Candidate - Herman Cain

Geee

Cain will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight and Cspan tomorrow night for Lincoln/Douglas debate w/Newt.

:huh:

C Span? Great! Know what time? I am really looking forward to this.

Cain will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight and Cspan tomorrow night for Lincoln/Douglas debate w/Newt.

:huh:

C Span? Great! Know what time? I am really looking forward to this.

8:00 PM Eastern Time

Click Here

Cuts out all the football fans. Alabama and LSU on at same time #1,#2.

Just a WAG, but I bet it will be archived for those who actually have lives, so they can watch it later. :D

Things seemed to be quieting down, was this a good idea?

Gloria Cain, wife of GOP candidate Herman Cain, has given her first televised interview ever, to Greta Van Susteren of Fox News.

The interview is scheduled to air Monday night, but according to partial transcripts already released, Mrs. Cain strongly defends her husband against the allegations of sexual harassment.

“You hear the graphic allegations and we know that would have been something that’s totally disrespectful of her as a woman. And I know the type of person he is. He totally respects women.”

“I’m thinking he would have to have a split personality to do the things that were said," according to Mrs. Cain.

Why the Establishment Wants to Destroy Herman Cain

By Dr. Alveda King

Niece to MLK

There are two reasons the liberal media can’t get enough of the Herman Cain smear campaign:

1. They would rather report unsubstantiated allegations and gossip than report the real issues, because talking about the real issues would not be in the best interest of the president.

President Obama is traveling around the country, proposing a stimulus bill that has already failed once. Instead of having an honest discussion about whether or not a plan that already failed once will fail again, the establishment would rather distract the American people with gossip.

The amount of time spent talking about this ridiculous smear campaign while the country is in an economic crisis, shows that the liberal media’s agenda is not to keep people informed, but to keep people distracted from failed establishment economic policies.

2. The establishment is threatened by a strong conservative with such a large platform.

For many years, the Democrats have had a 90% stranglehold on the black vote. This is because many blacks feel that Republicans are racist and only care about the rich, while Democrats love them, give Blacks welfare, etc. When a strong, charismatic, BLACK conservative goes head to head with Obama, many blacks who have not yet done so will actually listen to both sides of the political argument.

They will hear Mr. Cain say that the entitlements given to them don’t help the black community. When Mr. Cain says that welfare is statistically like a disease that is passed from generation to generation, that it promotes single mothers, that it promotes a culture of helplessness and government dependency, people will listen.

When Mr. Cain says I will give you opportunities to improve your quality of life: jobs so that you don’t need government handouts to survive, that the government will teach people to fish rather than give them fish sticks…people will listen.

Mr. Cain would structurally change the voting demographic. There would be more black economic conservatives, and the Democrats would lose their stranglehold on the black vote. The establishment is threatened by that, so they will try to assassinate Mr. Cain’s character, hoping he doesn’t get the chance to go head to head with President Obama.

If the general election features two black men of opposing political views, and Black America hears an honest political debate, the establishment will lose a portion of their 90 percent stranglehold on the black vote.

snip

Why the Establishment Wants to Destroy Herman Cain

By Dr. Alveda King

Niece to MLK

They will hear Mr. Cain say that the entitlements given to them don’t help the black community. When Mr. Cain says that welfare is statistically like a disease that is passed from generation to generation, that it promotes single mothers, that it promotes a culture of helplessness and government dependency, people will listen.

I see this every darn day. (I live in a mainly Black neighborhood.) The sad thing is I can't tell the working poor from the welfare poor, and there should be an outward difference.

• 2 weeks later...
WestVirginiaRebel

Feisty Cain presses ahead with bid

Questions about the campaign's viability hovered over Cain's one-day bus tour through Ohio.

It came a day after the candidate told staff he was reassessing his campaign after Ginger White, an Atlanta businesswoman, alleged in media interviews that she and Cain had a long-running sexual affair.

"We are reassessing as we speak. Reassessment means reevaluation," Cain told reporters Wednesday after his well-received speech to roughly 150 people in a hotel meeting room. He gave no indication to the audience that he was considering abandoning his bid despite telling staff that he would make a decision in the next few days about whether to continue it.

Cain received a standing ovation after he spoke about what a "Cain administration" would do. And he said that while some people predicted that the room would be empty, "I don't see any empty seats."

On the other hand:

Black Republican calls on Cain to exit race

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said Wednesday he would advise Herman Cain to let voters move on from the distraction of his campaign.

Cain told his campaign this week it is time to reassess in light of the resurfacing of old sexual harassment allegations and new accusations this week that he carried on a 13-year affair.

"Beyond reassessing his campaign, he probably needs to understand that he is a distracter for what's going on right now and we should move on," West told WMALs radio show Morning Majority.

West, a Tea Party favorite and the only Republican in the Congressional Black Caucus, suggested Cain is already out of the running and the GOP nomination field has come down to a two-man race.

And, this:

Cain to Make Final Decision in Week, Worried about Family

He stressed that he had received support from voters, but also left the window open for exiting the race.

The e-mails have been just overwhelming in terms of encouragement to stay, Cain said. But Ive got to think about my family first.

:(

I still don't believe these accusations are true.

Damidy Damn damn damn

Not that he was my first choice (not sure I had a first choice) but I know the mechanics of Soros, MSM, the Rats...

the vetting of our candidates vs the free pass for the RATS is disgusting

I wish Cain had taken legal action against the first couple bimbos BIG TIME as a deterrent for further issues (like this one)

Damidy Damn damn damn

Not that he was my first choice (not sure I had a first choice) but I know the mechanics of Soros, MSM, the Rats...

I wish Cain had taken legal action against the first couple bimbos BIG TIME as a deterrent for further issues (like this one)

Plan A: I hope every one of those gold-diggers chokes on their payoff.

Plan B: I hope Cain sues every one of them for libel.

Damidy Damn damn damn

Plan A: I hope every one of those gold-diggers chokes on their payoff.

Plan B: I hope Cain sues every one of them for libel.

The problem is NY Times co. v Sullivan this ruling makes it very hard for a public figure to win a libel suit.

I believe that the relationship was true. He was paying her and did not tell Gloria. Now if he were not in a relationship and was helping her out, why would he not tell his wife? More importantly, why would he not tell her before he runs for office?

The other accusations from the woman who had settled quietly, he should have prepared for.

Ms. Bielak, I do not believe, since months before, she went to a Tea Party rally and hugged him.

Cain should have had his team prepare him. That is one thing that was very strong in Bush's team: if someone disclosed everything fully, he would have team members prepare a defense or a way to handle it, if it came up.

It's fair that he did not do that for Harriet Miers.

It is also fair that he didn't believe that she needed it.

But Cain disappointed because he himself did not prepare.

A little more humility and a lot more discipline would have taken him to the White House.

Definitely not how I wanted him to go out. I was excited to become a Cain fan until I read the 9-9-9 plan in detail. You get points for having a plan, but ... not that plan. If he did diddle all these women, he'd have made one hell of a Democrat.

Among friends asking me who I support for the Republican nominee, I have always said (only partly tongue in cheek) "Whichever one I currently dislike the least." Sadly, that's becoming more and more true.