Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

I still think Al Simmons and ErnstBlofeld are the same person and displaying a split personality... :P:D

Rand Paul just gave a good speech to show why he won. I'm not surprised about Manchin, I guess Obama will get his rubber stamp after all (unless Manchin says he's against that now :rolleyes:.)

O'Malley beats Erlich for Governor in MD.

Bentley for Gov. in Alabama.

Virginia a likely pickup for Republicans in the House (say hello to Speaker John Boehner!)

Manchin now speaking.

"We put West Virginia first and now it's time to put America first." I wish I had confidence that he meant it...

Al_Simmons, Ernst, Let's knock it off and comment on the election. There was no surprise in the Delaware race and we don't need to spend the whole night bickering about it and each other.

Thanks

I will stop. If he continues, I will have no choice but to continue.

Sylvia said that WA state has on the ballot, a tax the rich scheme.....raise taxes on indiv earning $250k and couples earning $400k....but they didn't mention that in 2 years, the legislature can extend it as it sees fit.

pffft.

I don't think that was getting much support out there. Isn't Redmond in WA? Microsoft millionaires want to keep their earnings.

Al_Simmons, Ernst, Let's knock it off and comment on the election. There was no surprise in the Delaware race and we don't need to spend the whole night bickering about it and each other.

Thanks

Yeah, alright. Sorry Ernst, but I am a little unhappy at how some races are currently going (as I imagine you must be as well.) Keep up the good work. I spent some time around the same circles in DC as a college student and on visits to my buddy who worked in GOP politics for about 20 years. Everyone has his/her place.

You are certainly doing more for the conservative cause right now than I am. My focus at this stage is far more modest - raising my 3 kids and seeing them off to college and life eventually.

I never expected O'Donnell to win, so that race does not bother me at the moment. Two steps forward, one step back.

However, the fact that it looks like the Dems are likely to win the two top races here in CA has me gnashing my teeth in fury at the moment.

righteousmomma

I like reading the Drudge headlines:

REPUBLICANS WIN SENATE SEATS: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, OH, OK, KY, KS, MO, ND, NH, SC, SD...

DEMS WIN: CT, DE, MD, NY, WV...

TOO CLOSE TO CALL: PA, IL, WI...

Thanks

Yeah, alright. Sorry Ernst, but I am a little unhappy at how some races are currently going (as I imagine you must be as well.) Keep up the good work. I spent some time around the same circles in DC as a college student and on visits to my buddy who worked in GOP politics for about 20 years. Everyone has his/her place.

You are certainly doing more for the conservative cause right now than I am. My focus at this stage is far more modest - raising my 3 kids and seeing them off to college and life eventually.

I never expected O'Donnell to win, so that race does not bother me at the moment. Two steps forward, one step back.

However, the fact that it looks like the Dems are likely to win the two top races here in CA has me gnashing my teeth in fury at the moment.

Peace?

WestVirginiaRebel

I like reading the Drudge headlines:

REPUBLICANS WIN SENATE SEATS: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, OH, OK, KY, KS, MO, ND, NH, SC, SD...

DEMS WIN: CT, DE, MD, NY, WV...

TOO CLOSE TO CALL: PA, IL, WI...

Some disappointments but overall a very good night for the GOP.

Sylvia said that WA state has on the ballot, a tax the rich scheme.....raise taxes on indiv earning $250k and couples earning $400k....but they didn't mention that in 2 years, the legislature can extend it as it sees fit.

pffft.

I don't think that was getting much support out there. Isn't Redmond in WA? Microsoft millionaires want to keep their earnings.

She said they were portraying it very favorable to the masses that don't make that kind of money. Who knows in WA.

Yes, Redmond and Microsoft is in WA.

I can't believe with how bad that state is doing and status quo is acceptable.

I can't believe with how bad that state is doing status quo is acceptable.

There are areas that are very conservative such as the San Joaquin Valley, the Sierras,Ventura Countyout in Riverside,San Diego and surrounding counties and San Diego. But the majority of liberal votes are in Los Angeles, in San Francisco,along the coast and in Silicon Valley

Well done Sean Bielat, you done good. We'll see more from you in the future.

Republ takes House Floria..southerland over boyd

I can't believe with how bad that state is doing status quo is acceptable.

Ummm ... YEAH. That is what has been bothering me for weeks now. The GOP choice of 2 CEOs who actually made money and fired people (*EGAD*) appears to be what will propell the Dems to vistory.

I tell you, both Brown and Boxer ran far more ads the past weeks than their opponents (at least based on my observation), and the content of those ads was alternately mendacious - Brown in particular sounded like a Republican - and on the other hand character assassination that the Soviets would have been proud of. Think - fat capitalists in their tophats a la one of Kerensky's propaganda films, and you'll be pretty close as to how they portrayed Fiorina and Whitman.

Class warfare is alive and well - and working - here in CA (even if 12% of the people are not.)

Based on......?

Class warfare is alive and well - and working - here in CA (even if 12% of the people are not.)

Yeah, Don't hire people who know how to create jobs, hire people who will give you hand outs.

Based on......?

OK so far only media stuff and observation of what was happening to CEO's running out there. We will know in a few hours.

righteousmomma

A few days ago some were talking about their choice for 2012. I kept quiet --but as a former Romney supporter who voted for McCain because of Palin and no other choice - I would like to say : "Keep your eye on Rubio." He has 2 years now to show his stuff which is a lot more experience than the One ever dreamed of having.

I hope he does not disappoint me but I have always had high hopes for him.