Primary 2012

Rheo

Chamber drops $10 million on ads in 20 races

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is going on the air with $10 million in ads supporting pro-business congressional candidates and opposing their rivals.

The Chamber will target 12 House races and eight Senate contests.

Some of the spots are negative ads targeting Democrats including Rep. Tammy Baldwin (Wis.), Sen. Claire McCaskill (Mo.), Sen. Jon Tester (Mont.) and former Gov. Tim Kaine (Va.), who is running for Senate in Virginia.

Others will be positive spots lauding candidates for their achievements in creating jobs, promoting tourism and backing free-enterprise principles. Those ads will promote candidates including Sen. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.), Rep. Rick Berg (R-N.D.), Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.), Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and former Gov. Linda Lingle (R-Hawaii), who is running for Senate.Scissors-32x32.png

How Romney can start to energize conservatives

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

Mitt Romney wants to be the next president of a country in need of serious and sweeping economic reform. And here are the first two points in his 59-point economic plan:

1. Maintain current tax rates on personal income

2. Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains

Now imagine private-equity boss Romney back at Bain Capital sitting down to read his team’s 59-point turnaround plan for some troubled widget maker. And imagine if the first two action items started with the phrase “Maintain current ….”(Snip)

I think we can see why Romney never get detailed about his plan....Talk about Bold...far reaching...radical....moderate

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

Mitt Romney wants to be the next president of a country in need of serious and sweeping economic reform. And here are the first two points in his 59-point economic plan:

Now imagine private-equity boss Romney back at Bain Capital sitting down to read his team’s 59-point turnaround plan for some troubled widget maker. And imagine if the first two action items started with the phrase “Maintain current ….”(Snip)

I think we can see why Romney never get detailed about his plan....Talk about Bold...far reaching...radical....moderate

That is an excellent article. I truly would like to see Romney start to focus on articulating his...his...one more time...his plans on fixing America. He seems to spend most of his time and money on telling me why I shouldn't vote for Santorum or Gingrich.

I had a great ride with a hotel van driver last night. He's an old man, purebred resident of Mississippi, teaches Bible study at his church and has no problem explaining the importance of morals and integrity. I asked him what he thought of the Republican field. He said, "I want someone who will fight for me and what I believe in. I believe in this country and hard work. I believe in taking a stand. I don't believe in getting ahead by tearing others down. I want our candidates to stop trashing each other and start telling me why I should vote for them." I think a majority of republicans share his opinion at this point.

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

That is an excellent article. I truly would like to see Romney start to focus on articulating his...his...one more time...his plans on fixing America. He seems to spend most of his time and money on telling me why I shouldn't vote for Santorum or Gingrich.

I had a great ride with a hotel van driver last night. He's an old man, purebred resident of Mississippi, teaches Bible study at his church and has no problem explaining the importance of morals and integrity. I asked him what he thought of the Republican field. He said, "I want someone who will fight for me and what I believe in. I believe in this country and hard work. I believe in taking a stand. I don't believe in getting ahead by tearing others down. I want our candidates to stop trashing each other and start telling me why I should vote for them." I think a majority of republicans share his opinion at this point.

Here we see Romney's basic problem. He really hasn't gave people a reason to vote for him. At least I have not seen it. A well funded large campaign with a lot of endorsements is not a good reason.

One of the reasons I am a Gingrich supporter is he has given me a reason to vote for him...warts and all.

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

Someone from Fox Business this morning said basically the same thing. The said he has excellent plans if you read them on his website and why he doesn't concentrate on them they can't figure out.

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

James Pethokoukis

February 8, 2012

Someone from Fox Business this morning said basically the same thing. The said he has excellent plans if you read them on his website and why he doesn't concentrate on them they can't figure out.

An excellent plan? Let Mr. Positive defend these. Yeah that'll work.

How Romney can start to energize conservatives James Pethokoukis February 8, 2012 Mitt Romney wants to be the next president of a country in need of serious and sweeping economic reform. And here are the first two points in his 59-point economic plan: 1. Maintain current tax rates on personal income 2. Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains Now imagine private-equity boss Romney back at Bain Capital sitting down to read his team’s 59-point turnaround plan for some troubled widget maker. And imagine if the first two action items started with the phrase “Maintain current ….”(Snip) I think we can see why Romney never get detailed about his plan....Talk about Bold...far reaching...radical....moderate

Well, I think that's a bit disingenuous. I had some time to download the PDF of his 87 page "detailed plans" if he becomes president.

First of all the PRELIMINARY to the tax plan that you cut short is ACTUALLY:

INDIVIDUAL TAXES

.Maintain marginal rates at current levels

.Further reduce taxes on savings on investment

.Eliminate the death tax

.Long-term goal: pursue a flatter, fairer, simpler structure

CORPORATE TAXES

.Lower the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent

.Transition to a "territorial" tax system

So it is a bit more forward looking than you portrayed it.

I do not have a horse in this race yet, but after reading his website I am perfectly comfortable if it should be Romney.

All The Correct People hate Rick Santorum

This is supposed to be some sort of bad thing.

Also just in case you didn't know

You are a hate fill person

The New Yorker says so...and that's that!

That first article was an interesting read. And yeah, if those are Rick's enemies, he must be on the right track. I thought the last paragraph is very accurate..."

In the next couple of weeks, the Romney campaign will doubtless coördinate an attack on Santorum’s record, which includes lucrative spells as a corporate lobbyist and consultant, aiming at doing to him what it did to Gingrich in Florida. The manner in which Santorum handles these attacks, and how he fares in Michigan, will determine his fate."

Two comments to that...yeah Romney's apparently only path to the nomination is getting old. And if Santorum handles the incoming nuclear barrage better than Newt (is it even possible to handle it worse) he could probably win this thing.

DENVER (AP) — The college student accused of "glitter bombing" Mitt Romney after the Colorado caucuses has been fired from his unpaid internship with state Senate Democrats.

DENVER (AP) — The college student accused of "glitter bombing" Mitt Romney after the Colorado caucuses has been fired from his unpaid internship with state Senate Democrats.

More Here

applause.gif

Who's the hot chick in Rheo's avatar?

Edited by Rokke
It was there for a second. Now it's gone. Or maybe I'm just seeing things.

Ha. We were just testing out the facebook connect option. If you have a facebook account you can optionally sync info.. Also now we think the little facebook icon at the bottom of the topic page will let you make a post of a topic to your facebook wall with a graphic and a link back here.

Wingwoman and test subject for the cause!

If you set the FB setting in your profile, it will pull up that picture....if you go back and unclick it...it doesn't take it away, you have to reload your avatar.

Calgon, take me away.tongue.png