If you thought Last Week Was Stupid...Hang On!

Valin

• 4 weeks later...
We apologize deeply for the email that was sent today. $14.92 was our average donation amount this week. It was an oversight on our part to not make the connection to a year of colonization, conquest, and genocide for Indigenous people, especially before Thanksgiving.

H/T Power Line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Observer, Fordham’s student paper, reports on the school’s tightened Covid policies

Fordham also updated its policies for eating and drinking in spaces on campus. Eating or drinking will be prohibited at athletic events until further notice. Food and drink are not allowed in classrooms and instructional spaces such as libraries or laboratories. Throughout the month of January, eating and drinking will also not be permitted at any events or meetings.

:scratchhead:

• 3 weeks later...

Sean-Penn-in-The-First_trans_NvBQzQNjv4B

I am a bad terrible evil wicked person because I say horrible things like

“I don’t think that being a brute or having insensitivity or disrespect for women is anything to do with masculinity, or ever did. But I don’t think that [in order] to be fair to women, we should become them,”

“I think that men have, in my view, become quite feminized. I have these very strong women in my life who do not take masculinity as a sign of oppression toward them. There are a lot of, I think, cowardly genes that lead to people surrendering their jeans and putting on a skirt,”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today in Stupid Wokery: Steam Engines

Steven Hayward

Mar. 17 2022

Some stories are just so stupid and absurd that only someone with an advanced degree could possible believe them. From The Telegraph:

‘Cancelled’, the 1804 train with supposed links to slavery

Trains could face a new kind of “cancellation”, as National Museum Wales reviews steam-powered technology over claims it was linked to the slave trade.

Richard Trevithick unveiled the first steam-powered locomotive in Wales in 1804, but National Museum Wales (NMW) displays covering his revolutionary invention face being altered as part of a process of “decolonising the collection”.

Trevithick had no links to slavery, but the museum has claimed that the steam power he harnessed helped drive an imperial British economy that was tied to the slave trade.

A replica of the Trevithick locomotive used in the first steam-powered rail journey faces being relabeled by NMW to include information on these claimed links between industrial technology and colonialism, as curators audit displays “rooted in colonialism and racism”.

(Snip)

th?id=OIP.Yt0mefa-kv6yDQ-amjrbQQHaFI%26p

The The Link To Slavery should be plainly obvious to everyone.

This Week In Whining!

NASA Criticized for Ending Pronoun Project

Deneen Broadnax

Mar. 14 2022

In a move that has been widely criticized, NASA leaders recently terminated a test project that allowed employees at the agency’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) to display pronouns in their official agency identifiers. The decision affected more than 100 employees who saw their stated pronouns vanish from communication platforms.

The project’s termination attracted public attention after it was described in an anonymous post on Reddit. Scientific American has since verified many of the details revealed by the post with multiple GSFC employees—all of whom spoke under condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal. In the days following the Reddit post, NASA’s pronoun erasure has been called “more than a little disappointing,” “pointlessly cruel” and an indication of “queerphobic leadership” by various astronomers.

“Unfortunately, this is very consistent with my experience there,” says Beck Strauss, a former National Institute of Standards and Technology research scientist working at GSFC and a current member of the International Society of Nonbinary Scientists. “There are a lot of individuals working at NASA and related organizations who really, genuinely want things to be better and want to put their pronouns in their display names and want to make these places more welcoming for people from a lot of different backgrounds and identity groups. But those efforts always fail if they do not have administrative support and access to material resources.”

(Snip)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woman glues herself to court in protest at Timberwolves-Clippers game

In a press release sent to FOX 9, animal activism group Direct Action Everywhere says it was one of their members who tried to glue themselves to the Timberwolves court. They cite their concerns with a factory egg farm in Iowa owned by Glen Taylor.

th?id=OIP.Uxt9Xq0xC8oGDOHuDCMDtQHaHa%26p

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a Boy!

John Hinderaker

April 28, 2022

The mother birthing person is a boy, that is. Gender confusion is not unique to the U.S. Insanity, like the covid virus and other diseases, appears to be contagious. Thus, this story comes from Scotland: “Student midwives at Napier University taught that men can get pregnant.”

Midwifery students in Scotland were taught that biological males could become pregnant and were given guidance on how to catheterise “birthing people” with penises.

An online module at Napier University in Edinburgh provoked disbelief by promoting the “biologically impossible”, but most students were said to have been reluctant to speak up for fear they would be victimised for challenging its “inclusive” content.

The course book has been condemned by Joanna Cherry, an SNP MP, who said that “an attempt to produce trans-inclusive language” had resulted in “poor-quality, scientifically inaccurate teaching materials”.

(Snip)

Good question! I personally have never met a “trans” person.

We just don’t have the answers. There is a massive pressure to do it and we can’t speak out against it, or even speak out about having a conversation.

That last observation is pathetic if true. But it seems to me that a remarkable degree of cowardice on the part of a great many people is part of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Pro-abortion activist tells Congress that men can give birth, receive abortions

aimee-arrambide-1-e1652905432245.jpg?ve=

"What do you say a woman is?" asked Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina. "I believe that everyone can identify for themselves," responded Aimee Arrambide.

"Do you believe then, that men can become pregnant and have abortions?" was Bishop’s follow-up.

"Yes," Arrambide replied.