Coffee Shop

Rheo

@Valin

That is so true! Now aren't you more than ever glad that you don't have a TV?

Every dog gone day!! I was visiting some friends and the tube was on and It Was Just Bad..I mean Bad.

Should You Believe What They Tell You or What You See?

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/12/should-you-believe-what-they-tell-you.html

By Jim Quinn

Sometimes I wish I could just passively accept what my government monarchs and their mainstream media mouthpieces feed me on a daily basis. Why do I have to question everything I’m told? Life would be much simpler and I could concentrate on more important things like the size of Kim Kardashian’s ass, why the Honey Boo Boo show was canceled, the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, whether I’ll get a better deal on Chinese slave labor produced crap on Black Thanksgiving, Black Friday, or Cyber Monday, fantasy football league standings, the latest NFL player to knockout their woman and get reinstated, Obama’s latest racial healing plan, which Clinton or Bush will be our next figurehead president, or the latest fake rape story from Rolling Stone. The willfully ignorant masses, dumbed down by government education, lured into obesity by corporate toxic packaged sludge disguised as food products, manipulated, controlled and molded by an unseen governing class of rich men, and kept docile through never ending corporate media propaganda, are nothing but pawns to the arrogant sociopathic pricks pulling the wires in this corporate fascist empire of debt.

I’m sure my blood pressure would be lower and my mood better if I just accepted everything I was told by my wise, sagacious, Ivy League educated, obscenely wealthy rulers as the unequivocal truth. Why should I doubt these noble, well intentioned, champions of the common folk? They’ve never misled us before. They would never attempt to use two highly publicized deaths as a lever to keep black people and white people fighting each other and not realizing all races are now living in a militarized police surveillance state supported by the one Party. They would never use their complete control over the financial, political, judicial, and media organisms to convince the masses that voting for one of their hand selected red or blue options will ever actually change anything. They would never engineer the overthrow of a democratically elected government, cover up the shooting down of an airliner, and attempt to blame their crimes on the leader of a nuclear power in their efforts to retain a teetering global empire. They would never overthrow or wage economic warfare on countries that don’t toe the line regarding the continued dominance of the petrodollar in global commerce.

Sadly, I’m cursed with a mind that questions everything and trusts no one in authority or associated with the status quo.

It’s the reason I don’t read newspapers or watch mainstream media television entertainment propaganda, disguised as news. It’s the reason I will never vote in a national election again. The lesser of two evils is still evil. I’m skeptical of every piece of data fed to the sheep by the government apparatchiks working for the state. The faux journalists being paid millions by one of the six corporations controlling the media and dependent upon the government, Wall Street bankers, and mega-corporations for their advertising revenues regurgitate whatever they are told by those pulling the purse strings. The mainstream media are nothing but propaganda peddlers for the Deep State and truth telling is prohibited in their world of deception, debt, and denial. Their job is to sustain, enhance, and further enrich the status quo by engineering consent through what they report and what they do not report. The true ruling powers who operate in the shadows behind the scenes are men of power, wealth, status and education who truly believe they are better equipped to consciously manage and manipulate the public mind to achieve their ends. They are disciples of the Edward Bernays School of deception, manipulation and propaganda.

“If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing about it? The recent practice of propaganda has proved that it is possible, at least up to a certain point and within certain limits.”Edward Bernays

The Nazis were pikers compared to the technologically savvy Madison Avenue maggots and Silicon Valley snakes who mold the opinions, tastes, and beliefs of the iGadget addicted, vapid, unintelligent, unquestioning, zombie-like masses who beseech to be led, told what to do and what to believe. A vast swath of the population don’t read books or even know how to read above a grade school level. They couldn’t write a coherent paragraph if their life depended upon it. But they can twitter, text, Instagram, and facebook at the speed of light. Try walking down any street in an American city without some iGadget distracted oblivious moron bumping into you. The addicting nature of today’s technology is being used by the ruling elite to monitor, control, and make you respond the way they choose.

Facebook, corporate media organizations, quasi-government organizations, and the NSA are creating a corporate totalitarian state where the slaves willingly sacrifice their privacy, liberty and freedom for mindless entertainment and distractions. The 21st Century totalitarian state captures your political beliefs, daily activities, habits, interests, spending behaviors, organizational associations, love life, pictures, psychological makeup, and fears from your own postings on the internet. With the right algorithms they can uncannily predict how you will react to different situations and messaging. They can also uncover threats to the status quo. Under the guise of keeping you safe from terrorists they are actually ferreting out subversives and radicals who refuse to conform to their idea of a good citizen slave. We will all be subject to our own Room 101.

Dan Kaplan in his recent article about Facebook as a tool for totalitarianism lays out the extreme threat to our future:

Today’s totalitarian demands a more subtle way to influence cultural and political sentiment. But if you got your hands on an algorithmically filtered newsfeed? One that could control the stories people see every day and influence their emotions across geographic, political and economic lines? You’d be in business.

But then there was the mood-influence study that scandalized us for a couple of weeks this year. Facebook changed the tone of content showing up in people’s feeds to test the impact it could have on their moods. The results, not too surprisingly, suggested that Facebook has the power to manipulate sentiment at scale.

Given how easy it is to scare people about the scary-seeming-but-actually-low-risk Ebola, and how dumb we all get when we are afraid, it is not crazy to think that under the wrong circumstances — like one or two more mass-scale terrorist attacks on major cities — modern democracy gives way to something akin to 1984.

If Big Brother were to seize the reins of power, sure, he’d use the cable news the way it’s being used today. But Facebook’s data maw, targeting power and sentiment-manipulation capabilities would be far more insidious. Whether this is what we become or not comes down to the future we choose to build.

The saddest part of this episode of mass delusion, mass confusion, and mass media collusion is that even though we are moving towards Orwell’s totalitarian vision of society, thus far, technology, triviality and an unending array of distractions have lured the masses into passive preoccupation with egotistical pleasures. We’ve been persuaded to love our servitude while drowning in a sea of irrelevance, diversions, and trifles. We continue to amuse ourselves to death while forging our own chains of debt and yielding to the direction of an all-powerful welfare warfare surveillance state that promises to protect us from phantom threats while actually abolishing our rights, freedoms, and liberties. No coercion necessary.

We have been trained to love our servitude.

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.” – Aldous Huxley – Brave New World

Scissors-32x32.png

( Much more at link )

DougRoss@Journal via TheFeralIrishman

f%@# the feds. Did you catch that, DHS?

http://knuckledraggin.com/2014/12/f%@#-feds-catch-dhs/

According to Congressman Justin Amash, Congress just passed a bill which grants the government and law enforcement “unlimited access to the communications of every American”.

When the Michigan lawmaker discovered that the Intelligence Authorization Act for FY 2015 had been amended with a provision that authorizes “the acquisition, retention, and dissemination” of all communications data from U.S. citizens, he desperately attempted to organize a roll call vote on the bill.

However, the legislation was passed yesterday 325-100 via a voice vote, a green light for what Amash describes as “one of the most egregious sections of law I’ve encountered during my time as a representative”.

The bill allows the private communications of Americans to be scooped up without a court order and then transferred to law enforcement for criminal investigations.

The legislation effectively codifies and legalizes mass warrant-less NSA surveillance on the American people, with barely a whimper of debate.

Read the full text of Congressman Amash’s letter below, which was sent out before the bill was passed:

Dear Colleague:

The intelligence reauthorization bill, which the House will vote on today, contains a troubling new provision that for the first time statutorily authorizes spying on U.S. citizens without legal process.

Last night, the Senate passed an amended version of the intelligence reauthorization bill with a new Sec. 309—one the House never has considered. Sec. 309 authorizes “the acquisition, retention, and dissemination” of nonpublic communications, including those to and from U.S. persons. The section contemplates that those private communications of Americans, obtained without a court order, may be transferred to domestic law enforcement for criminal investigations.

To be clear, Sec. 309 provides the first statutory authority for the acquisition, retention, and dissemination of U.S. persons’ private communications obtained without legal process such as a court order or a subpoena. The administration currently may conduct such surveillance under a claim of executive authority, such as E.O. 12333. However, Congress never has approved of using executive authority in that way to capture and use Americans’ private telephone records, electronic communications, or cloud data.

Supporters of Sec. 309 claim that the provision actually reins in the executive branch’s power to retain Americans’ private communications. It is true that Sec. 309 includes exceedingly weak limits on the executive’s retention of Americans’ communications. With many exceptions, the provision requires the executive to dispose of Americans’ communications within five years of acquiring them—although, as HPSCI admits, the executive branch already follows procedures along these lines.

In exchange for the data retention requirements that the executive already follows, Sec. 309 provides a novel statutory basis for the executive branch’s capture and use of Americans’ private communications. The Senate inserted the provision into the intelligence reauthorization bill late last night. That is no way for Congress to address the sensitive, private information of our constituents—especially when we are asked to expand our government’s surveillance powers.

I urge you to join me in voting “no” on H.R. 4681, the intelligence reauthorization bill, when it comes before the House today.

/s/

Justin Amash
Member of Congress

Via Wirecutter

Alabama Cop Who Caught Woman Stealing $1.50 Eggs To Feed Her Family Delivers Two Truckloads Of Food To Her House http://weaselzippers.us/207916-alabama-cop-who-caught-woman-stealing-1-50-eggs-to-feed-her-family-delivers-two-truckloads-of-food-to-her-house/

2401560800000578-2871737-Officer_Willaim

The compassion shown by Officer William Stacy to desperate Alabama mother Helen Johnson captured the nation’s attention at a time of strained relations between the police and black Americans.

Instead of arresting her for stealing five eggs to feed her starving family on Saturday, Stacy bought the carton and the touching hug they shared afterwards caught on video by a stunned passer-by went viral.

But it got even better on Wednesday when Officer Stacy and some colleagues arrived at 47-year-old Johnson’s home with two truckloads of food to keep her and her children and grandchildren fed through Christmas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871737/What-difference-week-makes-Cop-let-starving-mother-caught-stealing-eggs-just-hug-delivers-two-truckloads-food-feed-family-Christmas.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

DailyMail via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

You can't make this stuff up. It's a country song-about Hillary Clinton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfU3hI8ML30

I like the photoshop of the Marines in front of her....like she admired the armed services. Great lie. I only got to .40 seconds before I felt like heaving leaving.

BTW: I won't stand with/for....or do anything with/for Killary!

evil1.gif

• Like 1

Colorado school bribes kids to eat Michelle O lunches

http://eagnews.org/colorado-school-bribes-kids-to-eat-michelle-o-lunches/

LAKEWOOD, Colo – School officials in Jefferson County, Colorado felt like they had to do something to save the school’s lunch program after a significant drop in participation last year because of new federal regulations championed by First Lady Michelle Obama.

So, they’re bribing kids to buy lunch.

Devinny Elementary School first grader Anna Ketzer was one of three students who won a brand new bicycle, 9News.com reports.

“I was very excited to hear that,” she told the news station, adding that she gets her food from the cafeteria because “I don’t have to make my lunch.”

Her prize comes from Jeffco Public Schools’ new “Hungry to Win” raffle for students who buy their lunch at school. After a 6 percent decline in lunch sales last year, district officials came up with the promotion to bring students back to the lunch room. With each lunch they buy, students are entered to win a range of prizes, from jump ropes, kites, iTunes gift cards or movie tickets, to grand prizes like bicycles and iPods, according to the news site.

“With all the new regulations and the changes that we’ve made, our lunch participation has gone down,” lunch facilitator Lori Burris told 9News. “So, this was to be an incentive to try school lunch and bring them back.”

Across the country, students are revolting against federal restrictions on calories, sodium, fat, sugar, whole grain, and other nutritional elements of school lunches by bringing their own food from home. Recent reports show more than 1 million students no longer buy food from the cafeteria, and requirements that they take a fruit or vegetable, whether they want it or not, has created more than $1 billion in food waste since the regulations went into effect in 2012.

The school lunch overhaul, which was implemented through the Healthy and Hunger Free Kids Act and forced on schools participating in the National School Lunch Program, has resulted in record lunch revenue losses in some schools, prompting hundreds to drop out of the program and forfeit their federal subsidies to serve students food they’ll actually eat.

A new federal budget bill could allow schools that have lost the most revenue to apply for waivers from some of the standards, despite efforts by Michelle Obama to prevent the changes to her pet project.

Jeffco’s Burris said students are not big fans of the “healthier” lunches, so they had to find a way to convince kids to eat it.

We think it’s because they don’t necessarily like some of the new changes that we’ve had to make,” she said.

Burris believes students might actually like the cafeteria’s new offerings once they’ve ate enough of it.

“They’re used to something a little different,” she said. “So, we wanted to encourage them to come back and try it and show them it really tastes good. It’s just a bit different.”

Burris told 9News lunch sales have increased 4 percent since they launched “Hungry to Win.”

Several parents who commented on the 9News story were clearly not impressed with the raffle idea.

Scissors-32x32.png

Eric Prieve believes the contest is “one of many reasons we need the federal government out of local affairs.

“Let the PTA set the menu that they want their kids to eat,” he posted. “Boot Moochelle out of your kid’s diets.”

Kevin Snyder seemed to agree.

“Problem: Food is bad. Result: Sales are down,” he wrote. “Solution: Well, it’s not the one you’re thinking, folks.”

******************************************************************************************************

This is where my younger siblings went to school. Our home on Green Mountain [Lakewood] was 2 blocks away.

EAG via iOTWReports

f%@# the feds. Did you catch that, DHS?

http://knuckledraggin.com/2014/12/f%@#-feds-catch-dhs/

According to Congressman Justin Amash, Congress just passed a bill which grants the government and law enforcement “unlimited access to the communications of every American”.

Well if Justin says it it must be absolutely true.

@Valin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>See below:

v

v

v

War between Russia and Ukraine, tensions between China and its neighbors, War in The Levant, Protests all over the nation, Never fear Barack Is On The Job!!

I'm glad he spends most of his morning watching ESPN. The only problem is, that leaves Valerie in the Oval Office to run things. On the other hand, that's pretty much how it is, anyway.

• Like 1

Flying Monkey Crashes Party

flying-monkey2.jpg

Man With Gender Studies Degree Terrorizes Party http://reductress.com/post/man-with-gender-studies-degree-terrorizes-party/

Fueled by an unfounded sense of outrage, Brooklyn resident Brendan Parker terrorized a local housewarming party last Saturday while brandishing his gender studies degree.

Witnesses say that the incident began over a seemingly innocuous comment made by a party guest about a local filmmaker. “I said I wasn’t really into Lena Dunham’s new book,” Mallory Nyguen said. “Next thing I know, I’m being asked if I know the hurdles women in the entertainment industry face and something about the male gaze.”

Nyguen, who is an actress, is both a woman and working in the entertainment industry, added, “I just knew he wasn’t going to stop until I gave in and admitted my privilege.”

“He came out of nowhere,” says hostess Sarah Casey. Casey believes he is somehow connected to one of her “idiot” coworkers, though none of her invited party guests would admit to knowing the perpetrator. “It all happened in slow motion. I just hid under the table until he left. ”

Parker moved throughout the party, unleashing the fundamental concepts of his undergraduate major at every opportunity. “It was kind of weird to get lectured about the patriarchy by, y’know, a member of the patriarchy,” one victim commented. “He called me an Uncle Tom for wearing bras.”

Scissors-32x32.png

TheReductress via iOTWReports

Cyber_Liberty

Whenever I hear about "white privilege," I always tell them I'm just lousy with the stuff. I live it, breath it, swim in it and find their tears delicious. Drives 'em nutz.

• Like 2

Whenever I hear about "white privilege," I always tell them I'm just lousy with the stuff. I live it, breath it, swim in it and find their tears delicious. Drives 'em nutz.

I know what you mean, @Cyber_Liberty.

Anymore, I hardly ever even think...."kneel knave!"

I do come close with progs, though.

• Like 1

Researchers unearth time capsule buried in 1795 by Paul Revere and Samuel Adams http://http://iotwreport.com/?p=265810#DZjYYrvmIYsfrKbm.99

A time capsule buried in 1795 by Paul Revere and Samuel Adams was unearthed Thursday in Boston at the Massachusetts Statehouse, possibly the oldest such U.S. artifact ever uncovered.

About the size of a cigar box, the copper container — green from oxidation and caked in plaster — was found in the cornerstone of the “new” statehouse on Beacon Hill, which was completed in 1798.

tumblr_inline_nggefrEw941qij8k6.png

As Boston Museum of Fine Arts Conservator Pam Hatchfield chiseled away for hours to free the box, five silver cons spilled from the stone block — measures of good luck tossed in when the capsule was entombed by the revolutionary heroes 219 years ago, officials told the Boston Globe. At the time, Adams was known as the governor, not a beer.

The world will have to wait a little longer to learn what’s inside. The museum will X-ray the box over the weekend and reveal its contents next week.

Scissors-32x32.png

PoorRichard'sNews via iOTWReports

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Cromnibus Gruber Torture Edition

Steven Hayward

December 13, 2014

This is one of those weeks where the term fratricide fits—too many big stories colliding into one another: the drip-drip torture that is the life of Jonathan Gruber, the drama over the Crominbus spending plan (MUCH more to say about this down the road), the twin meltdowns of Rolling Stone and The New Republic. And is Al Sharpton still talking? Sit back and pass the popcorn.

xCromnibus-copy.jpg,qresize=539,P2C349.p

(Snip)

xGruber-Torture-copy.jpg,qresize=536,P2C

xDroves-v-Torture-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P

(Snip)

xTorture-copy.jpg,qresize=448,P2C325.pag

(Snip)

xKirk-Shcoked-copy.jpg,qresize=477,P2C60

xJuan-Williams-copy.jpg,qresize=548,P2C6

And this is why Juan doesn’t work at NPR any more.

(Snip)

xPlayoffs-copy.jpg,qresize=500,P2C309.pa

(Snip)

xRolling-Stone-2-copy.jpg,qresize=538,P2

(Snip)

xHillary-Extinct-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2

(Snip)

xGore-Marked-Down-copy.jpg,qresize=454,P

Now that’s justice.

(Snip)

xTexas-Snowmen-copy.jpg,qresize=568,P2C6

(Snip)

xBus-Drinking-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C43

(Snip)

xVegans-v-Cyclists-copy.jpg,qresize=580,

(Snip)

xJaeger-Meister-copy.jpg,qresize=579,P2C

And finally, with a slight change up. . .

xHot-Hunk-copy.jpg,qresize=402,P2C600.pa

Question: What is your eye drawn to first?

• Like 2

My eye was first drawn to the woman's ridiculous shoes. But then, I am old and female. Then I checked out the soldier. He looked nice.

• Like 3

My eye was first drawn to the woman's ridiculous shoes. But then, I am old and female. Then I checked out the soldier. He looked nice.

How did I know that was what women were going to see first? biggrin.png

Now guys, we're...conflicted Hot Car...Hot Babe...Big Gun decisions....decisions....decisions.

• Like 2