Primary 2012

Rheo

Free Speech for me...but not for thee.

I am coming around to the thought that the Occupy movement want violence to break out. Then the MSM will come to the occupy's defense, and accuse the GOP of promoting violence.

I am coming around to the thought that the Occupy movement want violence to break out. Then the MSM will come to the occupy's defense, and accuse the GOP of promoting violence.

Actually, I thought that whole thing worked pretty well for Santorum. Not only did he get his message across, but the occupy/democrat crowd came across looking juvenile and useless. The news guy came out looking worst for his idiotic comments about how the Santorum campaign needed a better response.

Actually, I thought that whole thing worked pretty well for Santorum. Not only did he get his message across, but the occupy/democrat crowd came across looking juvenile and useless. The news guy came out looking worst for his idiotic comments about how the Santorum campaign needed a better response.

You think it might have something to do with them actually being juvenile and useless?

This is the left in action. By the time election day comes around, we are all going to be so damn bored with this kind of crap.

Here's Romney's Plan To Take Out Santorum

A brutal, two-front attack from the campaign and the SuperPAC. “The expectation is that Santorum, just given his personality, is going to whine like crazy,” said a Romney advisor

2/14/12

Mitt Romney's campaign — and its slashing Super PAC — are locking their sights on Rick Santorum for a campaign that may make previous attacks on Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich look like mere love taps.

In an interview with BuzzFeed, a Romney advisor offered details of the campaign's coming two-front attack, which the campaign expects will be echoed by the Super PAC, which cannot legally coordinate its message, but which has already bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of airtime in key states.

(Snip)

Romney, who allowed Restore our Future to do his negative work in Iowa, has long since given up any apparent worry that voters will react badly to negativity, and complains of unfair attacks don't seem likely to deter him here.

(Snip)

Hey here comes Mr. Positive, giving us just one more reason to vote for him...he can tear down and trash other Republicans!

Pressure mounting for GOP caucus reconsideration

Eric Russell

Feb. 14, 2012

AUGUSTA, Maine — Pressure is on the Maine Republican Party to reconsider its weekend declaration that Mitt Romney won the state’s caucuses.

The Maine GOP announced Saturday that Romney narrowly edged Ron Paul, 39 percent to 36 percent, in a nonbinding presidential preference poll taken during the caucuses. The margin was fewer than 200 votes.

A number of communities were not included in that poll because they had not held their caucuses in time. Washington County Republicans postponed their caucuses, originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, because of a pending snowstorm and will now meet this Saturday. Other communities across the states also have caucuses scheduled for this weekend and later this month.

All along, state GOP officials said communities knew that their votes would not be included in the final results if they did not hold their caucus by Feb. 11.

(Snip)

righteousmomma

I am not taking sides on this latest Romney source -- all I am saying is consider the source.

Buzzfeed= Huffington Post connections

Ben Smith formerly of politico is now editor in chief. Just saying consider the source and the tweaks of writers and editors and the motives.

and their latest hire I am not too sure about:

Thanks to wiki:

"On Howard Kurtz’s Reliable Sources yesterday, political video prodigy Andrew Kaczynski announced he will be joining Ben Smith‘s team at BuzzFeed, beginning January 1.

A 22 year-old history student at St. John’s University, Mr. Kaczynski is as cubby as they come. But he’s already made a name for himself on the 2012 campaign beat with unseen video footage of primary candidates spouting hypocritical views, which he digs out of C-SPAN’s massive online archive......

He unearthed a clip of Newt Gingrich supporting a health insurance mandate alongside Hilary Clinton and a choice pot-meet-kettle moment in which Mitt Romney decried John Kerry‘s flip-flopping, among others. The videos have caught the attention of attention of reporters for The New York Times, Fox News, and The Huffington Post.

As has Mr. Kaczynski. Slate political columnist Dave Weigel called him “the Oppenheimer of archival video research.”"

WestVirginiaRebel

Judges: April primary nearly impossible in Texas

Delegate-rich Texas was originally scheduled to be a part of next month's slate of Super Tuesday primaries, but the redistricting clash forced the state to reschedule its contest to April 3. With that date now all but dead too, elections workers who squeezed into a packed San Antonio courtroom Tuesday advocated a new date of May 22, which could be long after Republicans settle on a nominee to face President Barack Obama.

One judge questioned whether the election shouldn't even be pushed into the summer, and another said he was losing patience with a stalemate that has kept the state's election calendar in limbo.

Despite court-ordered negotiations, the Texas attorney general and minority rights groups suing the state have been unable to compromise for weeks on temporary voting maps for the 2012 elections. On some maps, only one disputed district stands in the way of a deal.

Pointing a finger at the table of minority rights lawyers, U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia sternly ordered both sides to return to court Wednesday with at least an agreement on the state Senate boundaries.

"The Senate—get it done," Garcia said.

The hearing was then abruptly adjourned.

Picking a new primary date won't be so quickly solved. Garcia and the other two judges on the panel have not yet officially canceled the scheduled April 3 primary, but that's a mere formality.

Brace Yourself for the Santorum Smears

A poll released Monday by Public Policy Polling shows Senator Rick Santorum 15% ahead of Governor Mitt Romney for the February 28 Michigan Republican presidential primary. This echoes another poll released Sunday by the Pew Research Center, which shows Santorum leading Romney by 2% nationally. Should Santorum win the Michigan primary, and possibly the Arizona primary held the same day, not only could Santorum match Romney's delegate count, but Santorum will have beaten Romney in Romney's native state of Michigan. That in turn will show the fragility of Romney's standing among Republicans, blowing the Republican presidential primary race wide open yet again.

The punditocracy is expecting things to get dirty between moderate Romney and socially conservative Santorum, but what else is new? Romney has orchestrated negative campaigning against other Republican candidates for months. In fact, it was Romney's negative ads in Iowa that turned Newt Gingrich from a standard GOP candidate into a "payback time" candidate, bent on revenge.

As Santorum has become the frontrunner for the GOP nomination, we can expect to see a wave of negative ad hominem attacks against him not only from competing Republicans, but also from the media, academia, Hollywood, and every other liberal in America. It will probably get very ugly.

See, it's OK to have policies that coincide with Ronald Reagan's other two stool legs, specifically fiscally conservative policies and conservative approaches to national security issues. That's pretty standard. But if a candidate makes a convincing case not only that he is a social conservative, but also that he has a good chance of getting elected president, then that candidate can expect an avalanche of personal attacks and vitriol. To put it another way, Rick Santorum is sitting on a volcano of criticism, and it is about to blow.

In fact, the ash cloud beneath Rick Santorum is just now becoming visible. Recall that only a few weeks ago Santorum was ridiculed for bringing his dead son's body home from the hospital in 2006, allegedly "playing with it for a couple hours so his other children would know that the child was real."

To his credit, Alan Colmes later apologized for his cruel comments, but following Santorum's later sweep of the Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri contests on February 7, Santorum criticism has increased, and not just on his political positions. In fact, the criticism is mostly personal.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/brace_yourself_for_the_santorum_smears.html

@Geee

I'm shocked, who knew Romney had a smear machine?

Now if he would only tell me why I should support him...other than he loves America, has 5 children, and it's his turn, and you don't want Ann Coulter to say bad things about you...I mean.

I know everyone keeps putting Romney in the 'it's his turn' category, but somehow I can't place him there. I always think of that as someone like Dole or McCain who have put their time in as a Washington insider.

How is it the Romney hasn't figured out that voters want to hear what HE stands for? He's just like his inner circle friends. Absolutely tone deaf to where voters stand right now. If he really does go full negative yet again, watch his numbers dive to single digits.

(The Hill) — Rick Santorum continued to lambaste President Obama’s healthcare policy during a Tuesday night campaign stop in Boise, Idaho, labeling members of the administration as “elite snobs.”

“They don’t believe you can make these decisions,” Sanatorium said to a packed high school auditorium. “They need to makes these decisions for you because if you were left to make decisions you will obviously jump off a cliff. Don’t you see how they see you? How they look down their nose at the average American — these elite snobs.”

How is it the Romney hasn't figured out that voters want to hear what HE stands for?

There are those who would say, there is a very good reason he doesn't.

Interview: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine talks guitar, politics and today's music

Scissors-32x32.png

"I'm just hoping that whatever is in the White House next year is a Republican. I can't bear to watch what's happened to our great country. Everybody's got their head in the sand. Everybody in the industry is like, 'Oh, Obama's doing such a great job...' I don't think so. Not from what I see.

"Looking at the Republican candidates, I've got to tell you, I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney's five boys have a $100 million trust fund. Where does a guy make that much money? So there's some questions there. And watching Newt Gingrich, I was pretty excited for a while, but now he's just gone back to being that person that everybody said he was – that angry little man. I still like him, but I don't think I'd vote for him.

"Ron Paul… you know, I heard somebody say he was like insecticide – 98 percent of it's inert gases, but it's the two percent that's left that will kill you. What that means is that he'll make total sense for a while, and then he'll say something so way out that it negates everything else. I like the guy because he knows how to excite the youth of America and fill them in on some things. But when he says that we're like the Taliban… I'm sorry, Congressman Paul, but I'm nothing like the Taliban.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable. Also, just watching how he hasn't gotten into doing these horrible, horrible attack ads like Mitt Romney's done against Newt Gingrich, and then the volume at which Newt has gone back at Romney… You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."Scissors-32x32.png

I loved what he had to say. The endorsement isn't an issue for me. He gets it.

Maybe Santorum will use a MegaDeath song. Give him some grit. biggrin.png

Santorum: North Dakota could be terrorist target

Rick Santorum warned a crowd in North Dakota that terrorists could target the state's oil industry.

"Folks, you've got energy here. They're going to bother you. They'll bother you, because you are a very key and strategic resource for this country," the former Pennsylvania senator said, according to CNN. "No one is safe. No one is safe from asymmetric threats of terrorism."

Santorum implied that Iran could be responsible for future attacks, emboldened by obtaining a nuclear weapon.

"That's what Iran will be all about unless we stop them from getting that nuclear weapon," Santorum said.

Santorum has hammered the potential threat of a nuclear Iran in recent weeks on the campaign trail, telling a crowd in Missouri earlier this month that they would not be safe from a nuclear attack.

“Once they have a nuclear weapon, let me assure you, you will not be safe, even here in Missouri,” Santorum said. “These are folks who have been and are at war with us since 1979. This is a country that has killed more troops in Afghanistan and Iraq than the Iraqis and Afghans.”Scissors-32x32.png

I loved what he had to say. The endorsement isn't an issue for me. He gets it.

Maybe Santorum will use a MegaDeath song. Give him some grit. biggrin.png

I wish Rick would ditch his ever-present sweater vest...

santorum-vest.jpg

It does not give him "gravitas" or the "grit" that Rheo feels he needs.

Is this enough "grit" for you Rheo?

Putin+Homo+2.jpg

... or is CV gritty enough for you?