Primary 2012

Rheo

Koch Brothers Rips Obama And His Allies: “Trying To Intimidate And Silence Those Who Disagree With Them”…

Responding more aggressively than in the past, Koch Industries’ political arm on Friday accused President Barack Obama and his allies of “trying to intimidate into silence those who may disagree with them.”

The statement came in response to comments this week by the Obama campaign and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi that cited Koch political activities among the explanations for Obama’s relaxation of his objection to super PACs.

Philip Ellender, president and COO of Government and Public Affairs for Koch Companies Public Sector LLC said in the statement:

“Apparently, the President and his allies do not want to lose that perceived fundraising advantage during the 2012 Presidential campaign, and are trying to intimidate into silence those who may disagree with them and who may decide to support other candidates.”Scissors-32x32.png

Ha. We were just testing out the facebook connect option. If you have a facebook account you can optionally sync info.. Also now we think the little facebook icon at the bottom of the topic page will let you make a post of a topic to your facebook wall with a graphic and a link back here.

Ha??? Really, that is the first word that came to mind? laugh.png

Ha. We were just testing out the facebook connect option. If you have a facebook account you can optionally sync info.. Also now we think the little facebook icon at the bottom of the topic page will let you make a post of a topic to your facebook wall with a graphic and a link back here.

Ha??? Really, that is the first word that came to mind? laugh.png

It's guy talk for "yep, and you can't have her."

• Like 1

Hmmm: Andrew Breitbart At CPAC, “I Have Videos” of Obama From His College Day…

Andrew Breitbart took the podium at CPAC Friday afternoon, introduced to the stage with Rage Against The Machine’s Guerilla Radio, and revealed to the audience he had “videos” of Barack Obama from his college days.

“I have videos, this election we’re going to vet him,” Breitbart disclosed to raucous applause. “We are going to vet him from his college days to show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what hope and change was sold in 2008.”

Hot Air: Laying the blame before anything is lost

Jazz Shaw

2/10/12

There have been some disturbing trends popping up among prominent (and normally cheerful) conservatives lately, with a couple of notable examples cropping up right in the middle of CPAC. I noted the following piece by William Jacobson, titled laying the blame. In it, he appears to take exception with an equally dismal outlook coming from Powerline. First, Hinderaker......

(Snip)

On the plus side, he does allow that he’s not writing the election off. I’ve said on any number of occasions that this election isn’t going to be a walk in the park, and yes, the reality is that Obama may wind up winning. This will depend on many factors, some of which are simply beyond anyone’s control. The economy, employment numbers and how much money the President’s team is able to raise will all play a part, as well as the GOP’s ability to field the best ticket possible. But his record is absolutely nothing to brag about, and if his approval numbers don’t reliably climb back above fifty and stay there through the summer, Obama’s prospects are anything but certain.

So, hey… buck up soldiers! Let’s take a moment and get some inspiration from Brother Bluto. (NSFW language warning)

Hmmm: Andrew Breitbart At CPAC, “I Have Videos” of Obama From His College Day…

Andrew Breitbart took the podium at CPAC Friday afternoon, introduced to the stage with Rage Against The Machine’s Guerilla Radio, and revealed to the audience he had “videos” of Barack Obama from his college days.

“I have videos, this election we’re going to vet him,” Breitbart disclosed to raucous applause. “We are going to vet him from his college days to show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what hope and change was sold in 2008.”

You know if Andrew is not careful people on the left will not like him, and may even say bad things about him.

Three men walked into the bar. A Republican, a Democrate and an Independent. The bar tender said, Hi! Mitt.

just had to post this while it was on my mind.

Three men walked into the bar. A Republican, a Democrate and an Independent. The bar tender said, Hi! Mitt.

just had to post this while it was on my mind.

To be funny, a joke has to have an element of truth in it. Which must be why I laughed.

In 2008 he won with 52%. This year he only beat Ron Paul by 3% and the other two nominees didn't even campaign in the state. If I were in the Romney campaign, the Maine results would concern me even more than Colorado.

Who campaigned there?

Romney's son and Ron Paul did in 2008. Just Romney and Paul did in 2011.

Good interview. Are any of the candidates listening? We want to hear their plans for America. Articulated by them. Not just published by others on their websites. The first candidate who can do that with regularity will leap ahead in the race and win the primary.

Good interview. Are any of the candidates listening? We want to hear their plans for America. Articulated by them. Not just published by others on their websites. The first candidate who can do that with regularity will leap ahead in the race and win the primary.

Agree.

Agree.

Yep.

Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment

Article from The Patriot Post

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to a Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association, 1802

WestVirginiaRebel

Santorum’s Turn

Gingrich’s verbal and intellectual talents should make him a resource for any future Republican president. But it would be a grave mistake for the party to make someone with such poor judgment and persistent unpopularity its presidential nominee. It is not clear whether Gingrich remains in the race because he still believes he could become president next year or because he wants to avenge his wounded pride: an ambiguity that suggests the problem with him as a leader. When he led Santorum in the polls, he urged the Pennsylvanian to leave the race. On his own arguments the proper course for him now is to endorse Santorum and exit.

A brokered convention: Jeb Bush vs. Sarah Palin

This race could well go to a brokered convention. If Jeb Bush is proposed, so Sarah Palin should be minutes later. She is now and always has been the singular Jacksonian voice in the original Tea Party phenomenon; the only one who can bring it to the mainstream. Her absence from the primary race has left a vacuum and no substitute has been found. Every other possible or potential leadership hopeful has risen and receded in this long Republican primary season… Perry won [the Texas gubernatorial race] in a landslide. But why would the Bush establishment pull out all the stops to support Hutchison, who was sure to lose? Because they saw a new conservative movement building with Perry and Palin and were determined early on to stamp it out. They still are. Bush/Christie or Christie/ Bush as “establishment” representation is bound to bring muffled chuckles (“Hey Abbott!!!”) and Obama would win in a landslide. But Bush/Christie vs. Sarah Palin/Rick Perry positions coming head to head at the Republican Convention would pit the storied worlds of Dexter and Paulie Walnuts; the most notoriously corrupt, burned-out, busted-up, used-up, dangerous, underwater and broke Eastern states, against the new, independent, states-oriented, freedom-seeking constitutional conservatives like Palin of the Western states, Texas and Alaska. Now that would be interesting.

n36407504_31735415_1766.jpg