Election Day Live Thread

Rheo

Pressure on Obama to Shake Up Inner Circle

Published November 02, 2010 | The Wall Street Journal

Great picture of Fibbs and Axelrod.

Link to Full Article at WSJ

From oldest comment at WSJ:

QUOTE Some high-level Democrats are calling for President Barack Obama to remake his inner circle or even fire top advisers in response to what many party strategists expect to be a decisive defeat on Tuesday.

The problem ain't the top advisers... its the top.

If you like news like this, vote Democratic to keep it up.

Four Americans Killed in Separate Attacks in Border City, Mexican Authorities Say

If you like news like this, vote Democratic to keep it up.

Thanks to Obama's miserable track record in economics his green stuff is going nowhere:

" ... across the nation, wind's share of new generating capacity is 13 percent this year -- a decline from 40 percent over the past two years. "

Pipestone wind-turbine factory idled; 110 layoffs

Suzlon Group's Pipestone factory, which once employed 500 people, will lay off most of its remaining workers as U.S. demand for wind power sits becalmed for now.

[snipBode said coal's share of new electricity generation increased last year, a trend that "is really a wrong direction." Wind energy industry officials blame the declining U.S. wind market on the lack of a federal renewable-energy mandate on electric utilities. Many states, including Minnesota, have mandated such goals. The wind industry is lobbying for a federal law requiring 15 percent of the nation's power to come from renewable energy.

snip

====

You feel for the workers. But when the only way to stay in business is to get federal assistance you got a problem.

Did we win?! Did we win?!

Heh. Good Morning everyone! Here's to recognizing the country at the end of the day.

righteousmomma

That is a horrific video because of what it signifies as the world view/mind set of a large part of our population. I lay the blame totally on the Democrats -whether operatives or media.

Reminds me of Rush's monologue yesterday because of the deluded, deceived man yelling how

"we" are racists and hate Blacks, Jews and Muslims.

RUSH: And why shouldn't there be? Somebody tell me why we should remain docile over the assault on the United States Constitution? Why should we remain docile and civil and polite, just because these people say we should, over the assault on job creation in this country? What in the world is wrong with being angry about this? .......

.... Don't accept their premise, or if you do, ask what's wrong with the premise, as I just did? What's wrong with being mad? You ought to be fit to be tied. "Remember this," These people losing the election tomorrow told their clients, the Democrats, to say that you hate African-Americans. The people losing tomorrow said that you hate Latinos. The people losing tomorrow said that you hate gay people. The people losing tomorrow said that you hate women. The people losing tomorrow said that you hate Jews. The people losing tomorrow say that you hate Muslims.

The people who are losing tomorrow accused you of hating the poor. The people who are losing tomorrow accuse you of hating America. Why shouldn't you be mad? Your character impugned daily in the media, and nobody comes to your defense. In fact, in your own party the elitists sort of give faint agreement, talking about how you're "A little kooky, unsophisticated rubes. You know, from the margins of the political business. You don't really know what you're doing. You're good people but you just don't really get it. You're racists, you're sexists, you're bigots." Remember the people losing tomorrow, in an effort to win, called you racists. They said you hate blacks. They said you hate Latinos. When all you're doing is standing up for the law, when all you're doing is defending the Constitution.

They say you hate African-Americans, they say you hate Latinos, they say you hate gays. The people losing tomorrow have called you fascists. The people losing tomorrow have called you stupid, uneducated, unsophisticated. They have called you hatemongers. They have said you were insane. In some cases they have sent union thugs to beat you up at campaign rallies. Why shouldn't you be mad? They have said that you are violent extremists. When the Times Square bomber was caught these people suspected that it was you who planted the bomb because you were upset at Obama's health care plan. Why shouldn't you be mad?

Why shouldn't you be angry in defense of the honor and traditions that have made this country great as they are under assault by a political party and machine who do not subscribe to their greatness, who do believe they have a role in America any further? The people who are calling you violent extremists are the ones engaging in violence. The ones who call you hatemongers are the people who engage in hate of you. The ones accusing you of being insane, themselves don't have elevators that go all the way to the top or are an order of fries short of a Happy Meal. And they run many blogs. And as Mr. Lane points out: You could keep this going for as long as you cared to. You have been called unpatriotic! The people losing tomorrow have called you cowards, cowards on race, cowards on any number of subjects.

You have been mocked at every opportunity. You have been accused of shouting the N-word at members of Congress on the day of the health care vote when it did not happen. Why shouldn't people be angry? But besides all of that, the root of the anger is the all-out assault on the decency and greatness and morality of this country and its people. As Shelby Steele pointed out so brilliantly last week: "When you assume the position of presiding over a fallen America, by definition you cannot preside over a great America. You have to preside over a people and nation in decline.

For all of you in the media who think it's so reprehensible for people to be angry, if people aren't mad today, what the hell would it take to get them mad? Have you thought about that? The real special interests in this election are the media, the unions, and the takers, not the producers and not the makers. The consumers, not the producers. The producers are not the problem. The media is trying to get you to show mercy. The media is trying to get you to feel less confident about what's going to happen tomorrow. They're trying to keep you from running up the score, so to speak. They don't want what happens tomorrow to be seen as a mandate.

Sadly, even Scott Rasmussen's getting in on this a little bit from his website: "Voters don't want to be governed from the left, the right, or the center. They want Washington to recognize that Americans want to govern themselves." Sounds good. Mr. Rasmussen continues: "In this environment, it would be wise for all Republicans to remember that their team didn't win, the other team lost," meaning the Democrats. Now, this is as far as it goes is correct. This is not a big Republican victory. This is a conservative ascendancy. This is not a we-want-Washington-to-change victory. Mr. Rasmussen says, "Heading into 2012 voters will remain ready to vote against the party in power unless you're given a reason not to do so."

Now, this is an attempt to shape events. Voters do want a conservative government. Listen to them when they speak at town halls. Listen to voters when they tell you what they're upset about and what they hope to change; they want a conservative government, which is a smaller government, less government. They want less intrusion, limited taxes, they want the border secure, they want a strong military. They don't want to be bothered and harassed whenever they start a business or make an addition to their home. Far too many people are unwilling to say that this is a conservative ascendancy. Too many people are unwilling to say it. Maybe they're not schooled enough in conservatism to understand what's going on.

But the effort to redefine us will continue. It happens today. It happened last week. It's been going on for as long as I live, and it will happen tomorrow, the effort to redefine what happens today or tomorrow and this week at the ballot box. This redefining of what is occurring, it is a conservative ascendance. It cannot be said it's simply an anti-Washington or anti-incumbent mood. There is a conservative ascendancy, and when you see Joe Manchin, the Democrat governor of West Virginia, and the way he campaigns for his Senate seat and many of other Democrats, when you hear them parroting Ronald Reagan, you hear them parroting conservatism. Now, this is a very simple thing to understand. It's obvious to most of us, but Republicans and the right are not the same thing.

Republicans and conservatism are not universally, always the same thing. A lot of these pollsters, Doug Schoen is one. He's coming up in an audio sound bite. They like to say Americans "want the parties to work together," that they want a centrist government. That's an attempt to deemphasize conservatism. The American people want gridlock the next two years. They want the regime stopped. They don't want to work with Obama. They don't want compromise with the Democrats. They don't want to institute fair and open debate with Democrats in the House of Representatives. It's not about that. It's about arresting the bloated growing of government, stopping it dead in its tracks. It is about being governed from the right.

Good morning, shoutPollyainish. Good sentiments.

RightheousMomma.

Thanks for that from Rush. Missed it yesterday.

Morning Pep!

righteousmomma

Bob Beckel just said on Fox Business that the process to compromise and keep the Bush tax cuts are underway as he spoke!

1914_00.jpg

DUmp diving so you don't have to

DUmmies up in arms

N.H. Democratic Party loses phone service at offices

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The New Hampshire Democratic Party has lost phone service — on some or all lines — at local campaign offices at 11 locations around the statesnip

Note to TRR readers: this phone outage has already been restored. It was not a scheme.

It affected not only Dems but GOP and anyone who had, gasp, a phone.

It was due to RoboCalls, but that doesn't stop the DUmmies:

"If MSNBC really wants to investigate possible election fraud, they should start here."

Chrissy should hop on this.

"Seems pretty wide spread Anyone know if others were affected??"

Why bother reading news when you get it from morons at DU?

"Unlikely. If folks in 11 NH towns had lost service, the OP article would surely have said so. That would have been a much bigger story in a state like NH than only Democratic political offices losing phone and internet service."

I firmly believe no one else was affected. Where is my lithium?

"ROVER IS GOING TO DESTROY US ALL, and if we permit it, we will have ourselves to blame. THIS IS NO SECRET. GET TO IT, DEMS!!!!"

Karl Rover, you evil man, you.

"New Hampshire again. Telephones in New Hampshire again. Targeted Democrats at election again. The Republican Party and the ravenous monsters that need their power never cease. And they return to the scene of their own previous crimes. Past is always prologue. There will be no investigation. Again."

Major. tinfoil. hat. alert.

"Sounds like Republicon dirty tricks to me. I hope someone gets jail time out of this."

Note, this guy has only 13 posts or so, he is probably trolling. shoutNCTexan, did you just sign up?

"Hope they all have cells to GOTV...and I hope Comcast is held accountable legally...this is surpression...I wonder if phone lines are down in the whole area or just the Dem offices?"

By wondering, we keep them busy. Be sure to vote November 3, big guy.

EDIT

"Someone needs to go to prison for LIFE. This is about as bad a crime as you can commit in our democracy."

This last one was posted two hours later - after it had been resolved.

"Sounds like Republicon dirty tricks to me. I hope someone gets jail time out of this."

Note, this guy has only 13 posts or so, he is probably trolling. NCTexan, did you just sign up?

Pepper!

Nope... ain't me. I ain't been vaccinated 'nuff to venture into the DUmp without fear o' gettin' real sick! I'll leave it to stronger men like you Pepper.

I hear that them New Hampshire DUmmies are non-other than Darryl, Darryl and Darryl... who crossed over the state line from Vermont to be with their kind.

larry_darryl_darryl.jpg

:lol:

NCTexan.

Looks like Darryl is holding a cell phone jammer in his left hand.

New Group Hug Thread underway at the DUmp

You people have been my teachers and my online friends

I've met some of you on line and some off line. I've pissed a few of you off and helped a number of you in small and big ways. This can be said by so many of us. Today is going to be an emotional day, no matter how it pans out, after I get done watching election results, I'm coming to hang out with my DU Brethren. You have helped me stay sane and will likely do the same again today.

I love you man!!!!!!!

Rush, November 1, 2010

If you want a smaller paycheck, if you want that gun shop closed down someday, vote Democrat.

If you want to be prohibited from smoking a cigar in that gun shop, vote Democrat.

It's very simple here: If you don't like what's going on, vote Republican.

It's very simple. If you like what's going on, vote Democrat.

It's really no more complicated than that.

Terror in the Beltway update: Shots at Va. Coast Guard recruiting station

By Michelle Malkin • November 2, 2010 10:07 AM

POTUS/TOTUS pity party alert: Post-election press conference tomorrow

By Michelle Malkin • November 2, 2010 11:45 AM

Make sure to pop the pocorn and buy the biggest Slurpee you can get your hands on. President Obama will hold a post-Election Day press conference tomorrow at 1pm. Via National Journal:

snip

I thought he was leaving town!!! :angry: Do we have to hear that irritating voice. Can't we just enjoy the day after glow???

Geee!

These numbers below, if true, are staggering. I wonder what Bush, Clinton, and others racked up on out of town trips as comparison.

Rush:

Obama's upcoming trip to India will cost $200 million dollars per day

He is taking 3,000 people with him.

shoutPepper! LOL. I just clipped that to post-Great minds ya know :D

Wonder who the 3000 people consist of? The Indian press say that dozens of people, helicopters and other security apparatus have already been there for weeks.

Good afternoon all!

Sorry about the thread not opening up at 7am. Software glitch or operator error...you decide. ;)

We voted! Said it had been steady all morning and was picking up.

I thought he was leaving town!!! :angry: Do we have to hear that irritating voice. Can't we just enjoy the day after glow???

Geee!

These numbers below, if true, are staggering. I wonder what Bush, Clinton, and others racked up on out of town trips as comparison.

Rush:

Obama's upcoming trip to India will cost $200 million dollars per day

He is taking 3,000 people with him.

He wants to shove it in our faces that he is still the president and he can act as regal and spend as much money as he likes. :angry:

New Group Hug Thread underway at the DUmp

You people have been my teachers and my online friends

I've met some of you on line and some off line. I've pissed a few of you off and helped a number of you in small and big ways. This can be said by so many of us. Today is going to be an emotional day, no matter how it pans out, after I get done watching election results, I'm coming to hang out with my DU Brethren. You have helped me stay sane and will likely do the same again today.

I love you man!!!!!!!

shoutPepper! A Democrat Underground "Group Hug" is truly a disgusting thought!

telephone-booth-stuffing.jpg

BTW, it looks like these 'guys' are enjoying it way too much. :unsure:

shoutPepper! LOL. I just clipped that to post-Great minds ya know :D

Wonder who the 3000 people consist of? The Indian press say that dozens of people, helicopters and other security apparatus have already been there for weeks.

The Entire Taj Mahal Hotel?

US President Barack Obama's trip to India next month is set to be the biggest ever by any US president in terms of the protocol and logistics.

snip

Earlier, Obama's daughters Sasha and Malia were not to be part of the trip. But sources revealed that Michelle's opinion prevailed and now the girls would accompany the first American couple to India.

snip

Guest areafiftyone

POLITICAL WIRE

Note on Exit Polls

Exit polls are being conducted in 26 states today but the results will be quarantined until at least 5:30 pm ET.

Anything you might hear before then is based on uninformed speculation. Of course, much of what you hear after that time might be as well.