Coffee Shop

Rheo

Geee, nickydog

I am detecting something else to put on my (ever lengthening) Hot Button list.

Not sure what this mean but from CGP (Note Laura is a HARD core leftist

" Originally Posted by Laura Schneider

I do think we are responsible to a degree for the superficial world that politics and media create these days. Some of it is because WE have become superficial and lazy and demand immediate gratification without be willing to make hard choices, etc. But some of it is because capitalism and corporatism have taken over information by making all media bottom-line accountable profit centers FIRST, then journalists, second -- if, indeed, journalism enters into the mix at all (I'm speaking traditional journalistic ethics, here).

When you have journalists that prefer to report on polls (what people are thinking -- or "what is trending" and popular now) rather than real information requiring real investigations, facts and serious analysis, and when that type of "tabloid journalism" sells and makes media owners very wealthy, it is setting up a system that is rife with corruption.

The plastic candidate is the result of political consultants and "handlers" taking over the process in response to tabloid journalism. The more it sells, the more everyone in the process makes, and the less is really serves the public good. While we are distracted with all the salacious garbage that tabloid journalism is churning out, the real power struggle is being conducted behind the scenes by the real power brokers. And the average American has very little input into that process."

Bernard Goldberg: A New Entry for 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America

snip

If I were updating the book now, in 2012, there’d be a lot of contenders for the list – almost everybody on MSNBC, for example – but no one would deserve to be there more than the new Democratic National Chair … Debbie Wasserman Shultz. She would make the list – maybe even topping it at number one – if for no other reason than she’s breathtakingly obnoxious. Every time she opens her mouth, you have to figure that it’s a vote for some Republican – ANY Republican. What were the Democrats thinking when they picked her as the face and voice of their party? Never mind: these are the same geniuses that picked Nancy Pelosi to speak for the party. By the way, I’m not ruling out the possibility that’s she’s a mole for the GOP, that she’s there because of some really, really cool Republican dirty trick.

snip

fredthompson Fred Thompson

DC "wildlife" law requires rats and other vermin to not be killed, but captured and relocated. 3 word solution: "Iranian air drop."

:lol:

Cap'n George Soros, 'Lil Buddy Soetoro & "Tiny Tim" send out an SOS......women & chillen' still on board......they're "coordinating" the rescue......while safely ashore! Ahoy Comrades!

bo-uss%252520SOS%252520copy_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

H/T:MichelleObama'sMirror

fredthompson Fred Thompson

DC "wildlife" law requires rats and other vermin to not be killed, but captured and relocated. 3 word solution: "Iranian air drop."

:lol:

This is lunacy. Rats have evolved to live side by side with man. Relocating them is only a temporary fix.......they will find their way back.

Cruise ship captain:

"I didn't even have a life jacket because I had given it to one of the passengers. I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That's how I found myself in the lifeboat."

OK

foxnewspolitics foxnewspolitics

State Department will say "no" to Keystone pipeline, industry source tells Fox News

WaPo

The Obama administration will announce this afternoon it is rejecting a Canadian firm’s application for a permit to build and operate a massive oil pipeline across the U.S.-Canada border, according to sources who have been briefed on the matter.

However the administration will allow TransCanada to reapply after it develops an alternate route through the sensitive habitat of Nebraska’s Sandhills. Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns will make the announcement, which comes in response to a congressionally-mandated deadline of Feb. 21 for action on the proposed Keystone pipeline.

Cruise ship captain:

"I didn't even have a life jacket because I had given it to one of the passengers. I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That's how I found myself in the lifeboat."

OK

Would sound like some kind of dumb slap stick comedy movie if it weren't so tragic :unsure:

Cruise ship captain:

OK

Would sound like some kind of dumb slap stick comedy movie if it weren't so tragic :unsure:

No kidding.

:blink:

The Campaign Spot: The Write-In Bid That Almost Was

GOP consultants considered a write-in campaign for their preferred candidate.

Jim Geraghty

1/18/12

How dissatisfied are Republicans with the current field of presidential candidates?

Sufficiently dissatisfied to flirt with a long-shot effort to draft Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, Virginia governor Bob McDonnell, or Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan into the presidential race, despite the trio’s repeated statements that they’re not interested in running for the office.

The discussions began a few weeks before the New Hampshire primary, when one Republican consultant, who has worked for conservative Republican presidential candidates in the past but who is unaffiliated this cycle, wondered if it would be possible to repeat the results of the 1964 primary.

(Snip)

Facts without Wikipedia

TheHogwartians Students of Hogwarts

Rebecca Black, Jacob Black and Sirius Black are relatives. #FactsWithoutWikipedia

10 hours ago

Retweeted 100+ times

»

IMAO_ Frank J. Fleming

Abraham Lincoln had a black belt in ninjitsu. #FactsWithoutWikipedia

6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

freddoso freddoso

Gingrich starred in "School of Rock" and later played Dwight Schrute in "The Office" #factswithoutwikipedia yfrog.com/odgfpkdj

7 minutes ago

shout

Facts without Wikipedia

Rebecca Black, Jacob Black and Sirius Black are relatives. #FactsWithoutWikipedia

10 hours ago

Retweeted 100+ times

»

IMAO_ Frank J. Fleming

freddoso freddoso

Gingrich starred in "School of Rock" and later played Dwight Schrute in "The Office" #factswithoutwikipedia yfrog.com/odgfpkdj

7 minutes ago

shout

It must be true...I read it on Algores internet

The Fox stream is down, so I am listening to MSDNC and Crissy Matthews. Did you know that everything Newt says is racist? Chrissy and two others just said so. Chrissy said some of what he says is code for "other unpleasant voters". Hmmm. Was Chrissy referring to Repubs?

The Fox stream is down, so I am listening to MSDNC and Crissy Matthews. Did you know that everything Newt says is racist? Chrissy and two others just said so. Chrissy said some of what he says is code for "other unpleasant voters". Hmmm. Was Chrissy referring to Repubs?

DRAT! the secret is out!

Facts without Wikipedia

10 hours ago

Retweeted 100+ times

»

IMAO_ Frank J. Fleming

freddoso freddoso

7 minutes ago

shout

I believe that 100 percent. I checked it out on Snopes!