Coffee Shop

Rheo

I am often surprised I did not know how many liberal, left-wing relatives and friends I had, until I joined Facebook and their true colors burst forth. Here is an example of the posts I run into. Notice no source of these stats is given.

d23b8143-cf20-4433-9a98-91ae767e5ee3.png

• Like 3

@Chickadee

Usually I force myself to "let it go" and not respond when liberal relatives post irritating political things on Facebook, although I do find myself thinking of all kinds of responses throughout the day. I have had to "hide" one nephew who is particularly irritating (to me), and that has made life better. Isn't it a shame?

• Like 3

Why are police officers quick to respond to potential threats on their lives?

Here's one example from last week that occurred about 3 miles from our home.

WRAL

156082-agallardo-640x360.jpg

14234239-1417452263-646x485.jpg

Raleigh, N.C. — A man accused of shooting at a Wake County sheriff's deputy during a high-speed chase remained behind bars Tuesday afternoon...

Alexander Oregon Gallardo, 18, of 2008 W. Millbrook Road was in the Wake County Detention Center under a $3.9 million secured bond on felony charges of attempted murder, possession of a stolen vehicle, assault with a firearm on a law enforcement officer, discharging a weapon into a moving vehicle and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Investigators say Gallardo shot at Deputy Unberto Espinoza who tried to stop a stolen car that was speeding...

Sheriff Donnie Harrison said Monday that Gallardo, during the chase, fired a bullet into Espinoza's windshield, hitting a radar device mounted just left of the steering wheel.

Alexander Gallardo, according to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, is an absconder from probation – a sentence stemming from a February 2013 conviction of charges of breaking and entering and larceny. An immigration detainer was not included with his arrest records, and the immigration statuses of Froilan Gallardo and Lydia Gallardo were not immediately clear Tuesday.
Scissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.pngScissors-32x32.png

• Like 3

righteousmomma

poty-2014.jpg

Remember when Time Used to matter?

I do remember. Subscribed to it for years. Now I pay no attention to it at all.

ditto

My parents had a subscription to Time and Life. I still have some of those because of the historical significance of the cover stories.

• Like 2

Tom Coburn’s Stirring Message to Fellow Senators, in 90 Seconds

In an emotional farewell address, Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., today encouraged fellow lawmakers to heed their oath of office, saying it doesn’t include securing goodies for their home states.

• Like 1

Tom Coburn’s Stirring Message to Fellow Senators, in 90 Seconds

In an emotional farewell address, Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., today encouraged fellow lawmakers to heed their oath of office, saying it doesn’t include securing goodies for their home states.

FYI

The Whole Speech

STUPID.jpg

You are a very bad person...I hope you know that....BTW you are 3 months behind in your dues to ABC (American Bad peoples Club)

From Our....dry.png Friends(?) at DU/Mother Jones

Dozens of Congressional Staffers Just Walked Out of Their Jobs. This Powerful Picture Shows Why.

B4mmUQMIAAEEmyL.png

pangaia (3,211 posts) Response to pinboy3niner (Reply #19)

23. Where are all the 'white folks?'

dylan.gif

Don't they realize that EVERYONE is hurt by what has been going on?
  • Like 1

Thoughts from the ammo line

Scott Johnson

December 12, 2014

Ammo Grrrll returns with a very special welcome: WELCOME TO PLANET DIVERSITY: AS SEEN ON TV! She writes:

We didn’t get T.V. until I was 12, and except for sports, I just never really took to it. Mr. Ammo Grrrll makes up for it, though. Either the T.V. is on or he’s not home. Oh, some programming is decent; but, I find most commercials since the retirement of the E-Trade babies unbearable. And would die happy if I never heard about erectile dysfunction again. Or puzzled over the bizarre outdoor twin bathtubs. What part of that looks sexy? Do they have bunkbeds, too?

When I was a kid, a deodorant commercial couldn’t even show the human armpit, which was considered unseemly. They showed statues, specifically, the Venus de Milo, who didn’t have arms, much less an offensive odor. Now there’s a blonde British babe prattling on about how erectile dysfunction happens to all men sometimes when they’re with their “honey.”

During the World Series, I saw a commercial featuring a young black homeowner who was extremely fond of his Dodge Dart. His neighbor, a cretinous white guy, kept trying to scratch his lovely new car with garden tools. The jerk’s motivation for this is a mystery. My African-American neighbor owns a nice Mercedes. Should I approach his car with a leaf-blower or pruning tool, I would expect to get shot. And deserve it. He is retired military.

(Snip)

• Like 1