Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

A few days ago some were talking about their choice for 2012. I kept quiet --but as a former Romney supporter who voted for McCain because of Palin and no other choice - I would like to say : "Keep your eye on Rubio." He has 2 years now to show his stuff which is a lot more experience than the One ever dreamed of having.

I hope he does not disappoint me but I have always had high hopes for him.

For what it's worth, there are some over at Common Ground Politics saying the same thing.

It could be a case of "The Grass Is always Greener"

If Rubio runs, I will support him based on what I know so far.

My fear with Mitt Romney is that he is too establishment - and too compromised with his own Mass Health care - to effectively carry the conservative standard to victory - although I think he would be a good president - voted for him in the 2008 primary.

However, the fact that it looks like the Dems are likely to win the two top races here in CA has me gnashing my teeth in fury at the moment.

I can't believe with how bad that state is doing and status quo is acceptable.

Based on......?

OK so far only media stuff and observation of what was happening to CEO's running out there. We will know in a few hours.

Thanks. As I suspected, I don't think the polls have closed yet in Ca.

No, they haven't. And as of 5:00 PM they still had 4 HOURS left, yet Drudge was quoting an exit poll at that hour that Boxer wins. I tell you that releasing exit polls before the polls close ought to be illegal.

In Los Angeles County, they still have to take all those ballot boxes to the County Recorder office(on Imperial Highway) which is located in Norwalk.Thew county machine are located at the County Recorder office Those ballots will be guarded by the Sherriff department. In the meantime, they will be counting absentee ballots.

They were counting ballots today. All absentee ballots are sent there. The place is like a fortress.You can't miss it. Its right off the 5 freeway. They say that the building can survive an atomic blast.

CNN: U.S. GOVERNOR / Colorado

Hickenlooper (D) 72,279 58%

Tancredo (I) 37,520 30%

Maes ® 13,318 11%

what can I say...I really really REALLY can't stand Tancredo.

Valin!

If all you've ever heard was MSM soundbites.....I can understand. Both Woodchucks voted for him, especially after watching him perform in front of crowds. He is much more moderate and has way more experience, than R-Maes. Hickenlooper is known as Mini-Soros here.....using his wealth [considerable] to fund secret Democratic action groups. It will be a sad day for Colorado, should "Hick" win.

It is sickening. Randall is a good man. We have met him.

Miller is about as liberal Democrat talking point as they come. SAD!!

There is a gerrymandered district around Charlotte and near pinz that is even worse. Democrats for life.

How is Mel Watts doing tonight?? :lol:

I heard this afternoon that his seat is at risk. They say there are areas in his district that if you dive through and stop to get out of your car that you will step foot "out of district." :o

Our Congressman is Young Patrick McHenry, as our beloved and dearly missed Sophie Sue called him. McHenry should have no problem with reelection. They've already called Sen. Burr's seat as a save.

Speaking of gerrymandering, here is my district - yes, I'm the GOP nook at the very top, and also a photo of the 100% moron (mis)representing me:

CA_07.gif

N00007390.jpg

(Hmmm, looking at this photo - does it make you wonder whether Congressman Miller has his cannabis prescription?)

Al_Simmons! You just made me feel (slightly) better about having Brad Miller as our rep.

So much for the canard that black voters vote the color of their candidates. The inner city "on the liberal plantation" blacks vote - to their own detriment - based on the color RED.

This is the second congressional election for district #13 where a conservative black Republican has lost to the liberal white Democrat... with a highly weighted black electorate.

This year Bill Randall went down to Brad Miller and last time it was Vernon Robinson. (Two Uncle Tom's I guess) :(

There is viable black Republican running for the house in SC, isn't there?

23cd2ffa.jpg

This is for Ms. O'Donnell

I'm glad soooo many TRR members are delighted. Makes me proud.

I've got some good ideas on what to do with Pelosi's big gavel.

There you go! :lol:

NRO: Delay in NV Statewide Results Due to Power Outage at Polling Location

Elizabeth Crum November 2, 2010 9:54 P.M.

There may be a delay in reporting early returns in all statewide Nevada races due to a power outage at a Clark County polling location, said the Secretary of State a few minutes ago.

All voters in line at that site as of 7 PM will be allowed to cast their votes, said a Secretary of State press release.

(Snip)

Update (10:00 ET): Power problem fixed. But the Secretary of State now says there are long lines up in Elko (northern Nevada) that could cause delays.

Sheila Jackson Lee wins in a landside...

Clearvision!

That really sucks. She lowers the group intellect of the whole House.

She can claim her win was a Hurricane.......called Sheilaquella.

righteousmomma

Sheila Jackson Lee wins in a landside...

Now that speaks loudly and clearly about a certain element of our society that is totally ignorant, stupid, deceived and deluded. JMO.

shoutRheo, do you know what county Iowa Granny is in? I haven't seen District 45 as I've been scrolling through.

I don't, pinz! I had to shut down my system as it refused to run so now have to bring up all the tabs I had open.

will check FB and see if any updates.

shoutRheo, do you know what county Iowa Granny is in? I haven't seen District 45 as I've been scrolling through.

I don't, pinz! I had to shut down my system as it refused to run so now have to bring up all the tabs I had open.

will check FB and see if any updates.

Thank you, I appreciate that. :)

Doggett now only up by 4000 votes in Texas, Austin area.

Austin/Travis County is a giant blue boil on the butt of Texas.

In 2008, Travis County reported first and had Texas going for Obama 70-30 until more counties reported.