Coffee Shop

Rheo

"Dingy" Harry

Valin... I wonder if that's a soft or hard "g"?

Probably doesn't matter since it works either way.

This horrible story took place in a home about a mile from us. The victim and her husband are both prominent DEM fundraisers and strategists. The man charged with murder was working for our recently defeated DEM US congressman.

The story has received huge media attention. I can imagine a proposal to require only plastic eating and cooking utensils is in the works.

WRAL

No (evil radical terroristic ) Tea Party members involved so it's just a local crime story....nothing to see here...move along.

rolleyes.gif

"Dingy" Harry

Valin... I wonder if that's a soft or hard "g"?

Probably doesn't matter since it works either way.

I could make a....(risque) comment, but that would be wrong. So I leave it to your fertile imagination. smile.png

saveliberty

DC Wins Hypocrisy and Let Them Eat Cake Trifecta! – UPDATE

April 25, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia

Scissors-32x32.png

I am seriously of the opinion that there is not a single office-holder in Washington who deserves either our respect or our trust and yesterday they managed to win the trifecta of utter elitist shamelessness and privilege:

1) Washington DC Airports Spared Sequester Impacts. Our betters mustn’t be made to wait; delays for you but not for them.

Yes!! Way to go, female U.S. sailor!

Obviously this female sailor doesn't have a sufficient appreciation of the Dubain cultural norms. I would say some reeducation is called for. She was probably walking around A. by herself and B. with bare legs and arms...She was just inviting the assault. She may have done this on purpose just to make Dubai look bad....yes I think that's it...it was Americas fault.

Obviously this female sailor doesn't have a sufficient appreciation of the Dubain cultural norms. I would say some reeducation is called for. She was probably walking around A. by herself and B. with bare legs and arms...She was just inviting the assault. She may have done this on purpose just to make Dubai look bad....yes I think that's it...it was Americas fault.

Actually, there could be some truth to that. Not that it was America's fault, but a person does need to be aware of cultural norms and their surroundings in general, whether in this country or anywhere. On the other hand, this woman obviously knew how to protect herself!

Actually, there could be some truth to that. Not that it was America's fault, but a person does need to be aware of cultural norms and their surroundings in general, whether in this country or anywhere. On the other hand, this woman obviously knew how to protect herself!

I'm sorry I don't care where you are a woman walking around not in a burka is NOT a reason for rape. Call me old fashioned, call me culturally insensitive but that's what I believe. As for "The man, known as K S"...I've got a solution for his problem.

If you have gotten the impression that I have very little sympathy or understanding for rapists...you win a cookie.

Too late, @Geee, he's already got two kids.

laugh.png

On the plus side, he's a Buddhist. But probably quite firmly embedded in the Avidyā stage.

Uconn-Huskies-Logo_large-e1366942324954.jpg

This is a symbol of rape...according to U-Conn student Carolyn Luby

Carolyn Oh light of my life....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. May I suggest getting a Life..and quickly.

Good grief.

Hey, n big deal. The Dems have made sure there are plenty of condoms!!!1LMFAO.gifwallbash.gif

Bad news: The Federal Helium Program is not a parody

Mary Katharine Ham

4/26/13

I can’t even anymore.

Please read the Washington Post explain, with one program, every single thing that is wrong with putting the federal government in charge of things. A program that doesn’t now, and probably never, accomplished its initial goal? Check. An expenditure that should have been deemed unnecessary circa 1930 but has nonetheless stuck around beyond the lifespan of most of the Greatest Generation? Check. A function that never had any business being under the purview of the federal government instead of the private sector? Check. A program that has risen, zombie-style from its grave every time someone tries to kill it? Check. A service that crowded out private sector replacements with below-market rates subsidized by taxpayers and then justified its continued existence by complaining the private sector had not jumped to replace it at a loss? Check.

I'm sorry I don't care where you are a woman walking around not in a burka is NOT a reason for rape. Call me old fashioned, call me culturally insensitive but that's what I believe. As for "The man, known as K S"...I've got a solution for his problem.

If you have gotten the impression that I have very little sympathy or understanding for rapists...you win a cookie.

Ditto, of course! And then there's the story of the little 5-year old girl in India. Words fail.

Ditto, of course! And then there's the story of the little 5-year old girl in India. Words fail.

I have words! Several of them in fact. None of which are suitable for polite company.

SrWoodchuck

Awesome: Hostess To Reopen For Business… Minus Union Workers Who Drove Company Into Bankruptcy…

The bankrupt assets of Hostess Brands, Inc., the company responsible for Twinkies, Ho Ho’s, Sno Balls and Ding Dongs, are being put back to work by a buyout firm. What’s not being put back to work are the former Hostess unionized employees.

The unionized workers had been on strike when the company folded late last year.

The company had imposed a contract that would cut its 19,000 workers’ wages — 15,000 of whom belonged to the workers from the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) — by 8 percent. (The Teamsters was Hostess’ largest union, followed by BCTGM.) The contract would have also cut benefits by 27 to 32 percent.

Hostess filed for Chapter 11 in January 2012. In November 2012, the company announced it would be shutting its doors for good. By that time, it had lost about $1.1 billion, largely due to bankruptcy filings.

But last month Apollo Global Management, LLC, and Metropoulos & Co., which owns Pabst Blue Ribbon and Vlasic pickles, bought the 83-year-old company for $410 million, renaming it Hostess Brands LLC. Scissors-32x32.png

According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, C. Dean Metropoulos, the company’s chief executive, said that between now and September, he plans to inject $60 million in capital investments into the plants, and hopes to hire at least 1,500 workers.

But those workers won’t be unionized.Scissors-32x32.png

ABCNews via WeaselZippers