Coffee Shop

Rheo

Stupid Question Time.

Given that it is now legal to possess and use marijuana in Colorado, I have a question.

How does a person/business legally transport marijuana into Colorado?

Stupid Question Time.

Given that it is now legal to possess and use marijuana in Colorado, I have a question.

I think it's being grown in-state.

Oh -- sorry. Repeat answer.

Edited by nickydog

I was under the impression it was all being grown in-state.

Stupid Question Time.

Thanks.

I was under the impression it was all being grown in-state.

Stupid Question Time.

Thanks.

I saw on last night's local news broadcast.....that they are planning on interdiction of MJ entering or leaving Colorado. It is a matter of taxation now.....or the attempt to circumvent....and the State Patrol & CBI have jurisdiction over the entire state.

They have MJ "tours" right now.....you get the flight....the hotel....the bus, or limo.....and the high time....all in one package. They may try to shut that down, but it said there are a lot of "professionals" [doctors, lawyers, business CEO,s?] that have "pre-booked" or already are on the tour.

Valin

Anything more definitive as to what caused the fire/explosion in the Minnesota apartment building? I read that two people died in the fire. Haven't seen what caused it except for suspicion of a gas leak.

And in other local North Carolina news..... DHHS mailed nearly 49,000 Medicaid cards to wrong people

WRAL

DHHS mailed nearly 49,000 Medicaid cards to wrong people

Raleigh, N.C. — The state Department of Health and Human Services mailed nearly 49,000 Medicaid cards to the wrong people, the agency announced Friday evening. The cards show the child's name, Medicaid ID number, date of birth and primary care physician.

DHHS was trying to issue new cards to 70,253 children who were switched from the N.C. Health Choice program to Medicaid due to new eligibility rules. But more than half of the cards – 48,752 – went to the wrong Medicaid recipients.

"The Department has begun a careful review of this incident to determine how it occurred and to ensure personal information is protected,"

Scissors-32x32.png

Valin

Anything more definitive as to what caused the fire/explosion in the Minnesota apartment building? I read that two people died in the fire. Haven't seen what caused it except for suspicion of a gas leak.

Everyone accounted for after Minneapolis fire, officials say

(Snip)

Natural gas cause debated

On Thursday investigators and CenterPoint Energy differed over whether natural gas was a potential cause of the explosion that sparked the fire.

Fire Chief John Fruetel said investigators were focusing on natural gas as a likely cause of the explosion that ignited the fire in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood, although he said that weeks of investigation likely will be required to determine the cause.

However, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy strongly discounted gas as the culprit.

We had no natural gas in the area, said Rebecca Virden, who based her assertion on the utilitys investigation and testing in the area. If the blast were due to were natural gas, Virden added, the roof would come off, the walls would come out.

If a gas were involved, she said, it could be a different type of gas.

Asked about CenterPoints denial, Fruetel said, Im just basing it on what my investigators say.

He said that witness accounts of a natural gas smell and the type of explosion suggest gas was involved. He said that investigators early on ruled out an explosive device, despite the presence of Department of Homeland Security personnel on Wednesday.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

They will probably have a definite cause soon.

Back in the day, I was involved in the distribution of chemical & agricultural products right at that building.

Jang's execution bodes ill for China

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/china/story/jangs-execution-bodes-ill-china-20131224

By Ching Cheong, Senior Writer

THE execution of Jang Song Thaek, the No. 2 man in North Korea, took Beijing by surprise and will adversely affect bilateral relations.

Beijing's displeasure is expressed through the publication of a detailed account of Jang's brutal execution in Wen Wei Po, its official mouthpiece, in Hong Kong, on Dec 12.

According to the report, unlike previous executions of political prisoners which were carried out by firing squads with machine guns, Jang was stripped naked and thrown into a cage, along with his five closest aides. Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called "quan jue", or execution by dogs.

The report said the entire process lasted for an hour, with Mr Kim Jong Un, the supreme leader in North Korea, supervising it along with 300 senior officials.

The horrifying report vividly depicted the brutality of the young North Korean leader. The fact that it appeared in a Beijing- controlled newspaper showed that China no longer cares about its relations with the Kim regime.

Two days later, the Global Times, associated with the People's Daily, a Chinese Communist Party organ, followed up with a sternly worded editorial saying that the abrupt political change epitomised the backwardness of the North Korean political system. It warned the Chinese government not to coddle North Korea any longer, saying that the majority of Chinese were extremely disgusted with the Kim regime.

Scissors-32x32.png

OMGosh.........Dogs?

That is Un Brutal SOB......and he just cut off his lifeline.

• Like 1

Mexican Cartels Target The South

The Mexican drug cartels have become entrenched in the South including Alamance County, NC as reported by Stephanie Ando for WGHP: "over the years, they’ve left a trail of drugs, money and homicides in Alamance County, which is why the area has been classified by the federal government as one of the 28 High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas in the country."

(Snip)

Vid at Link

Jang's execution bodes ill for China

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/china/story/jangs-execution-bodes-ill-china-20131224

By Ching Cheong, Senior Writer

THE execution of Jang Song Thaek, the No. 2 man in North Korea, took Beijing by surprise and will adversely affect bilateral relations.

Beijing's displeasure is expressed through the publication of a detailed account of Jang's brutal execution in Wen Wei Po, its official mouthpiece, in Hong Kong, on Dec 12.

According to the report, unlike previous executions of political prisoners which were carried out by firing squads with machine guns, Jang was stripped naked and thrown into a cage, along with his five closest aides. Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called "quan jue", or execution by dogs.

The report said the entire process lasted for an hour, with Mr Kim Jong Un, the supreme leader in North Korea, supervising it along with 300 senior officials.

The horrifying report vividly depicted the brutality of the young North Korean leader. The fact that it appeared in a Beijing- controlled newspaper showed that China no longer cares about its relations with the Kim regime.

Two days later, the Global Times, associated with the People's Daily, a Chinese Communist Party organ, followed up with a sternly worded editorial saying that the abrupt political change epitomised the backwardness of the North Korean political system. It warned the Chinese government not to coddle North Korea any longer, saying that the majority of Chinese were extremely disgusted with the Kim regime.

Scissors-32x32.png

OMGosh.........Dogs?

That is Un Brutal SOB......and he just cut off his lifeline.

@Valin

Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called "quan jue", or execution by dogs.

• Like 1

New Mayor Vows To Outlaw A Central Park Tradition

The horse drawn carriages are a staple in New York’s Central Park and an almost mandatory destination for the hoards of tourists that visit the city each year.

They have been around for more than 150 years–ever since Central Park first opened in 1858.

But this year, New York’s new mayor Bill DeBlasio is vowing to do away with Central Park’s horse drawn carriages.

He says that the practice is cruel and essentially amounts to animal abuse.

DeBlasio says doing away with this NY tradition will be one of the first changes he makes in office.

Just wow. Not going to be much to live for in NY at this rate.

Phil Everly dies at 74; half of vocal duo the Everly Brothers

The Everlys charted nearly three dozen hits in the late '50s and early '60s, among them 'Bye Bye Love' and 'When Will I Be Loved.' Their harmonies influenced the Beatles and Beach Boys.

Phil Everly, who with his brother, Don, made up the most revered vocal duo of the rock-music era, their exquisite harmonies profoundly influencing the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Byrds and countless younger-generation rock, folk and country singers, has died. He was 74.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-phil-everly-20140104,0,2345470.story#axzz2pQwRVGFQ

Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up.

I guess this could be considered "turn about is fair play". Score one for the dogs this time.

Indianapolis man arrested in police sting - for stealing human brains and auctioning them on eBay

There are many inventive ways of earning a quick buck – but selling brains on eBay is perhaps a little too innovative.

According to US police, an Indianapolis man was arrested on 16 December for stealing more than 60 jars of brain tissue from the Indian Medical History Museum and selling them online.

David Charles, 21, allegedly spent a year repeatedly breaking into the museum to swipe human brains and other preserved tissues from its stores.

The museum holds the remains of about 2,000 patients, who were autopsied between the 1890s and the 1940s in what was then the Central State Hospital, for the treatment of psychiatric and mental health disorders.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/indianapolis-man-arrested-in-police-sting--for-stealing-human-brains-and-auctioning-them-on-ebay-9038090.html

Indianapolis man arrested in police sting - for stealing human brains and auctioning them on eBay

There are many inventive ways of earning a quick buck – but selling brains on eBay is perhaps a little too innovative.

According to US police, an Indianapolis man was arrested on 16 December for stealing more than 60 jars of brain tissue from the Indian Medical History Museum and selling them online.

David Charles, 21, allegedly spent a year repeatedly breaking into the museum to swipe human brains and other preserved tissues from its stores.

The museum holds the remains of about 2,000 patients, who were autopsied between the 1890s and the 1940s in what was then the Central State Hospital, for the treatment of psychiatric and mental health disorders.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/indianapolis-man-arrested-in-police-sting--for-stealing-human-brains-and-auctioning-them-on-ebay-9038090.html