Election Day 2012 LIVE THREAD

clearvision

Didn't get the first post, but got the first "like." May God bless you all as you vote. May you safely navigate the polls & return home. God bless the Republic of the United States, and may we all rejoice in a new President & Vice-President....Mitt Romney & Paul Ryan!

Edited to add: Thanks @clearvision & @Rheo!

Edited by SrWoodchuck
  • Like 1

Clear eyes, full hearts... can't lose.

Prayers for our country, for a decisive vote and a new beginning. And I wish you all peace.

• Like 3

Chicago Source Tells Author Brad Thor: Obama Campaign Planning to Proclaim Early Victory to ‘Demoralize Romney Supporters’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chicago-source-tells-author-brad-thor-obama-campaign-planning-to-proclaim-early-victory-to-demoralize-romney-supporters/

New York Times best-selling author Brad Thor, based in Chicago, tells TheBlaze that the Obama campaign may be planning to preemptively announce victory in the presidential election based on early voting numbers in an attempt to “demoralize Mitt Romney supporters.”

Citing a “very solid source” in Chicago, Thor says the Obama campaign is looking to make it appear to voters that they have “this thing sewed up and are less than 24 hours to victory,” according to his source.

Scissors-32x32.png

The flip side of the coin, the author explained, is that the Obama campaign is counting on the mainstream media to drive home their narrative should they implement this strategy. “They are so invested in Obama,” Thor said of the media. “I don’t see how any truth loving person could look to the mainstream media ever again. This election should be the final nail in the coffin with the mainstream media.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Why would the campaign resort to such a Chicago-style political tactic? According to Thor, it’s because their support is diminished across the board and they know they’re in trouble.

Scissors-32x32.png

First votes cast as Romney takes campaign into Election Day, Obama asks for time to 'finish what we started'

Two tiny villages in northern New Hampshire kicked off the 2012 election by casting the first votes early Tuesday.

President Obama and Republican Mitt Romney each won 5 votes in Dixville Notch, and in Hart's Location Obama won with 23 votes, Romney received 9 and Libertarian Gary Johnson received 1 vote. The towns have enjoyed first-vote status since 1948.

Meanwhile, Romney was taking his nearly six-year campaign for the presidency all the way to Election Day, making last-minute plans to visit two vital battlegrounds on Tuesday, while Obama held a nighttime rally in Iowa Monday. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/05/romney-takes-campaign-into-election-day-obama-asks-for-time-to-finish-what/

Shut The Hell Up and Vote for Romney

Andrew Klavan

It seems to me that many left-wingers confuse good intentions with good outcomes and mistake the feeling of virtue for virtue itself. I hear them say things like, “Well, at least Obama cares,” as if the presidency were not an important job that could be done well or badly. Would they choose to be operated on by a surgeon because he cares or would they prefer one who knew what he was doing and could get the job done? They praise programs for their intent without considering their outcomes or costs. They do not weigh their liberty in the balance of their reason. At their worst, they cherish a sense of themselves as good and generous because they vote for the people who tell them they are good and generous, and hold as hateful those who will not join in praising the emperor’s new clothes.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2012/11/05/shut-the-hell-up-and-vote-for-romney/

We’ve Come To The End Of Cake

Posted on November 5, 2012 |

Scissors-32x32.png

Today I’m going to come as close to political as I ever do in this blog. You’ve been warned. If it’s going to annoy you, you may leave now.

This election has swirled around a lot of crazy things, starting with “War on women” a concept that might as well have been invented by a Martian with no understanding of human psychology or anatomy. I can just imagine the march on the women’s towns, guns blazing… I can, unless I realize that most men love or at least like women, and that women are not an army of same-minded robots. Then there was the war on Big Bird and finally the rather ridiculous injunction to vote for revenge – though what in heavens name requires revenge no one knows. Of course human nature being what it is, all of us can come up with several reasons to seek revenge on several people. We are none of us never wronged, and we, all of us, tend to see the wrongs against us as a much greater injustice than those we commit against others. This appeal to humans’ baser instincts might be effective. It is also a recipe for every man against every other.

My grandmother used to say “A house where bread is scarce, it’s every man’s hand against the other.” Bread isn’t scarce in America, save in the areas ravaged by Sandy, where we are seeing once again how centralized operations do a magnificent job for the little guy on the ground – by which I mean they are hungry, cold and in the dark.

However, I am here to tell you that we are broke. Not only are we broke, we are stone cold broke. No, unlike the belief of the hopeful diarist at DU the other day, this doesn’t just mean we can print more money. If you think that, you’ve confused the thing with the symbol.

Read the whole thing

H/T Sarah Hoyt at Instapundit

FOREWARNED: Brad Thor: I Have It From A Reliable Source In the Chicago Camp That Obama Plans To Declare Victory Early Tomorrow, In Order to Demoralize Romney Voters. And of course they count on the media. They lie. Ignore them. Get word of mouth out. Tell all your conservative friends and relatives to ignore them too. The answer to this is always “Yeah, Obama voters dominate early voting. And then the conservatives get off work.”

Sarah Hoyt, Instapundit

Good morning. Hoping our Site can withstand the extra traffic I envision will be here.

Will be back here tonight when I am at Mac Grill

Praying hard. I know God is sovereign but I also know the power of the dark side & BHO is definitely a part of that. Voter fraud, disenfranchisement, all are very disheartening

I vote after breakfast(9:30) with neighbor John. He is going to get me up to speed with the local candidates, issues.

Stay safe today all.

• Like 1

10 Reasons To Be Happy If Obama Gets A Second Term

James Delingpole

11/6/12

(Snip)

3. Whoever replaces him after his second terms is going to be really, really good. Not just because the list of candidates is so strong - Paul Ryan, Allen West, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul..... - but because the relief will be so great.

4. America will finally have demonstrated to the world that Obama's electoral success wasn't just about race. It was about stupidity too.

(Snip)

9 At least all the people on welfare are going to be happy. They'll probably celebrate by buying a new flat screen TV. And you don't want to begrudge them their simple, innocent joy, do you? What kind of killjoy Grinch would that make you?

(Snip)

FOREWARNED: Brad Thor: I Have It From A Reliable Source In the Chicago Camp That Obama Plans To Declare Victory Early Tomorrow, In Order to Demoralize Romney Voters. And of course they count on the media. They lie. Ignore them. Get word of mouth out. Tell all your conservative friends and relatives to ignore them too. The answer to this is always “Yeah, Obama voters dominate early voting. And then the conservatives get off work.”

Sarah Hoyt, Instapundit

DARN! Well I guess there's no point in going out to vote.

We were #199 and 200 after our little polling place had been open an hour. About 50 people waiting after us. Wisconsin is expecting a 70% turn out and 545000 people have early voted. And yes, @NCTexan, I can hardly stand it!!!!!

10 Things to Do on Election Night

John Hanlon

After years of campaign coverage and a rough primary, the 2012 presidential election has finally arrived. With such a tight race, the results could go either way. Townhall has conservatives prepared with a list of 10 things to do on election night—no matter who wins.

biggrin.png

Shut The Hell Up and Vote for Romney

Andrew Klavan

It seems to me that many left-wingers confuse good intentions with good outcomes and mistake the feeling of virtue for virtue itself. I hear them say things like, “Well, at least Obama cares,” as if the presidency were not an important job that could be done well or badly. Would they choose to be operated on by a surgeon because he cares or would they prefer one who knew what he was doing and could get the job done? They praise programs for their intent without considering their outcomes or costs. They do not weigh their liberty in the balance of their reason. At their worst, they cherish a sense of themselves as good and generous because they vote for the people who tell them they are good and generous, and hold as hateful those who will not join in praising the emperor’s new clothes.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2012/11/05/shut-the-hell-up-and-vote-for-romney/

Oh yes, Andrew! I wish everybody would read this today.

Early Tea Leaves?

Guy Benson

Nov 06, 2012 10:14 AM EST

Election Day is typically rather frustrating for political junkies because "today's the day!" quickly gives way to "ugh, the polls don't close for hours." In the interim, we latch onto reports of voting disruptions and anecdotal turnout reports, which are promptly spun into broader lessons about what to expect later that night. Most of it amounts to frivolous time-fillers. To help pass the time, let's see if we can examine a few tea leaves as voters head to the polls:

(Snip)

Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet?.....biggrin.png

Judge issuing order to reinstate booted Philadelphia election officials, Republicans say

11/6/12

A Pennsylvania judge is issuing an order to reinstate Republican election officials across Philadelphia who allegedly were ejected or refused entry by on-site Democratic voting chief judges, GOP officials tell Fox News.

One Republican official claimed that "just under 70" Republican election officials were blocked from Philadelphia polling sites Tuesday morning by Democrats on site. One of them, the official claimed, "was shoved out of the polling place."

"For this many inspectors to be ejected from polling places is rare, even for Philadelphia," the official told FoxNews.com.

(Snip)

Oregon elections worker fired after allegations of ballot tampering

11/6/12

An elections worker in Oregon was fired after she was accused of tampering with ballots, in a case that has since been referred to the state's Department of Justice for investigation.

Fox 12 in Oregon reports that Deanna Swenson, who was working part-time in Clackamas County, allegedly voted for Republican candidates on two ballots where voters had left sections blank. County commissioners reportedly claimed they saw her fill in the blanks on Oct. 31.

Oregon Secretary of State Kate Brown on Sunday announced she'll send in a second state elections official to watch over elections in the county.

(Snip)