Coffee Shop

Rheo

The Week in Pictures: Old Republic Edition

Steven Hayward

December 6, 2014

Major breaking news announcement from Power Line: We have been acquired by Chris Hughes. (Motto: “All the Hughes that’s fit to print”?) We’re all being fired and replaced by a bunch of cyber-primates, and the site will move to Paramus, New Jersey. Okay—just kidding, but I really can’t get over the spectacle of the self-destruction of The New Republic, which I think is significant far beyond the details of young’un Chris Hughes thinking it is a nifty idea to wreck this venerable magazine. I’m tempted to say that Hughes is to opinion journalism what George Lucas is to the Star Wars prequels (a sub-theme here this week, by the way). But I think it may be worse that that: it is symptomatic of a wider problem on the Left, presaging the collapse of the Hillary candidacy (you might have missed the air audibly leaking from her balloon this week) and perhaps of Progressivism itself.

And don’t forget that we’ve reached the “fake, but accurate” stage of the UVA rape story. Stay tuned: the election last month may be just the beginning of the ruin of liberalism in the next few years.

(Snip)

xHillary-Evolution-copy.jpg,qresize=506,

(Snip)

Say goodbye to Miss Piggy today, too:

xPiggy-Landreiu-copy.jpg,qresize=505,P2C

xSharpton-Gas-Can-copy.jpg,qresize=457,P

(Snip)

xDebt2-copy.jpg,qresize=536,P2C389.pages

xDivide-copy.jpg,qresize=545,P2C381.page

xA-Carter-copy.jpg,qresize=557,P2C412.pa

(Snip)

xDonuts-copy.jpg,qresize=498,P2C497.page

(Snip)

Star-Wars-Meth-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C5

(Snip)

xTrek-v-Wars-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C508

(Snip)

You can't make this stuff up. It's a country song-about Hillary Clinton:

You are right... I couldn't make that up... I'm sober and of sound conservative mind.

However... the liberal mentality did and thinks it's just the right tune for the Hildabeast.

Mother Jones: This Pro-Hillary Cowboy Anthem Will Make Your Ears Bleed

After a quick look NO ONE likes this POS.

Racist Sexist Homophobe National Review Brings Us The Best Of Hillary

Note: A LARGE tumbler or 12 of whiskey is recommended before clicking the above link.....don't say you weren't warned.

Correction.... GWB does!

I like him personally but continue to lose respect for him.

WaPo

Former President Bush has spoken at length about his close ties to former President

Bill Clinton, at times calling him his "brother from another mother."

CNN's Candy Crowley asked Bush during an interview published Friday where that leaves Hillary Clinton: "My sister-in-law!" the president responded light-heartedly.

When asked about a potential Jeb Bush versus Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign, the former president conceded they would both be formidable candidates but insisted his brother — his real brother — would win.

Scissors-32x32.png

BTW... Looking back on GWB quotes on his judgement of character... I'm not sure whether he made this one regarding Putin or his "brother" Clinton.

“I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country.”

Mother Jones: This Pro-Hillary Cowboy Anthem Will Make Your Ears Bleed

Racist Sexist Homophobe National Review Brings Us The Best Of Hillary

Note: A LARGE tumbler or 12 of whiskey is recommended before clicking the above link.....don't say you weren't warned.

@Valin National Review has a nice listing of "Hillary promotional music videos" produced by her loyal constituency... however they forgot this classic song that really nails it for sure!

They confirmed the Austin police officer did hit the wild shooter... center chest, while holding two horses with one hand, pistol with other, at 100 yards.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/06/austin-cop-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman/

Sgt. Johnson did a shot that was fitting for an action movie.

Well what I don't understand is why didn't just shoot him in the arm? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Who is Leading and Financing the Orc Army of the Left?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/12/who_is_leading_and_financing_the_orc_army_of_the_left.html

When I was in college, I was treated to a fascinating display of hypnosis. At a large university, in an enormous theater, a hypnotist first determined those attendees who were susceptible to hypnosis. Those of us who were not then watched as the hypnotist introduced a trigger word into the subconscious of those under his influence, at the mention of which they would engage in whatever activity he directed. He woke them up, and each time he used the word, they went under the spell, he told them what they would do when they woke up, and we watched as they did it. I have no doubt that had the hypnotist told his subjects to punch the person next to them because that person had just offended them, the hypnotized would have done it just as surely as they danced like ballerinas on a stage in front of hundreds of strangers.

Humans are emotionally and mentally pliable. That they can be so easily programmed to react to a cue is alarming, but that there are people among us who recognize this and exploit it toward malicious ends is disturbing. The species homo sapiens can behave like herd beasts under the influence of conditioning and suggestion.

Most people have not even begun to understand the coldness and depravity of those who are dismantling our society and the legal and cultural foundations that have sustained it until now. Justice has nothing whatsoever to do with their actions, since none of those actions are calculated to achieve true justice. They are calculated to inflict chaos, uncertainty, fear and danger for the gain of some at the expense of others, all of which is antithetical to justice. Justice actually occurred in Ferguson, and the programmers and their trained surrogates reacted as if they had been branded like cattle.

With events such as Ferguson and before that Trayvon Martin and the Occupy hysteria, and now with the reaction to the grand jury convened to consider Eric Garner’s death, we are occasionally treated to a brief glimpse of the left’s Orc army, standing by for its cues, ready to march at a moment’s notice to destroy all in its path, especially truth. When they do arise from the muck, it also becomes clear that they have been so conditioned to pre-programmed cues that it is impossible to penetrate their psyches and engage them on facts. Their conditioning does not allow them to think independently of their indoctrination and training. They do not want to know the truth, having been similarly conditioned to find it grossly offensive. Still, they will tell you that they are not mindless drones serving a master or self-appointed master class, and that they have chosen for themselves to behave as would a herd of conscienceless animals.

Scissors-32x32.png

Of course, armies must be led. They draw validation from those implanting the cues and triggering their actions. Certainly the president has his fingerprints all over this, having met personally with Al Sharpton and the “organizers” of the Ferguson protests, telling them to stay on track the day after the midterms. And Eric Holder, always pursuing that honest conversation while spreading lies, is playing his part. But who are these organizers on the ground? Who is it who trains and conditions the Orcs for their lords and masters, and toward what ends? Certainly the media provides the propaganda and withholds the truth that keeps the hordes ignorant; but someone is directing what the hypnotized will do when they are told to wake up.

One such person may be Lisa Fithian. She is, like our president, an “organizer” for social chaos and upheaval. She is an anti-capitalist who organized the 1999 violent protests at the WTO conference in Seattle, and was behind the national “Occupy” protests, that were neither grassroots nor authentic. She had been in Ferguson for weeks before the non-indictment occurred, fomenting and orchestrating protests in the interim, and planning the highly coordinated mayhem that came after. Ms. Fithian appears to be, quite simply, a Marxist anarchist for hire. One can find plenty about her online, but her presence in Ferguson has not been widely publicized for some reason that perhaps the Democrat media can explain.

In addition to Ms. Fithian, it was noted by Lee Cary that many other communist and Marxist players are involved in the turmoil, repeating and relying on the lies that all police are racist and all black teens are saints, to justify protests that have nothing to do with the reality of what occurred in Ferguson, but have everything to do with the next opportunistic step they can take to destabilize our economic and cultural frameworks. The chaos caused by the professional agitators has little to do with the original “injustice”. The injustice is often itself a falsehood, debunked by the evidence. Nevertheless, the lie is pushed by the anarchist to cause chaos that is not calculated to solve anything. Chaos is the goal, not the cure. It is about forcibly converting a capitalist nation on the lie that it is in need of wholesale conversion into the false utopia of Marxism.

So, who is footing the bill for all of the “protests”? Who is paying Ms. Fithian’s fees and expenses, and those of her surrogates? Who is bankrolling these efforts to push the races in our country farther apart in order to facilitate even greater social instability? Who is behind the apparent coordination of the message, so that all of the community organizers, agitators, anarchists and racists on the left are all spontaneously singing from the same hymnal? The money has to come from somewhere. Someone is sponsoring our progressive overthrow.

Even if there is no clear financial tie to the White House, it is curious that the president is one of the foremost promoters of the lie of racism upon which the upheaval is supposedly based.

Scissors-32x32.png

AmericanThinker via TheoSpark

• Like 2

I called and registered my opinion @ 12:34 MST....Call & they will direct you to the office # of your representative.

Switchboard.png

Via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

21 Photos of Pearl Harbor and a Day That Will Live in Infamy

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/07/21-photos-pearl-harbor-day-will-live-infamy/

Sweet @Geee! One of four veterans of the USS Arizona, Larry Perry:

10432124_741176412598282_416096255910085

The Greatest Generations Foundation

Pearl Harbor Survivor Larry Perry makes his first return to the USS Arizona for the first time in 73 years. In a moment of reflection with rose petals in hand and the recent loss of his wife weighing heavy in his heart, Larry was overcome with vivid memories of December 7 as though it was yesterday. With a salute and a prayer, the petals were swept away by the wind, leaving all in witness sobbing as a united unit. A powerful tribute we will never forget. #chive #chiveon #chivenation #chivenation #pearlharbor #tggf #wwii

Photo Credit Melissa Findley

Remember Those Who Served - The Greatest Generations Foundation

BookOfFaces via iOTWReports

• Like 2

21 Photos of Pearl Harbor and a Day That Will Live in Infamy

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/07/21-photos-pearl-harbor-day-will-live-infamy/

Sweet @Geee! One of four veterans of the USS Arizona, Larry Perry:

10432124_741176412598282_416096255910085

The Greatest Generations Foundation

Pearl Harbor Survivor Larry Perry makes his first return to the USS Arizona for the first time in 73 years. In a moment of reflection with rose petals in hand and the recent loss of his wife weighing heavy in his heart, Larry was overcome with vivid memories of December 7 as though it was yesterday. With a salute and a prayer, the petals were swept away by the wind, leaving all in witness sobbing as a united unit. A powerful tribute we will never forget. #chive #chiveon #chivenation #chivenation #pearlharbor #tggf #wwii

Photo Credit Melissa Findley

Remember Those Who Served - The Greatest Generations Foundation

BookOfFaces via iOTWReports

My first grown up job after high school was at the Great Lakes Naval Base. I worked with a couple of the survivors. I remember Dec 7 every year, because I think of them and their stories.

• Like 2

Letter to Obama. Written in 2009....so don't know if the [95-y.o.-at the time] gentleman, is still with us.....

A letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.

So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of. You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:

"We're no longer a Christian nation"

"America is arrogant" - (Your wife even announced to the world, "America is mean-spirited." Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.)

I'd say shame on the both of you but I don't think you like America nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said, "America hasn't lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean?

1. Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British ?

2. Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War?

3. I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellahs I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around because we stand for freedom.

4. I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer,young man. Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts who was putting up a fight? You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.

You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy.

That's not our greatest threat.

Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.

And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely, Harold B. Estes

http://politicsandfinance.blogspot.com/2014/12/ww2-veterans-letter-to-barack-obama.html#wvUHVxHRqACGfcJy.99

Poilitics&Finance via TheoSpark

• Like 2

POT. KETTLE. BLACK.....please arrange appropriately, as needed:

Congressional Black Caucus Member: Ben Carson Supporters Ignorant, Are “Like A Lynch Mob”… http://weaselzippers.us/207527-congressional-black-caucus-member-ben-carson-supporters-are-ignorant-are-like-a-lynch-mob/

hj.jpg

HANK "Guam-Tipping-Over" JOHNSON: He [ben Carson] is a very smart, well-educated man and knows exactly what he’s doing, when we have blacks like that trying to tap into the ignorance of people who have been whipped into a frenzy, like a lynch mob, and you go to try to garner support from those folks, I think it’s very disappointing that we would have that kind of political discourse going on in this country.

Via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

Beloit Police help residents look for illegal weapons in their homes

Beloit Police urge community members to help stop the violence by first looking for weapons in their own home.

Beloit Chief Norm Jacobs says community based neighborhood action is the best place to begin slowing the cycle of violence in any community. While many persons have great ideas on how to stop and prevent gun violence, the best place to look and begin is your own home. To help in Beloit or in any community, the parents or manager of the property need to identify, secure or remove available weapons.

Home owners and parents who have weapons in their home should be sure these weapons are recorded and safely secured. At times these weapons are stolen to be used as crime guns in communities throughout the Midwest. At worst, these weapons are used in the fit of rage by family members to settle scores or by individuals who are experiencing a temporary mental crisis that turns tragic and permanent.

(Snip)

Yeah, That'll Work! blink.png

H/T Gay Patriot