(Live Convention Thread thru Tues night) Why This Year’s GOP Convention Will Be Historic

Draggingtree

Cruz, is good. Does he have the new Google Contacts with teleprompter interface installed? He has worked hard on this speech.

• Like 2

Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending CancelShuster-Current-bio_normal.jpgDavid Shuster@DavidShuster 1h

GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying "This is how we feed animals." @TakeActionNews #TAN

More proof that someone can be a Republican and dumber than dirt at the same time.

Care to make a bet of what the talk will be in the morning?

pollyannaish

Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending CancelShuster-Current-bio_normal.jpgDavid Shuster@DavidShuster 1h

GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying "This is how we feed animals." @TakeActionNews #TAN

What? Really? That's horrific.

Edited to add: Pretty sure that's not a GOPer.

No, it's a set up, not horrific.

It's horrific because of the set up, not because it was real. Sorry for not being more clear.

He is first speaker to speak slowly enough to bring the crowd along with him. I am sure the acoustics have a lot to do with that.

Just don't get Captain Kirk slow.

pollyannaish

He is first speaker to speak slowly enough to bring the crowd along with him. I am sure the acoustics have a lot to do with that.

Just don't get Captain Kirk slow.

I think he is being careful to not speed through and is overcompensating slightly in the other direction.

Cruz, is good. Does he have the new Google Contacts with teleprompter interface installed? He has worked hard on this speech.

Once upon a time not so long ago-there was no such thing as teleprompters and people who wanted to speak with out notes DID memorize their speeches - old timer that I am.

pollyannaish

Once upon a time not so long ago-there was no such thing as teleprompters and people who wanted to speak with out notes DID memorize their speeches - old timer that I am.

Makes for better speeches. And better connection with the audience.

Of course, that was back when actors learned their lines and didn't use cue cards.

Alabama Arthur Davis

PS

PBS was clucking because Ted Cruz dared do something that only the Prez nominee and VP nominee do......

walk back and forth the stage talking to the audience

oooohhhh