2012 Presidential Election part 4

Valin

There is another picture of Biden giving the biker chick a massage and then one of Obama being picked up in a very non presidential manner at a pizza place but I can't get image links on pad.

And if that wasn't planned then I guess I am really a democrat. Let's get real. Would the Secret Service let anyone get that close to the president who hadn't been fully vetted?

Plus I read somewhere that the pizza guy had recently visited the white house.

We can never believe what is shown or written about this president in the MSM.

• Like 1

There is another picture of Biden giving the biker chick a massage and then one of Obama being picked up in a very non presidential manner at a pizza place but I can't get image links on pad.

The guy picking up O had to be put on, no one is going to grab the President with the SS standing there, I hate to think of what they would do to someone grabbing him. And well, Biden is just an idiot. I have never seen a group in the White House that acts to undignified and childish

Ok, I have to admit I'm getting nervous now. This should not be this close at this point!

Good! Always run like your ten points behind. I think (or what passes for thinking in my world biggrin.png ) part of the problem is so many people on our side have been saying for some time this is going to be a blowout, that some expected Romney to be up by a large margin. I've never really bought into that meme. Remember no matter what else you or I may think of the Democrats, they are very very good at running a campaign.

I didn't expect him to be up a lot...but I did expect him to be ahead a point or two. This four points behind stuff makes me very, very nervous. AND you are right, very energizing. Lots of work to be done!

Rush: Don’t be fooled by the media trying to dispirit you because nothing has changed since 2010

In particular pat attention to what Rush says about the Polls. Allow me me to paraphrase Rush. The Polls today (and for the next couple of weeks) mean approximately...Diddly Squat.

@nickydog

See the above reply.

My recommendation...don't look at a poll for (at least) the next two weeks.

Or read the headlines or listen to the MSM. However, I did listen to Rush today. smile.png

@nickydog

See the above reply.

My recommendation...don't look at a poll for (at least) the next two weeks.

Or read the headlines or listen to the MSM. However, I did listen to Rush today. smile.png

4-5 months ago I had a bad feeling about Romney's chance of winning and said so, today I'm feeling better. I still think it will be close, but Mitt has a shot...a good shot at winning.

As always we must remember the Republican party has a long history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So as Han Solo said..."Don't get cocky kid."

@pollyannaish @nickydog

Spreading Fear And Despondency

Sarah Hoyt

Recently I’ve been reading the anti-Obama blogsphere, and yesterday it finally got to me.

I have only one question to ask – are you insane?

No, let me add a few other questions: Have you gone completely out of your minds? Do you want to lose? And do you understand fully what a loss would mean?

I hate to say it but I think the answers are yes, yes, yes and no.

I don’t like yelling at people on the right. Like Reagan, I hold on to the idea that there are no enemies on the right. I prefer to make my points in nicer ways. However, there comes a time any good housewife reaches for the broom. It is now time for the broom.

Yesterday at various blogs I read over and over again that the Dem convention gave Obama a big bounce, that he’s winning, that his approval is now over 50%, that their enthusiasm is as high as that of the Republican crowd, that–

And then you look at the polls that caused this “sky is falling” fit. What are those polls? Those polls are, in fact, the same old sh*te. They poll all adults, which you KNOW skews Democrat. They poll registered voters, which you know skews Democrat. They poll with a skew of 4% Democrats over Republicans as though this were still 2008, as if 2010 had never happened.

Then all the people on the right echo these as though they were legitimate and say “oh, but the polls were correct before.”

Really? The polls were correct before? When? The very last polls before the elections, when pollsters try to salvage their reputation? Sometimes. More or less. Kind of. But up till then when something can be got from the propaganda and from seeding despondency on the right, the polls have been insanely skewed.

(Snip)

Rush read aloud part of this on his show today. He said he didn't know who Sarah Hoyt was but she had written the same sorts of things that he was saying as well.

Rush read aloud part of this on his show today. He said he didn't know who Sarah Hoyt was but she had written the same sorts of things that he was saying as well.

I've been predicting the winner of Presidential elections since JFK...based on my gut feeling, I have never been wrong. I'm not ready to come out now, but I'm getting a good feeling.

After reading the latest Ulsterman report posted by @saveliberty, it is horrifying to realize the level of propaganda put out by the left and the media. Maybe it has always been like that. I am new to all this.

After reading the latest Ulsterman report posted by @saveliberty, it is horrifying to realize the level of propaganda put out by the left and the media. Maybe it has always been like that. I am new to all this.

It has, the difference is this is the XXIst century, and the old model is gone. Now the fact checkers are being fact checked.

breitbart_lightbox.jpg

The Obama campaign tells CBS News that former President, Bill Clinton has agreed to campaign for President Barack Obama in the key battleground states of Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada and New Hampshire. He's even agreed to do fundraisers in October.

It's something the Obama campaign needs and they were delighted, CBS News has learned.

A note for those of you who for some strange reason insist on looking at the polls in September.

Ricochet: From Neil Newhouse, the Romney Campaign's Pollster

Peter Robinson

"Don't get too worked up about the latest polling," Neil Newhouse wrote in a memo that the Romney campaign circulated Monday, "While some voters will feel a bit of a sugar-high from the conventions, the basic structure of the race has not changed significantly. The reality of the Obama economy will reassert itself as the ultimate downfall of the Obama Presidency, and Mitt Romney will win this race."

Well, you might very understandably suppose, the Romney pollster would say that. Yet Newhouse continues to make a number of arresting, and encouraging, points. To wit:

(Snip)

The Obama campaign tells CBS News that former President, Bill Clinton has agreed to campaign for President Barack Obama in the key battleground states of Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada and New Hampshire. He's even agreed to do fundraisers in October.

It's something the Obama campaign needs and they were delighted, CBS News has learned.

I guess Forward really means looking Backwards.

Hillary and Aide confer with Obama

kari_hillary.jpg

Meanwhile Bill get's ready to hit the trail.

clinton-grop.jpg

Looking at a "One-Term Proposition"

By Mona Charen - September 11, 2012

The Clinton line, an elaboration of Obama excuse No. 37 for the dismal economy (after the Arab Spring, ATMs, the euro crisis and tomato blight in Mrs. Obama's White House garden), goes like this: The economy was so damaged by George W. Bush-era policies that "no president" could have been expected to do better than the record-high poverty, staggering unemployment, shrinking workforce participation, anemic growth and gargantuan debt over which Barack Obama has presided.

We're asked to believe that the Obama administration knew all along that things would take longer than four years to improve. "I never said this journey would be easy," the president claimed in Charlotte. On the contrary, the president stated explicitly on Feb. 1, 2009, that if he failed to get the economy turned around in three years, he would be looking at a "one-term proposition."

If the Obama administration knew from the start that the so-called "hole" left by the previous administration was too deep to climb out of in one term, why did they repeatedly claim that the recovery was at hand? "Recovery Summer," the White House website promised, would begin in June 2010.

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner authored a New York Times op-ed in August 2010 proclaiming "Welcome to the Recovery." Scissors-32x32.png read more http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/11/bill_clintons_fairy_tale_115393.html

So you think the visit to the pizza shop and hug from the owner (Scott Van Duzer) was spontaneous and random?

Local philanthropist Scott Van Duzer and his team of St. Lucie County Boys and Girls Club members braved temperatures in the upper 80s Tuesday, pedaling through Port St. Lucie and Fort Pierce during the second day of their monthlong, 1,000-mile Washington D.C. bicycle trip to raise blood donation awareness.

The team launched its Be a Hero Bicycle Tour on Monday from Florida's Blood Centers' Lake Park office in Palm Beach. The caravan, which includes several adult riders, four youth club members and a 38-foot camper, made a stop at a Martin County Boys and Girls Club before holding two blood drives at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center and Big Apple Pizza in Fort Pierce. The four youth riders informed more than 100 fellow club members of the importance of becoming lifelong donors once they are eligible.

"They were excited to see us and had a lot of questions for us,"said Fort Pierce Infinity Teen Center member Joseph Noble, 17. Noble said his mother needed a blood transfusion after the traumatic delivery of his older sister, three years before his birth. The teen plans to share his story with other children during scheduled stops along the way.

Van Duzer said his team is confirmed to meet with the U.S. Surgeon General on July 11 in Washington D.C. He added the deputy surgeon general will ride the last 50 miles with the team.

"Someone needs blood every two seconds. Forty-four thousand people have to donate every day to meet the need," Van Duzer said.

The four youth riders hope word of the trip spreads to the White House.

"President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, we're coming to see you," said Ken Pruitt Unit member Cody Hatt, 14. "First Lady Michelle is big on health and if she sees we're trying to promote awareness in our generation, she might get involved."

LINK

H/T Gateway Pundit

Why Election Day is around the corner, even if Nov. 6 isn't

With 32 states plus the District of Columbia allowing in-person early voting, the Obama and Romney campaigns are deep into their early-voting strategies.

By Linda Feldmann, Staff writer / September 11, 2012

Washington

Feeling as if Election Day is just around the corner? That’s because in some states, it is.

In-person early voting starts later this month in several states, including the toss-up state of Iowa, where the polls open Sept. 27.

In October, more states join in, including Ohio – one of the most important battlegrounds of all. Voting there starts on Oct. 2, before even the first presidential debate on Oct. 3. Polls in two more swing states, Nevada and Colorado, open Oct. 20 and 22, respectively. In Florida, the decisive state in 2000, voting starts on Oct. 27.

Overall, 32 states plus the District of Columbia allow in-person early voting. All states allow absentee voting, and 27 plus D.C. don’t require an excuse. Two states, Oregon and Washington, conduct elections by mail.

Bottom line: More than ever, the idea that campaigns are aiming for the first Tuesday in November – this year, Nov. 6 – is a thing of the past.Scissors-32x32.png read more http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0911/Why-Election-Day-is-around-the-corner-even-if-Nov.-6-isn-t

There was another political party which abused God and didn’t want Jews on their platform either [Reader Post]

By: DrJohn

obama-heil.jpg

It happened about 80 years ago. In Germany.

Sensing the political firestorm coming, democrats scrambled to insert God and Jerusalem back into their platform, having intially rejecting them.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Needled by Mitt Romney and other Republicans, Democrats hurriedly rewrote their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare Jerusalem the capital of Israel after President Barack Obama intervened to order the changes.

The embarrassing reversal was compounded by chaos and uncertainty on the convention floor, requiring three votes before a ruling that the amendments had been approved. Many in the audience booed the decision.

The episode exposed tensions on Israel within the party, put Democrats on Scissors-32x32.png read more http://floppingaces....er-reader-post/

• Like 1

11 years on, can after-election Obama flexibility be trusted to keep us safe?

By: Mike gamecock DeVine (Diary) | September 11th, 2012 at 12:03 PM | 4

RESIZE: AAA

Yes, Osama bin Laden was killed under President Barack Obama’s watch, but does anyone think his presence as Commander-in-Chief deters any terrorist organization, state terror sponsors or even Russia?

twin-towers280_436781a-150x150.jpg

As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time – “particularly with missile defense” – until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.

“I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

“This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.

“I will transmit this information to Vladimir,” said Medvedev, Putin’s protégé and long considered number two in Moscow’s power structure. Scissors-32x32.png Read more http://www.redstate.com/gamecock/2012/09/11/eleven-years-on-do-you-trust-obama-to-keep-us-safe-with-after-election-flexibility/

It has been bad since the Nixon Administration. At that point, the media decided that it was powerful.

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule

The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and Mitt Romney. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.

Tickets for the 2012 general election debates are controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and are extremely limited since the debates are primarily produced for television. The majority of tickets are distributed to host university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media. Please contact the individual colleges hosting the debates for specific ticketing information.

All debates will be streamed live online. Check back here for live stream links

October 3, 2012

Obama/Romney Topic: Domestic policy

Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time

Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates

Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney

Moderator: Jim Lehrer (Host of NewsHour on PBS)

The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the topic.

October 11, 2012

Vice Presidential

Joe Biden and Paul Ryan Topic: Foreign and domestic policy

Participants: Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan

Moderator: Martha Raddatz (ABC News Chief Foreign Correspondent)

The debate will cover both foreign and domestic topics and be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the question.

October 16, 2012

Obama/Romney Topic: Town meeting format including foreign and domestic policy

Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

October 22, 2012

Obama/Romney Topic: Foreign policy

Moderator: Bob Schieffer (Host of Face the Nation on CBS)

The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate and will focus on foreign policy.