Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

P.S. Silly posts deleted. :rolleyes:

I will join you to delete the posts.

Do I have to delete mine?

I only had a couple.

I couldn't get a word in edge-wise with you two. Sheeeesh.

However, the fact that it looks like the Dems are likely to win the two top races here in CA has me gnashing my teeth in fury at the moment.

I can't believe with how bad that state is doing and status quo is acceptable.

Based on......?

OK so far only media stuff and observation of what was happening to CEO's running out there. We will know in a few hours.

Thanks. As I suspected, I don't think the polls have closed yet in Ca.

However, the fact that it looks like the Dems are likely to win the two top races here in CA has me gnashing my teeth in fury at the moment.

Based on......?

OK so far only media stuff and observation of what was happening to CEO's running out there. We will know in a few hours.

Polls close a 8pm. The county begins to collect the ballots at 9pm at a staging area in various part of the city. Usual;ly at a school or a city facility.

P.S. Silly posts deleted. :rolleyes:

I will join you to delete the posts.

Thank you. (Was hoping to hear that, actually. :lol: )

No problem

Based on......?

No, they haven't. And as of 5:00 PM they still had 4 HOURS left, yet Drudge was quoting an exit poll at that hour that Boxer wins. I tell you that releasing exit polls before the polls close ought to be illegal.

Our conservative candidate for House District #13 is Bill Randall (who happens to be black) is losing to liberal Brad Miller (who happens to be white).

It's a highly gerrymandered district that includes our upper middle class neighborhood and stretches 100 miles around to pick up "urban" voters in two cities while skipping two neighboring cities.

Frustrating.

Snap1-18.gif

Our conservative candidate for House District #13 is Bill Randall (who happens to be black) is losing to liberal Brad Miller (who happens to be white).

It's a highly gerrymandered district that includes our upper middle class neighborhood and stretches 100 miles around to pick up "urban" voters in two cities while skipping two neighboring cities.

Frustrating.

Snap1-18.gif

Wow. Nice little finger to reach down into every city there.

So much for the canard that black voters vote the color of their candidates. The inner city "on the liberal plantation" blacks vote - to their own detriment - based on the color RED.

I like to say that the fact that blacks voted 95% for Obama in 2008 proves that they do NOT vote race - because they voted for Kerry and Gore by similar margins!

A few days ago some were talking about their choice for 2012. I kept quiet --but as a former Romney supporter who voted for McCain because of Palin and no other choice - I would like to say : "Keep your eye on Rubio." He has 2 years now to show his stuff which is a lot more experience than the One ever dreamed of having.

I hope he does not disappoint me but I have always had high hopes for him.

I think you are right Rady Righte! He is one to watch.

So much for the canard that black voters vote the color of their candidates. The inner city "on the liberal plantation" blacks vote - to their own detriment - based on the color RED.

I like to say that the fact that blacks voted 95% for Obama in 2008 proves that they do NOT vote race - because they voted for Kerry and Gore by similar margins!

Blacks will turn out more for a black Democrat than a white Democrat.

righteousmomma

It is sickening. Randall is a good man. We have met him.

Miller is about as liberal Democrat talking point as they come. SAD!!

There is a gerrymandered district around Charlotte and near pinz that is even worse. Democrats for life.

Speaking of gerrymandering, here is my district - yes, I'm the GOP nook at the very top, and also a photo of the 100% moron (mis)representing me:

CA_07.gif

N00007390.jpg

(Hmmm, looking at this photo - does it make you wonder whether Congressman Miller has his cannabis prescription?)

AP has called Texas House District 17 for Bill Fores, unseating Democrat Chet Edwards.

Doggett (Austin D) actually has a close race on his hands, but I suspect will still win.

I was very impressed with Rubio's speech, both the words and his luscious voice. Sarah has don a good job on screen with Megyn and Brett.

I think we're developing a nice deep bench.

I may have to think about registering as a Republican in the next few years. :lol:

AP has called Texas House District 17 for Bill Fores, unseating Democrat Chet Edwards.

Great news! Lets hope that this election will "cleanse" flyover country of most of the remaining Dummycrat maroons.

Based on......?

No, they haven't. And as of 5:00 PM they still had 4 HOURS left, yet Drudge was quoting an exit poll at that hour that Boxer wins. I tell you that releasing exit polls before the polls close ought to be illegal.

In Los Angeles County, they still have to take all those ballot boxes to the County Recorder office(on Imperial Highway) which is located in Norwalk.Thew county machine are located at the County Recorder office Those ballots will be guarded by the Sherriff department. In the meantime, they will be counting absentee ballots.

CNN: U.S. GOVERNOR / Colorado

Hickenlooper (D) 72,279 58%

Tancredo (I) 37,520 30%

Maes ® 13,318 11%

what can I say...I really really REALLY can't stand Tancredo.

The one good thing that will come out of this is, if Tancredo loses, he is done politically forever.

This is the second congressional election for district #13 where a conservative black Republican has lost to the liberal white Democrat... with a highly weighted black electorate.

This year Bill Randall went down to Brad Miller and last time it was Vernon Robinson. (Two Uncle Tom's I guess) :(

CNN: U.S. GOVERNOR / Colorado

Hickenlooper (D) 72,279 58%

Tancredo (I) 37,520 30%

Maes ® 13,318 11%

what can I say...I really really REALLY can't stand Tancredo.

The one good thing that will come out of this is, if Tancredo loses, he is done politically forever.

Sarah Palin endorsed him - today. So she gets to keep her 'pure' credentials without actually helping him.

A few days ago some were talking about their choice for 2012. I kept quiet --but as a former Romney supporter who voted for McCain because of Palin and no other choice - I would like to say : "Keep your eye on Rubio." He has 2 years now to show his stuff which is a lot more experience than the One ever dreamed of having.

I hope he does not disappoint me but I have always had high hopes for him.

For what it's worth, there are some over at Common Ground Politics saying the same thing.

It could be a case of "The Grass Is always Greener"