Coffee Shop

Rheo

BREAKING NEWS (That is if you live in NC like we do!)

WRAL

cartoon-possum-10.gif

State gives green light to annual Possum Drop

Brasstown, N.C. — The organizer of the annual Possum Drop in the North Carolina mountains has been given a permit by a state agency to lower a live possum in a clear box as part of his New Year's Eve celebrations.

Clay Logan plans to gently lower in animal in the box at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year as part of his annual Possum Drop celebration at his Brasstown store. He started his tradition two decades ago.

The Wildlife Resources Commission granted a permit to Logan on Friday to capture a possum. Logan said the animal is treated well, then released after the event.

Scissors-32x32.png

BREAKING NEWS (That is if you live in NC like we do!)

WRAL

cartoon-possum-10.gif

State gives green light to annual Possum Drop

Brasstown, N.C. — The organizer of the annual Possum Drop in the North Carolina mountains has been given a permit by a state agency to lower a live possum in a clear box as part of his New Year's Eve celebrations.

Clay Logan plans to gently lower in animal in the box at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year as part of his annual Possum Drop celebration at his Brasstown store. He started his tradition two decades ago.

The Wildlife Resources Commission granted a permit to Logan on Friday to capture a possum. Logan said the animal is treated well, then released after the event.

Scissors-32x32.png

"PETA said its lawyers will be back at the courthouse Monday asking to stop this year's event."

why am I not surprised?

@Valin. When I saw the pic of the Eagle gathering the immediate caption that came to mind was:

"Hey fellas, now that we have some quiet time, I would like to talk to you about insurance" LMFAO.gif

• Like 3

@Valin. When I saw the pic of the Eagle gathering the immediate caption that came to mind was:

"Hey fellas, now that we have some quiet time, I would like to talk to you about insurance" LMFAO.gif

Except for this administration vultures would have been more appropriate than eagles.

"All male dancing was an important clue"

All male dancing was an important clueAll-male dance group stirs controversy in Semmes [ALABAMA] Christmas parade (photos, video)

SEMMES, Alabama -- Minutes before they made the now-controversial strut down the parade route on Wulff Road on Saturday, the Prancing Elites, an all-male dance team from Mobile, stretched and lined up with the other parading groups before they marched.....Scissors-32x32.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA3GA1yxP5

Pajama Eagle?

New calculations suggest the Universe could collapse at any time

allwell.jpg

Remain Calm

c3e7302cb131f24693adc080bd2ba82c.thumb.j

The Finest Minds are even now hard at work.

From the link....

"At any time" in a cosmological sense? Or in a don't bother paying off your credit card sense?

More importantly, does it mean we're all gonna die?

Most of us will, the others will end up in Ft. Dodge Ks.

NRO Slideshow: Government Waste

Sen. Tom Coburn recently unveiled his annual Wastebook, highlighting 100 examples of extravagant, unnecessary, and wasteful government funds, grants, and spending programs. Here are some highlights.

I can't read it for fear of bringing on a really bad headache and ranting to myself for the rest of the day.

NRO Slideshow: Government Waste

Sen. Tom Coburn recently unveiled his annual Wastebook, highlighting 100 examples of extravagant, unnecessary, and wasteful government funds, grants, and spending programs. Here are some highlights.

I can't read it for fear of bringing on a really bad headache and ranting to myself for the rest of the day.

Can't blame ya! The problem is, we have been watching this movie over and over for....decades(?), nothing gets done. wallbash.gif

2013: War by the Numbers

A statistical look back at a violent year

David Axe

The approximate number of people killed this year in the civil war in Syria.

Estimate of Syrian refugees displaced by the fighting, out of a population of 22 million.

Approximate number of Syrian government tanks destroyed by rebels in 2013.

Journalists killed in the line of duty worldwide in 2013.

Journalists killed in Syria this year.

The percentage of Pentagon officials who could locate Damascus on a map, according to one informal survey.

(Snip)