Coffee Shop

Rheo

Navajo Codetalkers Appear In Redskin Jackets Liberal Heads Explode

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/30/navajo-codetalkers-appear-in-redskin-jackets-liberal-heads-explode/

Of course the answer given by the perpetually offended is found in the comments of This Story

richardfoc 3 days ago

Oh please, this didn't occur in a vacuum. Dan Snyder and the Redskins organization are well aware of the controversy surrounding their name and to suggest that this wasn't an attempt to say 'Look, we love Native Americans and they love us' is being disingenuous.

The best thing to do with this kind of leftist nonsense (but I repeat myself) story is to make fun of it. What is it Rush says he does..."Illustrating Absurdity Here By Being Absurd,".

• Like 2

FYI

HumanProgress.org

HumanProgress.org is a project of the Cato Institute with major support from the John Templeton Foundation, the Searle Freedom Trust, and the Brinson Foundation.

HumanProgress.org requires no registration or membership. All data, charts, maps, and calculation tables can be used free of charge, but require an acknowledgment.

&

Conservefewell.org

Americans have a strong, moral belief in stewardship, deeply rooted in the ideals of conservatism and woven into the fabric of a free and resilient society. Conservatism acknowledges the obligations of individuals and society to ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And in the traditions of Roger Scruton, Russell Kirk and Edmund Burke, the authors seek to promote the values of ordered liberty and prudent restraint upon power and oft insatiable human appetite.

Conservefewell is a forum where diverse and thoughtful minds share ideas and developments affecting our natural environment. We are a group of thought leaders, entrepreneurs, former government officials, policy experts, and environmental advocates who are committed to changing the tone and dialogue of environmental stewardship. We aspire to inspire and motivate others to think and act differently about environmental stewardship. Yet, unfortunately, in todays highly-charged political environment, the topic of the environment itself often pits individuals and groups against one another. And the debate is often politicized, ignores science, or is oversimplified, when in reality the topic is much more complex.

H/T Power Line

@Pepper - that game was terrific, about fell over with that last play, was really something

Amazing. Just amazing. The announcers were hilarious.

Wonder how the kicker felt?

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Colliding Narratives Edition

Steven Hayward

11/30/13

So its November 30Winston Churchills birthdayand I thought I might try out the fixed, updated, and ready-to-wear healthcare.gov website and sign up Sir Winston for some health coverage, but decided, in light of Obamas deal with Syria, to enroll his foreign policy instead. It clearly needs medication if not radical surgery. But there is no Stone Age plan, alas.

(Snip)

580x366xIran-Nuke-Regsitry-copy.jpg.page

(Snip)

423x515xObama-Patton-copy.jpg.pagespeed.

(Snip)

462x351xGeico-to-Obamacare-copy.jpg.page

(Snip)

381x398xAlcohol-t-shirt-copy.jpg.pagespe

(Snip)

350x384xAliens-on-the-HolidaysUntitled-c

(Snip)

561x600xEagle-and-Child-Tardis-copy-561x

This one is to test who really knows the most esoteric trivia.

(Snip)

335x600xHJOt-78-copy-335x600.jpg.pagespe

• Like 3

@Pepper - that game was terrific, about fell over with that last play, was really something

Amazing. Just amazing. The announcers were hilarious.

Wonder how the kicker felt?

He will feel crappy, but everyone knows the distance he had to kick was pretty much impossible.

I can certainly relate:

Thomas Sowell ‏@ThomasSowell 7m
“Age gives you an excuse for not being very good at things that you were not very good at when you were young.”

• Like 3

I can certainly relate:

Thomas Sowell ‏@ThomasSowell 7m

“Age gives you an excuse for not being very good at things that you were not very good at when you were young.”

For some of us this covers a lot of territory!

ZOMBIE HEADLINE OF THE DAY

When the vampire thing came along, I was like, meh. Likewise with zombies. Amazingly enough, Hollywood has now made more zombie movies than Westerns, but I don’t care, I’m just not interested. I wasn’t, anyway, until yesterday, when I saw this headline in the Minneapolis Star Tribune: “Man stole delivery truck because he was ‘running from zombies.’”Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/12/zombie-headline-of-the-day.php

• Like 2

Croatian Citizens Vote Whether to Block Same Sex Marriage

12/1/13

A referendum was held in Croatia on Sunday, 1 December 2013, in which Croatian citizens voted on whether or not marriage should be defined as a legal union between a man and a woman in the country's Constitution. Rallies were held on Saturday, November 30, and previous days in Zagreb and on social networks to oppose this definition.

(Snip)

unofficially: FOR 64,84% AGAINST 34,56

OSU’s Marcus Hall gets ejected, flips Michigan fans the double bird

But this is the real story

Speaking of the Big Ten title game, Urban Meyer announced that he was not going to suspend Dontra Wilson or Marcus Hall after they got booted from the Michigan game for throwing punches. Hall, also left the field, in full meltdown mode, flashing the double-bird to the crowd like he was some kind of WWF villain.

And that's just Urban Meyer being Urban Meyer, keeping it low class.

Jeff Seidel: Ohio State lineman Marcus Hall must be banned for obscene gesture

Hey @Valin. When I click on your link it takes me to a page that looks like a white light. Is this a good sign?

Did the white light look something like this?

polarbear.jpg

If it did, then no this is not a good sign.

@clearvision. I see on Fox that the House Judiciary Committee is having a meeting this morning on whether the Executive Branch is over- reaching on their powers. This is partially about him changing the ACA by fiat, which we discussed here a few weeks ago.