Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

John O. Brennan. converted to Islam? And if he did want does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

I would also add this...

Muslim Advocacy Group: There's No Evidence That John Brennan Converted to Islam

Steven Nelson

February 12, 2013

Former FBI agent John Guandolo incited an Internet buzz this week by accusing John Brennan, President Barack Obama's nominee to lead the CIA, of secretly converting to Islam while working as the CIA station chief in Saudi Arabia from 1996 to 1999.

Guandolo's evidence was scant—largely that Brennan said during a public address that he "marveled at the majesty of the Hajj," something Guandolo says only could be done as a Muslim inside Mecca, a city that is off-limits to non-Muslims.

World Net Daily—a website that specializes in reporting on conspiracy theories—took notice of the interview, followed by more mainstream publications and blogs, including The Daily Mail, Al Arabiya, Salon, and The Blaze.

Ibrahim Hooper, the communications director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told U.S. News that he has no knowledge of Brennan converting to Islam.

In fact, Hooper pointed out, his group opposes Brennan's nomination, largely because of his role in operating the CIA drone program that targets terrorists but has also killed civilians.

(Snip)

There is a very good reason why it is called World Nut Daily.

It's tiring to keep reading your contempt of Robert Spencer & Pamela Geller. Just because they don't fit your cerebral definition of correct thinking, does not mean they do not have people that admire them & their message. Their message may come from a personal & parochial view.....survival of Jews in the world, and loss of our values as an American Republic, but it is a view shared by many of the messy.....less astute....citizens that populate this country.

I get tired of people espousing their simplistic view of who the enemy is, and making it sound as if everything they say and write has been written in stone and come down from the mountain.

Hey, Valin......I didn't get it from World Nut Daily, as I've already been educated that some here can't accept any information from that website...

John Brennan converted to Islam http://muslim-academy.com/john-brennan-converted-to-islam/

John Brennan, the one that was nominated to be the new Central Investigation Chief (CIA) by the US president Barrack Obama, is believed to be a Muslim.

It is said that John Brennan converted to Islam while he was working in Saudi Arabia in the early 1990s. This news had shocked many, and others were not ready to accept the fact that John Brennan has converted to Islam. Brennan is currently a CIA veteran. One of the old posts he held while serving the United States of America is the deputy national security advisor for homeland security and counter-terrorism.

John Guandolo, an FBI agent, who retired a few years ago claimed that John Brennan visited holy cities of Islam like El-Madina and Mecca with certain Saudi officials who might have influenced him. Moreover, he claimed that Brennan was “unfit” to be nominated as the chief of CIA. He added it was just not him who witnessed Brennan converting to Islam. In fact, there were many other FBI and CIA agents in Saudi Arabia, who witnessed his conversion to Islam.

Moreover, he had developed good relationships with the people who were working for the Saudi Officials, and they were some of those people who witnessed his conversion to Islam.Scissors-32x32.png

Answer me this......are infidels allowed to visit their holy sites....or even be in their holy city?

And if he did want does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Really? Does proper perception have anything at all to do with being able to combat terrorism?"

Quotes from Brennan: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/07/controversial-comments-by-cia-director-nominee-john-brennan/

Scissors-32x32.png

May 26, 2010:

During a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, called jihad a "legitimate tenet of Islam."

Brennan argued that it would be "counterproductive" for the United States to use the term, as it would "play into the false perception" that the "murderers" leading war against the West are doing so in the name of a "holy cause." Scissors-32x32.png

Feb. 13, 2010:

During a speech in New York, Brennan referred to Jerusalem by its Arabic name, Al-Quds.

"In all my travels the city I have come to love most is al-Quds, Jerusalem, where three great faiths come together," he said.

Scissors-32x32.png

Feb. 13, 2010:

In the same speech, Brennan defended a 20 percent recidivism rate among Guantanamo detainees.

"People sometimes use that figure, 20 percent, say 'Oh my goodness, one out of five detainees returned to some type of extremist activity,'" Brennan said. "You know, the American penal system, the recidivism rate is up to something about 50 percent or so, as far as return to crime. Twenty percent isn't that bad."

Scissors-32x32.png

You quote this guy from CAIR....and bitch about me using WND?

Ibrahim Hooper, the communications director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told U.S. News that he has no knowledge of Brennan converting to Islam.

I guess we'll just dismiss Hooper's taqiyya......right? [ Taqiyya (تقي), also spelt Taqiya / Tuqya / Taqqiyah, is known as lying for Islam.]

I get tired of people espousing their simplistic view of who the enemy is, and making it sound as if everything they say and write has been written in stone and come down from the mountain.

I'm not telling you what to believe, although I thought you were above using ad hominem repostes. I don't think we should exclude people that say things that don't exactly agree with our own views.....if there is even a grain of truth in what they say. Do you think the Boston dead & injured would care about the "simplistic view of who the enemy is" if it meant that the FBI & CIA didn't bend backwards for Islam? It's enough that our president bends forward.

• Like 1

Bombing survivor who lost foot: Dance is my life

Dance instructor Adrianne Haslet-Davis lost her foot in the Boston marathon bombing but is determined to move forward. She and her husband, Air Force Capt. Adam Davis, told Anderson Cooper what happened to them immediately following the blast, and why they're so optimistic about overcoming the challenges of Adrianne's amputation.

The 32-year-old, who crawled on her elbows to find safety after the explosions, discovered her foot was gone after she awoke from surgery and told her mother that her foot felt numb. She said it was difficult to hear that she was experiencing phantom pains because she no longer had a foot on her left leg.

Over the past week she's processed the horror of that day and the devastating effects, but is determined to dance again. Adrianne has also said she's interested in participating in the marathon next year.

"I don't want this to be the end. So whether it's, you know, running the marathon or walking the marathon or crawling the marathon and being the last one across. I'm OK with that ... But I am defiant and I want to come out stronger," she said.

Awesome.

Dances with the Stars just profiled her. Didn't catch if she was going to be a guest sometime in the future.

@SrWoodchuck

Say John Brennan did convert to Islam (evidently a secret Muslim rolleyes.gif ) the question is...so? So what? This gets us dangerously close to Birtherism...IMO.

@Geee

Shouting someone down? How so? My point is was and will continue to be, waaaay to many people, both Left & Right Don't really know what they are talking about. On the Left even mentioning the words Islam or Muslims in a negative way, pointing out the fact that they have some real major substantive problems you will (as I was at CGP) called a hateful hater who hates. On the right, if you mention anything positive about Islam or Muslims you will (as I was at TOS) called a traitor or a Dhimmi.

Now I could be wrong but it sure doesn't look like SrWoodchuck is being "shouted down".

@SrWoodchuck

Say John Brennan did convert to Islam (evidently a secret Muslim rolleyes.gif ) the question is...so? So what? This gets us dangerously close to Birtherism...IMO.

@Geee

Shouting someone down? How so? My point is was and will continue to be, waaaay to many people, both Left & Right Don't really know what they are talking about. On the Left even mentioning the words Islam or Muslims in a negative way, pointing out the fact that they have some real major substantive problems you will (as I was at CGP) called a hateful hater who hates. On the right, if you mention anything positive about Islam or Muslims you will (as I was at TOS) called a traitor or a Dhimmi.

Now I could be wrong but it sure doesn't look like SrWoodchuck is being "shouted down".

One has to be careful about how you 'disagree' with someone in print vs. speaking to them. It can sound nasty without meaning to. And I'm sure you don't want to sound nasty - knowing what a kindhearted and benevolent guy you arewink.pngtongue.png

@SrWoodchuck

@Geee

One has to be careful about how you 'disagree' with someone in print vs. speaking to them. It can sound nasty without meaning to. And I'm sure you don't want to sound nasty - knowing what a kindhearted and benevolent guy you arewink.pngtongue.png

Actually I don't. When/If I do get mean and nasty...trust me you'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt. Remember I am a alumni of TOS. evil1.gif

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

@Geee

OK. I'm surprised that a thinking person such as yourself, has not considered that Brennan's conversion & subsequent ridiculously Islamic-partisan statements, might....for even a little bit...have affected his ability to make judgements that also affect 290,000,000 other American citizens that are not Muslims. The fact that he's part of an administration that has successfully ended Al Qaeda....and established close & peaceful relations with all those super Arab Springer's.

I reject your extremely narrow, intellectually biased approach to Islam & Jihad. Only a political dilettante could insist that your way is the only effective way of understanding & dealing with problems pertaining to Islamic jihad.....and I know that you're not one of those @Valin. In your insistence that only you have the correct approach & bloodless interpretation of all things Islamic & "Obirther"...you inhibit the free expression of ideas & concepts that may have as much merit as your carefully reasoned & set-in-concrete concepts. Flesh, blood & emotion have no purpose in your dry espousements. I have honest gut feelings about Muslim terrorists [such as the brothers Tsarnaev] .....as well as the basic dishonesty & corruption involved in Obama's birth, schooling, citizenship & rise to power. I'm not alone in those feelings. This is not TOS....as far as I know...so please allow some other opinions, [without scorn] besides yours.

Oh....and check out how unreasonable Michael Coren & Robert Spencer are: Robert Spencer – Media Denial on Jihad

clearvision

Weiner worried more textees will come forward....

And in an interview with Dave Evans on WABC-TV, Weiner dodged a question about how many women he'd sent inappropriate texts to.

When asked if it was six, he laughed nervously and shrugged.

“Six is …” he said, before pausing. “It’s not 20 and it’s not 100.”

“I did it, with more than one person. It was wrong. I was doing it for some time, and I’m glad it’s behind me.”

saveliberty

Elizabeth Scalia has published a book about the First Commandment called "Strange gods".

There is a lively interview with her here.

He listened to the girl on GPS. Then to me, for 200 miles…”

April 24, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia 1 Comment

shutterstock_61204000_GPS-300x200.jpg

I totally forgot that while taping this interview with Tony Rossi, I had completely revealed myself to be the harridan I try to hide from you, on a daily basis. It’s here at about 5:10 into the chat.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Interesting details.....Boston bombers used Phantom Fireworks' largest & loudest mortar & shell kit.....and got it @ buy 1/get 1! Plus it was the same store that failed NY bomber bought his fireworks.

Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev bought three pounds of black powder from N.H. fireworks store

http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2RO63OdRF

Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev walked into a New Hampshire fireworks store two months before his deadly attack and asked for the “biggest and loudest” kit — then got another set for free, the Daily News has learned.

In a chilling twist, the company that sold Tamerlan the fireworks is the same one that sold Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad the firecrackers he used to build his failed car bomb.

The fireworks Tsarnaev bought contained about 3 pounds of black powder — enough, experts say, to build one of the two pressure-cooker bombs he triggered at the Boston Marathon on April 15.

“We were just shocked,” said Bill Weimer, vice president of Phantom Fireworks in Seabrook, N.H. “After our Times Square experience, we said, ‘It can’t happen twice.’ ”

saveliberty

Calling @Rheo

George W. Bush is smarter than you

ico-time.png?m=1340926861g24 April 2013 by Keith Hennessey

Scissors-32x32.png

The new George W. Bush Presidential Center is being dedicated this week. This seems like a good time to bust a longstanding myth about our former President, my former boss.

I teach a class at Stanford Business School titled “Financial Crises in the U.S. and Europe.” During one class session while explaining the events of September 2008, I kept referring to the efforts of the threesome of Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke, and Tim Geithner, who were joined at the hip in dealing with firm-specific problems as they arose.

One of my students asked “How involved was President Bush with what was going on?” I smiled and responded, “What you really mean is, ‘Was President Bush smart enough to understand what was going on,’ right?”

The class went dead silent. Everyone knew that this was the true meaning of the question. Kudos to that student for asking the hard question and for framing it so politely. I had stripped away that decorum and exposed the raw nerve.

H/T Hot Air

• Like 3

Elizabeth Scalia has published a book about the First Commandment called "Strange gods".

There is a lively interview with her here.

He listened to the girl on GPS. Then to me, for 200 miles…”

April 24, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia 1 Comment

shutterstock_61204000_GPS-300x200.jpg

I totally forgot that while taping this interview with Tony Rossi, I had completely revealed myself to be the harridan I try to hide from you, on a daily basis. It’s here at about 5:10 into the chat.

The Net as an Idol....OUCH...that's striking pretty close to home.

Strange Gods: Unmasking the Idols in Everyday Life

Product Details

Paperback: 192 pages

Publisher: Ave Maria Press (May 6, 2013)

• Like 1

Social Media and the Boston Attack: The Good, the Bad, and the Confused

Helle Dale

April 24, 2013

Reddit, the website that styles itself the Internet’s front page, apologized yesterday to the people hurt by its overhasty attempts to capture the Boston bombers last week.

Administrators are publically regretting the “online witch hunts” caused by overeager armchair investigators across the Internet. In this, clearly, lies a cautionary tale.

(Snip)

Social media definitely had a role to play in shedding light on the terrorist attack on the Boston Marathon. However, the picture is a mixed one. Social media provide masses of shared information and with lightning speed, but its weakness is the limited human capacity to process it correctly. For that you have to have tools and training.

(Snip)

At the same time, though, volunteer websites that jumped in to try to help solve the crime got it wrong more than they got it right. Sites such as Reddit, 4Chan, and Twitter compiled slideshows of suspicious characters with backpacks and baseball caps, of which needless to say there were many at an event with 23,000 runners, as pointed out by The Washington Times.

When it comes to a real-time crime investigation, there is clearly no substitute for the professionals.

Wouldn't you know that Bill Clintons speech at the Bush Library dedication would be all about him and that Obama would get political, pushing his agenda as Bush's. I was again saddened to see how frail his father is and surprised at how flattering Carter's speech was to Bush.

Wouldn't you know that Bill Clintons speech at the Bush Library dedication would be all about him and that Obama would get political, pushing his agenda as Bush's. I was again saddened to see how frail his father is and surprised at how flattering Carter's speech was to Bush.

Wouldn't you know, indeed. They at least didn't offer any surprises, but stayed true to their usual mode of operation. I tuned in toward the end of Clinton's speech but it was enough to get the tone. Just thankful Obama didn't talk long. Just as I was ready to push the mute button he was winding down. I'm glad they had such a nice day.

Wouldn't you know, indeed. They at least didn't offer any surprises, but stayed true to their usual mode of operation. I tuned in toward the end of Clinton's speech but it was enough to get the tone. Just thankful Obama didn't talk long. Just as I was ready to push the mute button he was winding down. I'm glad they had such a nice day.

And I missed Bubba! Now I feel real real bad. sniff sniff sad.png

*DFL does Dumb and Dumber with taxes

Gary Gross

4/25/13

At the start of this session, I said that the DFL would sail through because Alida Messinger would give them their marching orders. When Gov. Dayton introduced his bill, businesses far and wide criticized it for imposing a sales tax on transactions between businesses and lawyers, accountants and other service providers. When the House DFL introduced their tax bill, it was criticized for imposing a gigantic, disastrous income tax increase, raising the top income tax rate from 7.85% to 12.49%. It’s difficult to imagine how the Senate DFL’s tax bill could be worse.

Difficult but no longer impossible:

Democrats in the state Senate released a plan today that increases income taxes on wealthiest 6 percent of Minnesotans, raises the sales tax on clothing and services, and increases the cigarette tax.

Republicans don’t like it and even some Democrats in competitive districts are uneasy about the taxes and spending. But DFL leaders say the $1.8 billion dollar tax increase is needed to erase the state’s budget deficit and increase spending for schools and property tax relief.

(Snip)

* Democrat Farmer Labor...or Dumb F...ing Liberals.

This horrible story took place in a home about a mile from us. The victim and her husband are both prominent DEM fundraisers and strategists. The man charged with murder was working for our recently defeated DEM US congressman.

The story has received huge media attention. I can imagine a proposal to require only plastic eating and cooking utensils is in the works.

WRAL