Primary 2012

Rheo

After reading his statements regarding Iran recently, he may already have some. wink.png

Vests must be comfortable or he buys in bulk. I do not want to see him without a shirt on.biggrin.png

I loved what he had to say. The endorsement isn't an issue for me. He gets it.

Maybe Santorum will use a MegaDeath song. Give him some grit. biggrin.png

I wish Rick would ditch his ever-present sweater vest...

santorum-vest.jpg

It does not give him "gravitas" or the "grit" that Rheo feels he needs.

I don't get the sweater vest thing either. Why not just a button up shirt?

Maybe he's trying to out-Urkel our current Urkel-in-Chief in his Mom jeans.

tumblr_ls0s1qOYRE1qhughh.jpg

I loved what he had to say. The endorsement isn't an issue for me. He gets it.

Maybe Santorum will use a MegaDeath song. Give him some grit. biggrin.png

I wish Rick would ditch his ever-present sweater vest...

santorum-vest.jpg

It does not give him "gravitas" or the "grit" that Rheo feels he needs.

It's sort of Nerd chic kind of thing

Ok Rick, lose the sweater vests. Mitt untuck your shirt. And Newt cut down on the hairspray.

Sometimes, I really, really miss this:

georgelaurabushgettyimgs.jpg

15.jpg

righteousmomma

AT LAST

The truth is finally being told about shudder Rick Santorum.

What can I say, except he's your worse nightmare come to life.

Valin, ya got me for a minute.

AT LAST

The truth is finally being told about shudder Rick Santorum.

What can I say, except he's your worse nightmare come to life.

Valin, ya got me for a minute.

It really is quite astounding isn't it.

FYI

Santorum to speak at Hillsdale, other candidates invited

Marieke van der Vaart

February 15, 2012

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum will speak on campus Monday night, Hillsdale College administrators and representatives from his campaign confirmed.

Students have also invited Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney to speak at what could be the college’s first presidential candidate symposium. At press time, their campaigns had not committed to the event.

Santorum said he was looking forward to visiting Hillsdale to participate in the forum.

“I am excited to share my vision for a brighter America, and the life experiences that have helped shape those positions,” Santorum said.

(Snip)

I hope the other candidates avail themselves of this opportunity.

I am assuming Ricks talk (and others if they choose to speak here) will make it to the web.

H/T The Corner

Aping Rush Limbaugh's 'Operation Chaos,' Daily Kos Announces 'Operation Hilarity' to Vote for Santorum

Please revisit all the liberals who called Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" effort urging conservatives to vote for Hillary Clinton "undemocratic" and worse. Because Daily Kos blog boss Markos Moulitsas announced on Wednesday "Operation Hilarity," urging liberals to turn out and vote for Rick Santorum to "keep the GOP clown show going!"

"Rush Limbaugh and his ilk have had no problem meddling in our own contests. And if there's one thing Daily Kos is about, it's about fighting fire with fire," he wrote. "And in any case, it's freaking hilarious. I mean, Rick Santorum? Really? The Republicans have offered up this big, slow, juicy softball. Let's have fun whacking the heck out of it." They're even raising funds for Facebook ads. He writes:Scissors-32x32.png

Mitt Romney bowing out of GA GOP debate?

Scissors-32x32.png

Chris Kelleher, from the Georgia Republican Party’s Communications team told us he has heard the same reports, but nothing has been communicated to the GA GOP. And if it’s true? “It’s a shame the votes of Georgia and Ohio, who have the biggest delegations at the convention, won’t get to hear from him,” he said.

Scissors-32x32.png

UPDATE: As per Sarah Boxer from CBS New Jersey, neither Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum will be participating in the March 1 debate.

The March 1 CNN debate is now cancelled as Ron Paul will not attend as well.

A debate is not a debate this year without the crazy old guy.

Mitt Romney bowing out of GA GOP debate?

Scissors-32x32.png

Chris Kelleher, from the Georgia Republican Party’s Communications team told us he has heard the same reports, but nothing has been communicated to the GA GOP. And if it’s true? “It’s a shame the votes of Georgia and Ohio, who have the biggest delegations at the convention, won’t get to hear from him,” he said.

Scissors-32x32.png

UPDATE: As per Sarah Boxer from CBS New Jersey, neither Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum will be participating in the March 1 debate.

I think Newt should show up anyway, and debate empty podiums.

• Like 1

Santorum stands by opposition to auto bailouts in visit to Detroit

Rick Santorum stood by his opposition to the auto industry bailouts Thursday as he made a pitch to Michigan voters at the Detroit Economic Club.

"If we had just stayed out of it completely and let the market work, I believe the market would've worked," Santorum said, adding that if the industry had just been left alone, it would've been "alive, and I believe, better."

Santorum also drew a contrast with rival Mitt Romney, who he said opposed the auto bailouts while supporting the rescue of Wall Street.

"My feeling was that the government should not be in support of bailouts, period," Santorum said.

Scissors-32x32.png

In honor of Whitney Houston, Gov. Christie ordering flags flown at half-staff in N.J.

Published: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 5:27 PM Updated: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 5:42 PM

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign an executive order requesting flags on public buildings in New Jersey to fly at half-staff on the day of Jersey native Whitney Houston's funeral.

"Whitney Houston was an important part of the cultural fabric of this state," Christie said during a press briefing today. "She was a cultural icon in this state and her accomplishments in her life were a source of great pride for many people in this state and for this state as a whole. On that basis, I think she's entitled to have that recognition made for her."

Christie said he will sign the order later this week, when the pop star's family makes a final decision on when the funeral will be.

Well I know she was a great singer But what about those who gave all for there country, who had a one line paragraph (U. S Soldier in the service of OUR country who died) in the local news paper.huh.png

WestVirginiaRebel

CNN cancels GOP debate after Romney and Paul drop out

CNN has canceled a Republican presidential primary debate scheduled for March 1 in Atlanta after Mitt Romney and Ron Paul said Thursday they would not participate.

"Mitt Romney and Ron Paul told the Georgia Republican Party, Ohio Republican Party and CNN Thursday that they will not participate in the March 1 Republican presidential primary debate," CNN said in a statement. "Without full participation of all four candidates, CNN will not move forward with the Super Tuesday debate. However, next week, CNN and the Arizona Republican Party will host all four leading contenders for the GOP nomination. That debate will be held in Mesa, Arizona on February 22 and will be moderated by CNN's John King."

"With eight other states voting on March 6," Andrea Saul, spokeswoman for Romney, told the National Journal. "We will be campaigning in other parts of the country and unable to schedule the CNN Georgia debate. We have participated in 20 debates, including eight from CNN."

The Paul campaign also declined the invitation. Newt Gingrich was the only candidate that had been confirmed for the March 1 debate.

Apparently nobody will be going to the candidates' debate.

Romney: Rombo ad is "most negative ad I've seen"

(Snip)

"He was the first person in the campaign to run negative ads, attacking me. He did that through his campaign in South Carolina, his PAC also ran negative ads against me, and then he's got the most negative ad I've seen, so far -- the one attacking me for attacking him.

(Snip)

Romney complaining about negatives ads. LMFAO.gif