(Live Convention Thread thru Tues night) Why This Year’s GOP Convention Will Be Historic

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

why-this-years-gop-convention-will-be-historicPJ Media:

Why This Year’s GOP Convention Will Be Historic

August 26, 2012 - 12:00 am - by Ion Mihai Pacepa

This year’s Republican National Convention will be as historically significant as the one that nominated Abraham Lincoln for the White House. The 1860 Republican Convention was a prelude to our country’s rejection of slavery. The 2012 Republican Convention will liberate our country from the Obama administration’s creeping Marxism. We are glad that our Roger L. Simon is there, in Tampa, to keep us updated, minute by minute.

By choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate, Mitt Romney showed the country, and the world, that he was unalterably determined to end the populist road show called “Change,” choreographed by the Democratic Party in order to divert attention away from its utter failure to alleviate the country’s devastating economic crisis.

“Change” is rooted in a lie proliferated by our own American leftist media. According to this lie, the United States, the leader of the free world, is in fact a “decaying, racist, capitalist realm” unable to provide medical care for the poor, rebuild her “crumbling schools,” or replace the “shuttered mills that once provided a decent life for men and women of every race.”

“Change” became the Democratic Party’s motto, but it was just a comedy show geared to distracting public attention away from the leader’s economic incompetence.

RNC Shuffles Monday Speakers Into Rest of the Week

The Republican National Committee this evening released a new condensed schedule for the Tampa convention, which was cut short a day by Tropical Storm Isaac’s projected path as it moves across southern Florida and into the Gulf.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus will be at the hall for a quick, 5-minute gaveling in at the convention Monday with an immediate recess until Tuesday. A clock indicating how much debt has been added to the national tally in the time span of the convention will also be started.

Monday’s headliners were all shuffled into Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Ann Romney and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will cap off Tuesday night; Condoleezza Rice, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) are the final speakers on Wednesday; and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Mitt Romney still finish out the convention on Thursday.

(Snip)

Thanks for the thread. I'm suspecting some sort of down time at the convention if Isaac hits NO. Already several Governors are not attending.

Thanks for the thread. I'm suspecting some sort of down time at the convention if Isaac hits NO. Already several Governors are not attending.

Well the real reason is they don't want to be associated with a radical racist brither like Mitt Romney. rolleyes.gif

Well the real reason is they don't want to be associated with a radical racist brither like Mitt Romney. rolleyes.gif

I don't know if you have heard, but he kills wives of unemployed people and wants to throw old people on the street.

I don't know if you have heard, but he kills wives of unemployed people and wants to throw old people on the street.

It gets worse...he's a shudder Mormon! And you know what kind of people they are...working hard...saving their money...helping other people...OH ICK!

righteousmomma

Nickydog, try C-Span live.

They will begin tomorrow when the RNC officially opens after today's brief "gavel in/gavel out".

righteousmomma

I love Allen West's latest comment:

"You give someone a crap sandwich with a smile and it's still a crap sandwich."

He is also sick of the talk about "likeability" . Aren't we all!

Republican National Convention speeches of yore

Kemberlee Kaye Kemberlee Kaye

August 27th, 2012

With the RNC in full swing (or waiting to swing) it seems like as good a time as any to dust off some great RNC moments from yesteryear. And while I must confess that this is actually a short list of some of my favorite speeches given by some of my favorite conservatives, the fact remains that each of these speeches or conversations are eerily relevant. It’s also a fascinating look into conservatism over the past ninety years. Enjoy.

(Snip)

I love Allen West's latest comment:

"You give someone a crap sandwich with a smile and it's still a crap sandwich."

He is also sick of the talk about "likeability" . Aren't we all!

Wonder how likeable he is behind closed doors, when someone disagrees with him?

Here We Go.

First Arrest of RNC Protesters Reported

TAMPA, Florida

Reported by Kameel Stanley of the St. Petersburg Times:

Two suspected protesters were arrested after they were found playing with a BB gun atop a downtown parking garage, authorities said.

They are the first arrests in the city tied to the Republican National Convention, which kicks off tonight with a huge welcome party at Tropicana Field.

St. Petersburg police spokesman Mike Puetz said the agency got a call late Thursday from a concerned citizen who saw people on the roof of a parking garage at 100 Second Ave. S.

“That unto itself is odd,” Puetz said.

The caller also claimed to have seen the people playing with a gun.

Officers found two men and a female teen runaway hanging out.

They also found several items indicating the people were protesters, including antigovernment T-shirts and a backpack stuffed with a large machete, a pocketknife, tin snips and a pry tool, Puetz said.

The backpack belonged to Trevor Swanson, 19, of St. Petersburg, who is prohibited from having weapons because of a domestic violence injunction.

(Snip)

Conventions: What Are They Good For?

Walter Russell Mead

8/27/12

Older readers will remember a 1969 song by Edwin Starr. “War,” he sings, “what is it good for?” The answer, repeated through the song, is “Absolutely nothing.”

If you asked the same thing about a modern political convention, the answer would be pretty much the same: Absolutely nothing, or close to.

The modern political convention is one of the most pointless rituals in American political life. It is high time a cash strapped MSM press stopped dropping millions to cover these infomercials and turned its attention to actual stories that matter.

(Snip)

Draggingtree

GOP set to OK most pro-gun platform ever

August 27, 2012 | 1:47 pm

Paul Bedard

Washington Secrets

TAMPA, Fla. - Delegates to the Republican National Convention on Tuesday will approve the most pro-gun platform ever, staking out support for national concealed carry reciprocity and opposing domestic restrictions on ammunition and United Nations interference in gun sales.

"It's probably the most supportive and detailed on Second Amendment issues ever," said a gun-rights advocate who attended the GOP platform committee meetings last week.

Besides giving the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment groups victories on their issues, the platform is also a slap at several Obama initiatives, including the Fast & Furious scandal, snip read more

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington-secrets

GOP set to OK most pro-gun platform ever

August 27, 2012 | 1:47 pm

Paul Bedard

Washington Secrets

TAMPA, Fla. - Delegates to the Republican National Convention on Tuesday will approve the most pro-gun platform ever, staking out support for national concealed carry reciprocity and opposing domestic restrictions on ammunition and United Nations interference in gun sales.

"It's probably the most supportive and detailed on Second Amendment issues ever," said a gun-rights advocate who attended the GOP platform committee meetings last week.

Besides giving the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment groups victories on their issues, the platform is also a slap at several Obama initiatives, including the Fast & Furious scandal, snip read more

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington-secrets

Leftest Speak: Republicans want to see blood in the street!

Lapdance of Danger, or Big Trouble In Steamy Tampa

Rick Wilson

8/27/12

So, you're going to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.

Welcome to my home town, which is, to quote the classics, a hive of scum and villainy.

So here's what's going to happen. One dark and stormy night (and they will be, if the Weather Channel is right), after the receptions wrap up, a member of your posse is going to say, “Hey, let's go to one of Tampa's dozens of strip clubs.”

Yeah. “Dozens.” My home town has the dubious distinction of more strip clubs, massage parlors and thinly-disguised brothels than anywhere east of Bangkok. I'm not proud of it. It's just a fact of life.

(Snip)

What could possible go wrong?

A cautionary tale

So here's what's going to happen. One dark and stormy night (and they will be, if the Weather Channel is right), after the receptions wrap up, a member of your posse is going to say, “Hey, let's go to one of Tampa's dozens of strip clubs.”

A cautionary tale

I think controlling the posse's members is key....

pollyannaish

Lapdance of Danger, or Big Trouble In Steamy Tampa

Rick Wilson

8/27/12

So, you're going to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.

Welcome to my home town, which is, to quote the classics, a hive of scum and villainy.

Yeah. “Dozens.” My home town has the dubious distinction of more strip clubs, massage parlors and thinly-disguised brothels than anywhere east of Bangkok. I'm not proud of it. It's just a fact of life.

(Snip)

A cautionary tale

Ok, I read this article and overall it fills me with dread. However, there is one thing I can't quit laughing about: Kitty McTitty's Boom Boom Room

That makes me laugh the same way Trace Atkins' Honky Tonk Badonkadonk makes me laugh. Men. rolleyes.gif

Ok, I read this article and overall it fills me with dread. However, there is one thing I can't quit laughing about: Kitty McTitty's Boom Boom Room

They probably go there to discuss the intricacies of supply side economics.

• Like 1