Coffee Shop

Rheo

Too many possibilities and questions.

I'm more worried about falling down the stairs while carrying the laundry basket.

I would highly recommend getting a minion or if you can afford it a lackey. You might look on E-Bay

Obama presser at 10:15

Ed Morrissey

What might be the topic that actually prompted Barack Obama to make a rare appearance at an open presser? Perhaps he wants to try his stand-up routine from the White House Correspondents Dinner on the daytime TV crowd. More likely, Obama wants to push his budget priorities and push back against the sequester — the same as when he last held an open presser, on March 1st:

(Snip)

Part of this sudden desire to talk has to be the sudden criticism from fellow Democrats that Obama once again gave away his leverage on the sequester, this time with his signature on the FAA funding fix:

(Snip)

Michelle Malkin

#QuestionsObamaWontAnswer Why do you ignore the racist, eugenics-rooted agenda of Planned Parenthood? Have you phoned #Gosnell 's victims?

8:16 AM - 30 Apr 2013

When asked about second term failures, President Barack Obama responded by saying, "Maybe I should just pack up and go home. Golly."

Best idea of his whole time in office!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrin.png

• Like 1

When asked about second term failures, President Barack Obama responded by saying, "Maybe I should just pack up and go home. Golly."

Best idea of his whole time in office!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrin.png

Ya know...that works for me.

OTOH that would leave Slo Joe in charge.....not real sure that could be considered an improvement.

I've got an idea! (I tell I often astound myself) how about....they both go home and we move down to #3 on the list?

Although the 100%ers would have a fit...but being as they are always having a fit about one thing or another, no one would really notice.

The Tragedy of Mark Sanford
Kyle Peterson
He’s good. Very good. Oh, what might’ve been.

Mark Sanford acts as if he enjoys the fight.

He stood on a small stage Monday night across from his electoral rival in the race to represent South Carolina’s 1st District in Congress, and he waited for the hammer — the inevitable question about his…dalliance — to drop. But his nerves did not betray him. He was clear and precise. He spoke casually in an easy drawl, never forgetting to smile, never letting his opponent under his skin.

Mark Sanford is good. Very good.

(Snip)

The idea of redemption, of second chances, is woven into the fabric of Sanford’s campaign. But voters will only extend forgiveness up to a certain line. One week from today, we’ll find out on which side of that line Sanford stands.

For me its not a question of forgiveness.....its a question of political intelligence. How dumb do you have to be to break into you ex wives home and violate a restraining order in the middle of a campaign, when you are asking the voters to forgive you for cheating on your wife. I'd have to say pretty damn stupid.

saveliberty

Elizabeth Scalia has published a book about the First Commandment called "Strange gods".

There is a lively interview with her here.

He listened to the girl on GPS. Then to me, for 200 miles…"

April 24, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia 1 Comment

shutterstock_61204000_GPS-300x200.jpg

I totally forgot that while taping this interview with Tony Rossi, I had completely revealed myself to be the harridan I try to hide from you, on a daily basis. It's here at about 5:10 into the chat.

The Net as an Idol....OUCH...that's striking pretty close to home.

Strange Gods: Unmasking the Idols in Everyday Life

Product Details

Paperback: 192 pages

Publisher: Ave Maria Press (May 6, 2013)

@Valin, I received the book yesterday - it came out a week earlier. The introduction is powerful; I am looking forward to reading the whole thing.

Meanwhile, the author is interviewed here:

http://catholicweekend.sqpn.com/2013/04/27/cw170-everyday-idols-unmasked/

saveliberty

Golly, this word, “Idol” is coming up a lot! – UPDATED

April 30, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia Leave a Comment

Scissors-32x32.png

I wonder if the Holy Spirit is trying to tell us something..

Pope Francis has been talking about idols lately, and now we see the word creep into a secular headline: Book: Obama surrounds self with ‘idolizers,’ plots legacy with scholars.

ObamaHalo1-297x300.jpg

A revealing new book from one of the media’s longest serving White House correspondents reports that President Obama surrounds himself only with “idolizers,” and top aides make sure that those whose view might “shake him up too much” are shoved aside.

@saveliberty

You Tube Here.

This looks like kind of a neat site. This whole Google Hangout format is becoming quite a hit.

Not sure if I should spend any time there...after all we heretics can't be to careful. tongue.png

• Like 2

Golly, this word, “Idol” is coming up a lot! – UPDATED

April 30, 2013 By Elizabeth Scalia Leave a Comment

Scissors-32x32.png

I wonder if the Holy Spirit is trying to tell us something..

Pope Francis has been talking about idols lately, and now we see the word creep into a secular headline: Book: Obama surrounds self with ‘idolizers,’ plots legacy with scholars.

ObamaHalo1-297x300.jpg

A revealing new book from one of the media’s longest serving White House correspondents reports that President Obama surrounds himself only with “idolizers,” and top aides make sure that those whose view might “shake him up too much” are shoved aside.

Plot your legacy!!! Shades of Bubba. I've got his legacy...One of the two worst Presidents in modern American history.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/the-wonderful-tear-jerking-story-of-xena-the-warrior-puppy

Months after being left for dead by the side of the road, a "miracle dog" named Xena the Warrior Puppy is changing the life of an 8-year-old boy with autism.

enhanced-buzz-24484-1367252374-5.jpg

Source: facebook.com

Up until two months ago, Jonny Hickey was a solitary and quiet child. Diagnosed with autism, he had difficulty forming connections with other people and would isolate himself, rarely speaking, even to family members.

Then, in February, the Hickeys adopted a rescue dog who immediately became attached to the youngest member of the family. Jonny's friendship with Xena the Warrior Puppy brought him out of his shell — he began to talk, sing, and take a greater interest in the world around him. "He is the happiest child that I've ever seen him be in eight years," his mother Linda told the Today show.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1