(Live Convention Thread thru Tues night) Why This Year’s GOP Convention Will Be Historic

Draggingtree

WestVirginiaRebel

Crowd is very lukewarm to Sandoval. I don't know anything about him.

Neither do most of the people in the crowd, probably...

pollyannaish

I have a hard time judging audience enthusiam from the Cspan feed.

Mr. Achuletta is terrific. One more person that makes me proud to be American.

Shep Smith stuck his lashes on the screen to give a hypercane update. He has a hard time keeping up with his homespun pronunciation of New Orleans.

Once in a while he lapses into plain English, then quickly reverts back to "noo-AW-linz"

What an %^$%# hole

Remember: New Orleans is usually pronounced by locals as "noo-AW-lyenz", "noo-AW-linz", "noo-OR-linz", or "noo-OR-lyenz".

--Bl**feldt

• Like 2

Amazing the differences people can have. I think by making him read the teleprompter he came across like he was reading something someone told him to read.

pollyannaish

They should have arranged their business people in order of public speaking ability.

I would have liked to see them put the women later in the program. They were the most passionate and articulate of the evening so far.

Whew. I am so relieved we didn't nominate Santorum. He's a terrific guy, but just not....right for the moment.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

Amazing the differences people can have. I think by making him read the teleprompter he came across like he was reading something someone told him to read.

He did come across as reading his speech, but it came across to me as real reaction for someone who doesn't do regular public speaking. I didn't feel like he didn't believe what he was saying though. He was passionate, desperate and straight forward. He certainly wasn't uppity and wasn't a 1%er.

They should have arranged their business people in order of public speaking ability.

I would have liked to see them put the women later in the program. They were the most passionate and articulate of the evening so far.

Whew. I am so relieved we didn't nominate Santorum. He's a terrific guy, but just not....right for the moment.

I think Ann Romney will be pretty passionate and articulatewink.png

• Like 2

He did come across as reading his speech, but it came across to me as real reaction for someone who doesn't do regular public speaking. I didn't feel like he didn't believe what he was saying though. He was passionate, desperate and straight forward. He certainly wasn't uppity and wasn't a 1%er.

When he first got up there he looked scared to death. That made him come across as real!!

• Like 2

That is what should have been the program. Show the "war against women" Right vs left.

My ears go numb with Santorium.

Shep Smith stuck his lashes on the screen to give a hypercane update. He has a hard time keeping up with his homespun pronunciation of New Orleans.

Once in a while he lapses into plain English, then quickly reverts back to "noo-AW-linz"

What an %^$%# hole

Remember: New Orleans is usually pronounced by locals as "noo-AW-lyenz", "noo-AW-linz", "noo-OR-linz", or "noo-OR-lyenz".

--Bl**feldt

But he has nice hair.

• Like 1

He doesn't slam single mothers, it's the assault on marriage and the family.

Oy vey what will Vasserman-Shultz say.

Speaking of moms and dads and strong communities, how are Barry Soetero's folks doing?

I am so looking forward to the class.

Hope she got my memo not to wear leather pants. wink.png

• Like 3

What an %^$%# hole

--Bl**feldt

But he has nice hair.

I wouldn't know, I change the channel as soon as he shows his faceblink.png

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to the class.

Hope she got my memo not to wear leather pants. wink.png

Will we get to see her shoes!!!biggrin.png

• Like 2