Coffee Shop

Rheo

@Pepper! From the link:

The cycle of confusing Morgan Freeman for other people, however, will likely continue.

I've confused him with a rational human being before....based on his Progtardian views.....but he's mostly a great actor....

• Like 1

My Daddy always said, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Finally, I have something nice to say about Mooochele. She wore a dress that was appropriate AND flattering. On the world stage, of course, this is of supreme importance.

President-and-First-Lady-Michelle-Obama1

• Like 3

Jon Stewart's Zionist Takeover of Egypt
Jeffrey Goldberg
Dec 23, 2013

And the winner of the annual “Most Convoluted Conspiracy Theory to Emerge from the Egyptian Fever Swamp” prize is the writer Amr Ammar, who alleged earlier this month on Tahrir TV that talk-show host Jon Stewart, working in tandem with former U.S. National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski, is asserting dominion over Egypt on behalf of the Jews. Or something like that -- the nature of Egyptian conspiracy theories (a subject that has interested me for a long time) is such that they are often not explicable, even on their own terms.

This particularly ripe theory has its roots in a visit earlier this year to Cairo by Stewart, who made an appearance on the satirist Bassem Youssef’s show. (Stewart has been famously supportive of Youssef, who is loathed in Cairo by the type of people whose loathing a satirist would seek.) On Youssef’s show, Stewart joked that, while on a temporary hiatus from his own show, he had become somewhat aimless. “As you know, my people like to wander the desert,” he said. “It’s been two weeks. I’ve got 50 weeks and 38 years left.” This was an historic moment -- an inside Jewish joke (of the non-anti-Semitic variety) made before a live Egyptian studio audience, which laughed, at least a little.

Cut now to a Tahrir TV interview with Ammar, who, in the course of arguing that Youssef is undermining Egypt (a common charge among revanchists), alleged that Youssef has learned theories of mass social control from Brzezinski, who is the source of Jon Stewart’s “ideology.”

According to a translation done by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Ammar described Stewart as Youssef’s “spiritual father.” Brzezinski “said that millions of people can be mobilized by what he called a fad, using the new media, technology, conventional media, and so on, thus giving rise to an attractive and charismatic personality. All those millions of people will be influenced by that personality.”

(Snip)

ohmy.png Who Knew!!!

Cloyd Rivers ‏@CloydRivers 9m

Better watch out, Better not cry. Better not pout, I'm tellin' you why. You're 10 years old and have an iPhone, you little s^#@. Merica.

• Like 2

Pour me a Wassail

And lets sing a carol called Gloucestershire Wassail

Wassail! wassail! all over the town,
Our toast it is white and our ale it is brown;
Our bowl it is made of the white maple tree;
With the wassailing bowl, we'll drink to thee.

Merry Christmas all you TRR members cool.png ops and "guest" blush.png

The Obama's "Holiday" greeting was delivered this morning.... of course it was recorded last week before they left on vacation.

Holiday wishes from Progtardia:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

Via iOTW http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=218509

Holiday wishes from the real world:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Via IJReview http://www.ijreview.com/2013/12/103977-hilarious-appropriate-merry-christmas-wish-democrats-merry-christmas-wish-republicans/

Sarah Palin commented that when Linus said the words, "Fear not..." he dropped his security blanket, since he realized the true source of security in this world.

The 2013 Darwin Awards

And The Winner is.......!

cue the trumpet fanfare

1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

(Snip)

6.. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer $15. [if someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

(Snip)

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor homes sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh hed ever had and the perp had been punished enough!

They walk among us, they can reproduce.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS (That is if you live in NC like we do!)

WRAL

cartoon-possum-10.gif

State gives green light to annual Possum Drop

Brasstown, N.C. The organizer of the annual Possum Drop in the North Carolina mountains has been given a permit by a state agency to lower a live possum in a clear box as part of his New Year's Eve celebrations.

Clay Logan plans to gently lower in animal in the box at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year as part of his annual Possum Drop celebration at his Brasstown store. He started his tradition two decades ago.

The Wildlife Resources Commission granted a permit to Logan on Friday to capture a possum. Logan said the animal is treated well, then released after the event.

Scissors-32x32.png

"PETA said its lawyers will be back at the courthouse Monday asking to stop this year's event."

why am I not surprised?

My first thought is "why?" I mean, I don't agree with PETA here, but really? Why? Tradition for traditions sake is some what vapid...

My second thought is maybe we can get Miley Cyrus freed from her act by contacting PETA and letting them know there is some kind of wild animal stuck on a wrecking ball.

• Like 1

The 2013 Darwin Awards

And The Winner is.......!

cue the trumpet fanfare

1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

(Snip)

6.. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer $15. [if someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

(Snip)

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor homes sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh hed ever had and the perp had been punished enough!

They walk among us, they can reproduce.

I loved this year's winners. Laughed my head off. Then felt slightly guilty. Then laughed again.

• Like 2