Candidate - Herman Cain

Geee

I was watching this interview. I kept waiting for Cain to get up and walk off of the set. Msnbc probably offered O'D a new contract afterwards. Totally disgusting interview.

Just reading it was disgusting. If I'd been watching it, I'd probably be at HH Gregg buying a replacement TV right now.

Will try to word this carefully. O'D did everything short of calling Cain a dumb n@@@@r. His show is called the 'Last Word', maybe that will have been his last word. Nah, not on Msnbc.

pollyannaish

Just reading it was disgusting. If I'd been watching it, I'd probably be at HH Gregg buying a replacement TV right now.

Will try to word this carefully. O'D did everything short of calling Cain a dumb n@@@@r. His show is called the 'Last Word', maybe that will have been his last word. Nah, not on Msnbc.

What was great is that Cain made o'd look like a dumb h****y. :D

That's one of the things I like about Cain... most of the time... he tends to take the high road when someone like that is trying to attack him with biased information. He is better at defending himself with facts and logic when other candidates sputter or fall back on their talking points.

What was great is that Cain made o'd look like a dumb h****y. :D

Making Leisure Suit Larry look like the.....(how shall I put this?) intellectually challenged person he is....it's not that hard. Over the years he's become a bully, and you know how defeat a bully? Get back it their face, which is pretty much what Herman did.

MSNBC's O'Donnell Shamelessly Tries to Paint Herman Cain -- Who Worked for Navy Dept. -- As Draft-dodger

LAWRENCE O’DONNELL, HOST: Question about the Commander in Chief role. I misread your book in its references to the Navy, and I thought you served in the Navy. You're now telling me you didn't. Can you explain how you avoided military service during the Vietnam War and during the draft and why you should be Commander in Chief if you did successfully avoid military service during the war that came during what would have been your war years, how you, after avoiding the Vietnam War, why should you be Commander in Chief?

Can you imagine O'Donnell asking this question of Bill Clinton who completely evaded the Vietnam War? This seems especially absurd as Cain while in college worked full-time for the Department of the Navy developing fire control systems for ships and fighter planes:

HERMAN CAIN, REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Lawrence, you know, do you stay up night to come up with the wording in these questions or do you have someone writing them for you?

O’DONNELL: I just thought of that one right now when I heard you didn't serve in the Navy or the military during Vietnam.

CAIN: First of all --

O’DONNELL: How did you do that?

CAIN: Lawrence, first of all, I wanted to clarify the record because I didn't want to be accused later of saying that I served in the Navy. And if you read the book closely, it says I worked for the Department of the Navy. Now, your choice of words to say, “How did I avoid the Vietnam War?” I wasn't trying to avoid the Vietnam War. Here's what happened, Lawrence. I was working in a critical area called exterior ballistics. I worked on something called the rocket-assisted projectile for the Department of the Navy. It was my local board in Atlanta, Georgia, that told me, we would rather for you to continue to do that analytical work to help the Navy rather than us drafting you. Secondly, when they had the lottery, I made myself available. The year that they had the lottery for the draft they did not draft me because they didn't get to my number. So I think that's a poor choice of words on your part, to say that I avoided the Vietnam War. I made myself available to my country, and they did not draft me. The rest of the time I was serving my country in a critical role called exterior ballistics analysis. So I am offended with your choice of words in terms of what I was doing during the Vietnam War.

Seems like a good answer, right? Not for O'Donnell who continued to press the issue:

O’DONNELL: I am offended on behalf of all the veterans of the Vietnam War who joined, Mr. Cain. The veterans who did not wait to be drafted like John Kerry who joined. They didn't sit there and wait to find out what their draft board was going to do. They had the courage to join and to go and fight that war. What prevented you from joining, and what gives you the feeling that after having made that choice you should be the Commander in Chief?

snip

Two words that Lawrence O’Donnell should remember the next time he accuses a presidential candidate of shirking military service:

Daliy Kos: Lawrence O'Donnell's cringeworthy Herman Cain interview

(You know it's bad when the Daily Kos tells you, you screwed up)

Dear Mr. O'Donnell

When and with which branch did you serve?

What makes you think (assuming you do actually think...of which there is some doubt) you can speak for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUM9smLklw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YV7V5E3sI

Washington Post: The Herman Cain the GOP believes in

(Snip)The former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza is surging in national polls. His surprising success reflects the appeal of his traditional conservative views on the economy — including his 9-9-9 tax reform plan — and the way that the tea party movement, whose supporters generally back Cain, has upended the Republican Party.

But Cain’s candidacy is also the ultimate extension of the Obama presidency: A contender for the highest office in the land can be taken seriously regardless of race.

Despite the viability of a candidate such as Cain, there is a great irony to his early success. We are heading into a 2012 election cycle in which Republican and tea party conservatives appear eager to support a candidate, who just happens to be black, based on his convictions and ideas. The Democrats, on the other hand, appear willing to recycle the race card to keep this country’s first black president in office.
(Snip)

Protect Herman Cain-Use the Republican Runaway Railroad to Safely Put Him in the White House!

runaways-tpc-i3019.jpg

H/T:ThePeoplesCube

The left, the race card, and Herman Cain

Jeff Jacoby

10/10/11

THE DAY AFTER Herman Cain's dazzling victory in the Florida straw poll, I commented to a Republican neighbor -- and where I live, there aren't many of those -- that with Cain as a GOP rock star, liberals who have been so ready to smear President Obama's critics as racist would have to come up with a new shtick.

What was I thinking?

(Snip)

Love Cain or loathe him, it should be possible to talk about his candidacy without resorting to racial pejoratives. Like Lester Maddox's axe handle, the political race card ought to be by now nothing but an ugly memory -- something no decent voter, activist, or candidate would dream of brandishing.

Cain Speaks For Silent Majority

Politics: As Democrats, corporations and billionaires fell all over themselves to cheer Wall Street mobs protesting capitalism and demanding free rides, the lone voice of Herman Cain challenging them spoke for the rest of us.

The unkempt protesters and their tent camps, garbage heaps and drum circles making Wall Street and other U.S. cities unbearable don't have an articulate set of demands.

But their desire to end capitalism and still enjoy free-flowing government largesse is a constant, along with their nonstop claim to represent the "middle class."

It's as at odds with reality as the cast of characters jumping on their bandwagon of support: House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, responsible for $1 trillion in wasted government "stimulus" that went to cronies and destroyed millions of jobs, and President Obama, who publicly demonized business, despite taking in unprecedented Wall Street campaign cash.

Local politicians looked the other way on permits and handed out "free" tents, ponchos and porta-potties, in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, billionaire speculator and convicted inside trader George Soros threw support — and money — to these same protests against capitalism.

Now luxury ice-cream retailer Ben & Jerry's, a unit of a multinational corporation as noted by BigGovernment.com, has joined the anti-business fun, tweeting: "To those who Occupy: We stand with you. We admire @OccupyWallSt & those around the country who have joined in solidarity."

Amid this kultursmog of contradictions, a stark clarity from GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain stood out unlike that of any other national voice.snip

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/587614/201110101854/Cain-Speaks-For-Silent-Majority.htm

Politico: Herman Cain on top in WSJ/NBC poll

MAGGIE HABERMAN

10/12/11

The WSJ/NBC poll that just came out shows yet another front-runner in a fluid race: Herman Cain.

Cain is leading the national poll with 27 percent. Mitt Romney gets 23 percent, and Rick Perry gets 16 percent, according to early numbers.

Continue Reading

The numbers mean that Cain had a massive gain, almost entirely at Perry's expense, in the past six weeks. Perry had been flying high at 38 percent, according the previous WSJ/NBC poll.

(Snip)

The "Big Guns" are about to focus on Cain. Looks like Perry is down and out. If he has anything in his closet lets hope it comes out now and not in a year.

The Hill

Herman Cain named Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) as potential running mates should he secure the Republican presidential nomination for the 2012 election.

Speaking Thursday on "The Steve Gill Show," Cain outlined the qualities he would like in a running mate, and then, unprovoked, offered specific names.

“There are some people in Congress that are very, very good, that I respect and admire and that I would love to have on my team,” Cain said. “Whether that would be in a V.P. slot or in a key Cabinet slot … I’ll give you a name — like Representative Paul Ryan. I’m not saying he would be the V.P. pick, he might be, but that’s the type of person I would want in my Cabinet. He’s the type of person. Sen. Jim DeMint — people who are not afraid to challenge the system. People who are not afraid to put on the table what we should do, and not just what we think we can get done.”

snip

Cain also said that he’d seek the help of his friend — and fellow competitor — Newt Gingrich as a campaign manager, chief of staff or strategist.

“Newt is a brilliant mind,” he said. “I don’t know how things are going to turn out, but I would call upon Newt Gingrich to assist me at some point in some way because he brings so much knowledge and insight to this whole process, but more importantly, to the problems we face in this country.”

Paul Ryan ‘loves’ Herman Cain’s 9-9-9 tax plan

House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan says he “loves” presidential candidate Herman Cain’s signature “9-9-9″ tax plan.

Ryan told The Daily Caller in an exclusive interview that Cain’s plan is a good starting point for debate, and shows the GOP presidential campaign season has entered into a more advanced stage where ideas — not just personalities — have come to the forefront.

“We need more bold ideas like this because it is specific and credible,” Ryan said. “I’m more of a flat-tax kind of a guy.”

snip

JammieWearingFool found this video of Herman Cain debating Bill Clinton.

lol...I posted this same video here over a week ago. :lol:

:bag: I have not been following this thread well, Argyle58! Otherwise I would have seen your most excellent post.

Updated as I thought I was in the Coffee Shop at first. :lmfao:

Edited by saveliberty

It's all out war on Cain by MSNBC.

My link

I remember Crazy Ed Schultz when he was center right in Fargo. He thought (and I use this in the loosest sense of the word) he should have been the next Rush Limbaugh, needless to say didn't happen so he moved over to the hard left.