The Coffee Shop

Valin

Super Bowl: Five Coolest Ways to Host a Healthy Party

If you thought you couldn't serve low-carb offerings at your weekend bash, think again — here are delicious tips

by Paul Kenny | Updated 02 Feb 2018 at 4:44 PM

Somehow Super Bowl Sunday has become the unofficial end of the holiday season — and we all want to go to a Super Bowl party, even when our team isn’t playing.

That means somebody has to host that party. If you’re the lucky one hosting this year, keep these five rules in mind when thinking about your menu.

1.) Prepare In advance. Whatever you decide to make, the work has to be done before kickoff. I like to invite folks an hour before the game starts — that way you can serve the drinks and have the core meal offered before the game starts.    :snip: 

Open it up to potluck.    :snip:     https://www.lifezette.com/healthzette/super-bowl-five-coolest-ways-host-healthy-party/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draggingtree said:

Or you could completely ignore it...like I am.

(this reply being the only thing I have to say about the super bowl)

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 0:21 PM, Draggingtree said:

If you thought you couldn't serve low-carb offerings at your weekend bash, think again — here are delicious tips

by Paul Kenny | Updated 02 Feb 2018 at 4:44 PM

Somehow Super Bowl Sunday has become the unofficial end of the holiday season — and we all want to go to a Super Bowl party, even when our team isn’t playing.

That means somebody has to host that party. If you’re the lucky one hosting this year, keep these five rules in mind when thinking about your menu.

1.) Prepare In advance. Whatever you decide to make, the work has to be done before kickoff. I like to invite folks an hour before the game starts — that way you can serve the drinks and have the core meal offered before the game starts.    :snip: 

Open it up to potluck.    :snip:     https://www.lifezette.com/healthzette/super-bowl-five-coolest-ways-host-healthy-party/

Interesting article - suitable for any party.  I’ve always been drawn to having themed parties. My list(actually part of book I’ve been writing forever) has party giving areas

Trump Administration Hasn’t Filled Hostage Czar Post

Susan Crabtree
February 9, 2018

The Trump administration has yet to fill a hostage czar post created to coordinate and unify the U.S. government's response to American hostage situations, spurring questions about who is heading up and overseeing efforts to safely return Americans unjustly imprisoned in Iran and elsewhere.

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a Thought..................

tons-of-diplomacy.jpg

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Oh, Canada Edition

Steven Hayward

Feb. 10 2018

Say what you will about Donald Trump, at least he’s not a blithering idiot like Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. I expect you heard his correcting a questioner this week at a public forum who said “mankind,” to which Pretty Boy Justin suggested that she should say “personkind” instead. You can’t say “personkind,” you idiot! It is still a masculine ending (person). Doesn’t the idiot know that the correct pronoun for homo sapiens or “mankind” is “huperchild.” Trudeau now claims that he was joking and that it was a lame joke, but the joke is obviously on Canada. He probably ate a Tide Pod that day

Oh-Canada.jpeg?resize=768,899

(Snip)

Batperson-Trudeau.jpeg?resize=768,741

Trump-Slaps-Merkel.jpeg?resize=768,683

(Snip)

Oranges.jpeg?resize=768,737

(Snip)

Organiz-Tide-pods.jpeg?resize=768,389

Vegan Tide Pods?

(Snip)

Spending-caps.jpeg?resize=768,623

Fix-Budget.jpeg?resize=768,551

(Snip)

Hateful-Dems.jpeg?resize=768,488

Crumbs-v-Tax-Cut.jpeg?resize=768,592

Iceberg-memo.jpeg?resize=768,1112

(Snip)

Russian-Bodywash.jpeg?resize=768,699

Grumpy-Dems.jpeg?resize=768,544

(Snip)

Kasich.jpeg?resize=768,414

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Bitcoin-hed.jpeg?resize=768,231

(Snip)

Tesla-in-space.jpeg?resize=768,875

(Snip)

Celebrity-Opinions.jpeg?resize=768,477

(Snip)

Ikea-Funeral.jpeg?resize=768,731

(Snip)

GunGuyx.jpeg?w=566

And Finally...

GunGirl-37.jpeg?resize=768,769

• Like 1

Just when I start to think, Well Maybe The Left Has Some Valid Points, and we Should Pay Attention to Them....

...Turns Out I'm Wrong!