The Coffee Shop

Valin

The Week in Pictures: Special Walkout Edition

Steven Hayward

4/7/18

This week it appears that K-12 teachers in more and more states looked at the recent high school walkouts intended to stamp out the 2nd Amendment and said, “Hold my cigarette butt—we can do that too!” Is it a coincidence that there is a crescendo of clearly organized “Resistance” efforts going on right now: the green jihad against Scott Pruitt, the “refugee caravan” making its way north through Mexico, the teacher walkout for higher pay. Now personally I like the K-12 teacher walkout, and wouldn’t mind if they didn’t come back, for the same reason I was always in favor of sex education in the public schools: if the schools try to teach about sex, then nobody will know how to do it. Oh, and we also learned this week that PETA has more mass shooters among its members than the NRA. Heh.

But finally, this week introduces a new regular feature: dog pics. Long overdue.

Walkouts.jpeg?resize=768,474

(Snip)

ORourke-on-Hogg.jpeg?resize=768,726

(Snip)

YouTube-video.jpeg?resize=768,600

(Snip)

Disney-open-carry.jpeg?resize=768,764

(Snip)

Mexico-policies.jpeg?resize=768,512

(Snip)

Anti-Bolton.jpeg?resize=768,505

(Snip)

Wage-gap.jpeg?resize=768,433

(Snip)

Trump-fixed-global-warming.jpeg?w=1010

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Cat-assault-rifle-hed.jpeg?resize=768,55

(Snip)

Cop-and-donuts.jpeg?resize=768,634

(Snip)

Cage-of-asparagus.jpeg?resize=768,378

(Snip)

Yoda-Love.jpg?resize=768,755

(Snip)

And now for our first ever dog of the week pic:

Dog-of-the-week.jpeg?resize=768,774

Godot-at-the-airport.jpeg?resize=768,787

GunGuyx3.jpeg?w=496

And finally....

GunGirl30001.jpeg?resize=768,1025

42 minutes ago, nickydog said:

It sounds really awful.  But resisters, never Trumpers, etc. will buy it and read it.  

All 46 of them.

The Week in Pictures: The Puckish Zuck Edition

Steven Hayward

April 14 2018

Wait—you’re telling me that Facebook is not a book of faces? That it’s some kind of scheme to Zuck your private information from you and huck it to the highest bidder? My world is crushed. Reminds me of what my old mentor M. Stanton Evans said about the novel 1984:  “I thought the book was very Orwellian.” But before you go off and join the bipartisan rush to come up with government regulation of Facebook, ask yourself why Zuckerberg would be for it. Perhaps because a raft of cumbersome federal regulations will cement forever the dominance of Facebook? Who is going to start up some kind of rival to Facebook if they must climb a steep regulatory hill that Facebook sits atop of? I say nuke it from space to take no chances.

Facebook-Confusion.jpeg?resize=768,610

(Snip)

Zuckerberk-look.jpeg?w=872

(Snip)

Zuck-Data-I-KNEW-it.jpeg?resize=768,387

Dimond-Silk.jpeg?resize=768,796

(Snip)

Hillary-raid.jpeg?resize=768,766

(Snip)

Meuller-witch-project.jpeg?resize=768,50

(Snip)

Trump-boom.jpeg?resize=768,548

Trump-tweets.jpeg?resize=768,423

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Louisiana-animal-sex-hed.jpeg?resize=768

(Snip)

Cocaine-Through-Window-hed.jpeg?resize=7

(Snip)

Anti-Gun-Pro-Fist.jpeg?resize=768,1175

(Snip)

Dwayne-Rick-Paper-Scissors.jpeg?resize=7

Climate-change-problem.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

Blonde-Roundabout.jpeg?resize=768,657

(Snip)

Fur-missile-dog-1.jpeg?resize=768,755

And Finally....

Grad-photo.jpeg?resize=768,646

Greta Van Susteren just posted this an hour ago, from press release:

5ad3bd50ed867_BarbaraBush.thumb.jpg.50fc401f71f939b2b172087bf0d13dd7.jpg5ad3bd5a0dc3d_BarbaraBushStatement.thumb.jpg.ee5be415d9b22a11af85eb2907f49b56.jpg

For those of you who belong to Facebook, look up Greta Van Susteren and see some of the comments. Mostly positive, but of course those who have hate in their hearts too.

7 hours ago, Chickadee said:

5ad3bd50ed867_BarbaraBush.thumb.jpg.50fc401f71f939b2b172087bf0d13dd7.jpg5ad3bd5a0dc3d_BarbaraBushStatement.thumb.jpg.ee5be415d9b22a11af85eb2907f49b56.jpg

For those of you who belong to Facebook, look up Greta Van Susteren and see some of the comments. Mostly positive, but of course those who have hate in their hearts too.

Good grief, I thought we would read an announcement like this about 41 before Barbara.  You never know.

• Like 3

WestVirginiaRebel
On 4/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, Chickadee said:

A long and positive life...if this is her time, she's earned her rest.

Saudi Columnist: 'Selfish' Women Who Keep Their Husbands From Taking Second Wife Cause Them To Commit Adultery

In a January 12, 2018 article in the English-language daily Saudi Gazette, columnist Nefeen Abbas rebukes women who oppose their husband taking a second wife. Men, she says, unlike women, get bored with the monotony of married life, and if not allowed to take another wife they are likely to resort to cheating. Abbas expresses puzzlement that wives can be so "selfish" and "ignorant" as to cause their husbands to commit the sin of adultery, rather than pursue the course of taking another wife, which is sanctioned by the Islamic shari'a.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Living with one wife is hard enough, even in the best of times. Why any sane man would want more than one, is one of those many many many things I Don't Get.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valin said:

Saudi Columnist: 'Selfish' Women Who Keep Their Husbands From Taking Second Wife Cause Them To Commit Adultery

In a January 12, 2018 article in the English-language daily Saudi Gazette, columnist Nefeen Abbas rebukes women who oppose their husband taking a second wife. Men, she says, unlike women, get bored with the monotony of married life, and if not allowed to take another wife they are likely to resort to cheating. Abbas expresses puzzlement that wives can be so "selfish" and "ignorant" as to cause their husbands to commit the sin of adultery, rather than pursue the course of taking another wife, which is sanctioned by the Islamic shari'a.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Living with one wife is hard enough, even in the best of times. Why any sane man would want more than one, is one of those many many many things I Don't Get.

Have you lived with one wife, @Valin?  Getting very personal here, I know.

5 hours ago, nickydog said:

Have you lived with one wife, @Valin?  Getting very personal here, I know.

Of course not...which is why I'm an expert. :D

Guess who is not coming to Trump’s first state dinner?

Karen Townsend

April 21, 2018

Fifteen months into his presidency, President Trump and First Lady Melania will host their first state dinner Tuesday. The guest of honor is French President Emmanuel Macron.

(Snip)

Hey, guess who isn’t coming to dinner? In a break from tradition, none of the Congressional Democrats have been invited. Also absent from the guest list are members of the media. How’s that for diplomacy? I admit this news makes me laugh. Did anyone think that Donald Trump would suddenly start being a traditional president when he was elected precisely because voters counted on him to not do that? One thing that will never be said about the Trump presidency is that it’s boring.

(Snip)

So, does the America public care who is invited to a state dinner? Probably not. Frankly, I think that ending the practice of treating the press personalities as guests at such events is a step in the right direction. The lines blurred too much during the Obama administration and it isn’t helpful for journalists tasked with reporting history to be treated as Hollywood celebrities.

I do have two important closing questions presented with tongue firmly planted in cheek: What’s on the menu and what is Melania wearing? You’ve got to give the people what they want.

I'm still waiting for my invitation....This dinner simply cries out for a skinny old smart ass. ;)

• Like 1