Coffee Shop

Rheo

As I always say-I never watch Shepherd Smith. Today I had the TV on mute and he came on so I didn't notice. He looks awful. Is he ill?

Debate tonight at 9ET. If anyone wants to start a thread for it, go for it, or we can just use the Coffee Shop.

Fox News and WSJ.

Not good for the captain of the cruise liner, especially if he had turned off "cruise control" for a joy ride close to the coast.

9.42pm Concordia hits granite outcrop off Giglio, tearing a massive gash in its hull.

9.45pm Alarm is raised but by passengers, not captain, and via a circuitous route. One passenger calls his parents in Tuscany, who call the local Carabinieri, who then call the coastguard in Livorno on the Tuscan coast.

10.05pm Capt Schettino radios Costa Crociere, the ship’s owners, and raises alarm.

10.06pm Coastguard calls Capt Schettino and asks him what is going on. He tells them “It’s all OK, it’s just a blackout, we’re taking care of the situation.”

10.16pm Coastguard calls him again and he admits water is coming into the hull but says there is no emergency.

Related Articles

10.30pm Under pressure from the coastguard, the captain agrees to send a Mayday signal – 50 minutes after the collision. The ship is by now listing at 20 degrees.

10.50pm Again under pressure from the coastguard, the captain orders the ship to be abandoned – 70 minutes after the vessel smashed into the rock.

11.40pm Capt Schettino reportedly gets into a lifeboat. Passengers, including women and young children, are still on board.

00.40am Captain tells coastguard: “I’m co-ordinating the rescue.” In fact, he is in the lifeboat. A coastguard official tells him: 'You’re in a lifeboat? Get back on your ship immediately.’

00.50am In the captain’s absence, the coastguard takes control of the operation

00.40am Captain tells coastguard: “I’m co-ordinating the rescue.” In fact, he is in the lifeboat. A coastguard official tells him: 'You’re in a lifeboat? Get back on your ship immediately.’

Obamanomics 101.

Sorry for the outage. The hosting company decided to upgrade all of their servers and other hardware. Today was our day, but we did not get notice.

(The Hill) — Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) said late last week that the United States should lower the voting age by two years, to 16.

“Why shouldn’t 16-year-old vote?” Ellison tweeted last week, according to Minnesota’s Fridley Patch. “They can drive. Some have jobs. Let’s empower our youth.”snip

:blink:

Sorry for the outage. The hosting company decided to upgrade all of their servers and other hardware. Today was our day, but we did not get notice.

Your talking to a former WA. I was a little freaked out ;)

(The Hill) — Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) said late last week that the United States should lower the voting age by two years, to 16.

“Why shouldn’t 16-year-old vote?” Ellison tweeted last week, according to Minnesota’s Fridley Patch. “They can drive. Some have jobs. Let’s empower our youth.”snip

hitler-youth.jpg

I was also getting a little worried...

car_54_where_are_you-show.jpg

hitler-youth.jpg

I think that I know what he has in mind... remember the Obama Youth Brigade exercises?

It was our new zot procedure. Instead of zotting you, we just move the site. :lol:

I updated those that are on FB. If you want, send me your email address and I can add you to a list to send updates when we are down.

Am I the only one who could care less about Mitt Romney's tax return?

No, you're not alone.

I'm just getting really tired of all this nit picking that passes for news.

Just two examples and I don't mean to pick on Hot Air, this kind of silly stuff is found all over the place. :wallbash:

Hot Air: Gingrich: “I would be delighted” if Santorum dropped out

Jan 17, 2012 3:10 PM by Tina Korbe

Hot Air: Electable candidate: I didn’t earn much in speaking fees, just a few hundred thousand

Jan 17, 2012 7:52 PM by Allahpundit

This is what passes for news?