under the skin of the liberals, white and black.

My ultimate goal is to see Obama defeated, no matter who ends up running against him. But until Cain is eliminated from the race (hope not), he has my support. And it grows stronger every time I hear him interviewed or give a speech. And it tickles the crap out of me to see how he gets under the skin of the liberals, white and black.

True that. That is the goal.

He shows them up to be hypocrites every time.

Hot Air

Finally: Herman Cain sings John Lennon songs — about pizza

posted at 4:05 pm on October 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

printer-friendly

snip

An instant classic via the Omaha World-Herald, which dug up this ham-tastic 20-year-old performance at the Omaha Press Club as part of its look back at Cain’s years in Nebraska working for Godfather’s Pizza. Watching it, two things are clear. One: Lennon’s ode to possessions-less brotherhood actually makes a hell of a corporate jingle. And two: The inauguration ball is going to be amazing.

Hot Air

Rasmussen: Cain 43, Obama 41

Share108

posted at 12:45 pm on October 17, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

printer-friendly

snip

Is Herman Cain electable? As he keeps the nation’s attention on his unorthodox run for the Republican presidential nomination, Cain has begun to show strength in general-election polling at Rasmussen. In today’s poll, he becomes only the second Republican to take a lead over Obama among likely voters in their surveys:

Whether Herman Cain’s surge in the polls is temporary or has staying power, he’s enjoying a big enough bounce to take a very slight lead over President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. At the moment, the Georgia businessman is the only Republican with a lead of any kind over Obama, although former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has held a similar advantage several times and is currently trailing the president by just two points.

Herman Cain's 9-9-9 Plan

Vision for Economic Renewal

The natural state of our economy is prosperity. Freedom ensures that.

In order to return to prosperity, Government must get off our backs, out of our pockets and out of our way

Economic Guiding Principles

Production drives the economy, not spending. Production is the engine, consumption is the caboose.

We can not spend our way to prosperity.

Government spending is like taking a bucket of water from the deep end of the pool, pouring it in the shallow end. Then they HOPE that the water level will CHANGE.

Risk taking drives growth.

Business formation and job creation are dependent on entrepreneurs taking risks.

Investors who fund those entrepreneurs likewise take risks.

Measurements must be dependable.

A dollar must always be a dollar just as an hour is always 60 minutes.

Sound money is crucial for prosperity.

UNITE, never DIVIDE; UNITED around ECONOMIC GROWTH

When one party is so focused on spending so that the other must focus on cutting, we must unite around economic growth

Unite income tax payers with payroll taxpayers so we all pull for low rates

Unite those wanting to eliminate deductions with those seeking lower rates.

Unite the Flat-Taxers with the Fair-Taxers

Phase One

Our current economic crisis calls for bold action to truly stimulate the economy and Renew America back to its greatness. The 9-9-9 Plan gets Washington D.C. out of the business of picking winners and losers, using the tax code to dole out favors, and dividing the country with class warfare. It is fair, simple, transparent and efficient. It taxes everything once and nothing twice. It taxes the broadest possible base at the lowest possible rates. It is neutral with respect to savings and consumption,capital and labor, imports and exports and whether companies pay dividends or retain earnings.

9% Business Flat Tax

Gross income less all purchases from other U.S. located businesses, all capital investment, and net exports.

Empowerment Zones will offer deductions for the payroll of those employed in the zone

9% Individual Flat Tax.

Gross income less charitable deductions.

Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.

9% National Sales Tax.

Unlike a state sales tax, which is an add-on tax that increases the price of goods and services, this is a replacement tax. It replaces taxes that are already embedded in selling prices. By replacing higher marginal rates in the production process with lower marginal rates, marginal production costs actually decline, which will lead to prices being the same or lower, not higher.

Economic Impact

According to former Reagan Treasury official Gary Robbins, of Fiscal Associates, the 9-9-9 Plan will expand GDP by $2 trillion, create 6 million new jobs, increase business investment by one third, and increase wages by 10%.

9-9-9 Plan: Summary

Removes all payroll taxes and unites all tax payers

Provides the least incentive to evade taxes and the fewest opportunities to do so

Lifts a $430 billion dead-weight burden on the economy due to compliance, enforcement, collection, etc…

Is fair, simple, efficient, neutral, and transparent

Ends nearly all deductions and special interest favors

Features zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits

Exports leave our shores without the Business Tax or the Sales Tax embedded in their cost, making them world class competitive. Imports are subject to the same taxation as domestically produced goods, leveling the playing field.

Lowest marginal rates on production

Kills the Death Tax

Allows immediate expensing of business investments

Eliminates double taxation of dividends

Increases capital formation which aids capital availability for small businesses

Increased capital per worker drives productivity and wage growth

Features a platform to launch properly structured Empowerment Zones to renew our inner cities

The pro-growth, pro-job, pro-export economic policies of the 9-9-9 PLAN equals a strong dollar policy

Phase 2 – The Fair Tax

Amidst a backdrop of the economic renewal created by the 9-9-9 Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.

Ultimately replaces individual and corporate income taxes

Ends the IRS as we know it and repeals the 16th Amendment

Meet Herman Cain

Mr. Cain has more than 40 years experience in the the private sector where he balanced budgets, created jobs and rescued failing companies. A no-nonsense business leader who has turned struggling companies around to renewed success, Mr. Cain’s policies will do the same for the United States of America.

Find out more at www.HermanCain.com/about

Listening to Cain interview on Hannity Radio -

"I'm not married to this plan (9-9-9.) I'd consider others, as long as they get the job done."

"I'm not married to this plan (9-9-9.) I'd consider others, as long as they get the job done."

Instead of 9-9-9, it would have been just simpler for him to say he would seek alternatives to the current federal income tax as in begin with abolishing it first. I know he was a good radio talk show guy, but he should now talk less and listen more.

Instead of 9-9-9, it would have been just simpler for him to say he would seek alternatives to the current federal income tax as in begin with abolishing it first. I know he was a good radio talk show guy, but he should now talk less and listen more.

I like many others have some problems with 999 but I will say this it would be better than the code we have today (talk about setting the bar low)

NY Times: I.R.S. Watchdog Calls for Tax Code Overhaul

DAVID KOCIENIEWSKI

Published: January 5, 2011

The various calls to revamp the nation’s highly complex tax code were joined by a significant new voice on Wednesday — the I.R.S.’s own taxpayer advocate, who urged that the system be rewritten for the first time in a generation.

Nina E. Olson, the national tax advocate who acts as an ombudsman for the I.R.S., issued a sweeping criticism of federal tax policy in her annual report to Congress. Ms. Olson found that the volume of the tax code had nearly tripled in size during the last decade — to 3.8 million words in February 2010 from 1.4 million in 2001. She estimated that Americans spent 6.1 billion hours preparing their returns each year — the equivalent of 3 million employees working full time. By comparison, the federal payroll has 2.1 million full-time workers.

(Snip)

Art Laffer liked 9-9-9.....so it's OK by me, but how about 8-8-8......or better yet, 7-7-7?

Come on lucky 7-7-7's!

3-3-3?

Art Laffer liked 9-9-9.....so it's OK by me, but how about 8-8-8......or better yet, 7-7-7?

Come on lucky 7-7-7's!

3-3-3?

Herman's chances of winning--0 0 0.

Herman's chances of winning--0 0 0.

I just hope the attention drawn to the 9-9-9 plan will force the eventual nominee to make a commitment to do SOMETHING about the current tax code and the IRS.