The Coffee Shop

Valin

The Week in Pictures: Happy Tax Cut Edition

Steven Hayward

Dec. 23 2017

Watching the Democrats rend their garments over allowing people to keep more of their own money rather than letting politicians spend it for them recalls the late great political scientist Aaron Wildavsky, who once tallied up the victim classes of liberalism, and calculated that 375 percent of Americans are certified victims! Start with consumers, who Ralph Nader says are all victims, and you begin with 100 percent of the population. Now add in women, and you’re up to 150 percent before you even get to racial minorities, etc. Democrats are saying the tax cut will kill people, but haven’t Republicans already killed off the entire population with the repeal of net neutrality and withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord? What am I leaving out? I know many Democrats think Americans are zombies, but just how many times can you kill everyone?

Bankrupt-us.jpg?w=720

(Snip)

(Snip)

Switching-to-Trump.jpeg?resize=768,514

Foreign-Policy.jpeg?resize=768,550

Sarah-Sanders.jpeg?resize=768,1128

(Snip)

Wrongway-investigation.jpeg?resize=768,5

(Snip)

Clinton-v-Weinstein.jpeg?resize=768,557

(Snip)

Discrimination.jpeg?resize=768,889

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

Fish-orgies-hed.jpeg?resize=768,128

(Snip)

Star-Wars-dog.jpeg?resize=768,689

(Snip)

Vodka-dance.jpeg?resize=768,642

(Snip)

25445992_10208365127524772_5645544119290

(Snip)

And finally. . .

Haley-this-week.jpeg?resize=768,704

(Snip)

• Like 2

• Valin pinned this topic

Looks Like Sheila Made A Mistake

Sheila Jackson LeeVerified account @JacksonLeeTX18

I noted that this individual came toward me and took a picture. I heard later that she might have said “I know who she is.” Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman,

9:31 AM - 26 Dec 2017

20 hours ago, Valin said:

Looks Like Sheila Made A Mistake

Sheila Jackson LeeVerified account @JacksonLeeTX18

I noted that this individual came toward me and took a picture. I heard later that she might have said “I know who she is.” Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman,

9:31 AM - 26 Dec 2017

TRENDING:

United passenger accused of racism by Jackson Lee is a human rights activist

• Like 1

The Year in Pictures: Happy Covfefe Edition

Steven Hayward

Dec. 30 2017

I think I finally figured out the whole “covfefe” mystery from earlier this year. It’s a transliterated anagram for a Chinese new year’s designation. Yeah, I’m going to go with that, and see whether CNN actually chases it down. Anyway, it was amazing, reviewing especially the inventory of cartoons from the Week in Pictures earlier in the year looking for greatest hits, how many of them could run in the newspaper tomorrow, as the media Trump narrative has hardly moved. So this gallery is a mix of highlights from the year and new things this week. Plus some important new year’s reminders.

Scream-Weight.jpeg?resize=768,768

(Snip)

Covfefe-sticker.jpeg?resize=768,199

(Snip)

USS-Al-Gore.jpeg?resize=768,1025

The USS Al Gore?

(Snip)

ISIS-Caliphate.jpeg?resize=768,534

(Snip)

Hollywood-meltdown.jpeg?resize=768,767

(Snip)

Bill-Clinton-Hookers.jpeg?resize=768,506

(Snip)

Hillary-Trophy.jpeg?resize=768,550

(Snip)

405-Dem-Train.jpeg?resize=768,580

(Snip)

CNN-laghing-stock.jpg?w=600

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Circumcision-hed.jpeg?resize=768,192

(Snip)

And always drive on the right side of. . .

Power-Line-Road.jpeg?resize=768,442

Statham-Gun3.jpeg?resize=768,463

And finally.....

GunGirl-117.jpeg?resize=768,760

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valin said:

THIS could be the end of The Republic

1 hour ago, Geee said:

A crisis I tell you, A crisis (sound of wringing of hands) :rolleyes:

Combined with The White Van and we should all be concerned!!

• Like 1

I am in need of HELP! Could some kind person translate This

"I am Black (with Irish and Cherokee thrown in), autistic, aromantic, noetisexual, demisexual/asexual, Integrated Radical Non-Monogamist, Relationship Anarchist, autodidact, relationship fluid, disabled, single parent, in poverty, kinky switch/Dom/me, assigned female at birth, synesthetic, intersex, genderqueer, Army brat, survivor of several forms of abuse, left-handed, singleish, and pansexual. My disabilities and health conditions consist of endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, fibromyalgia, eczema, secondary anxiety and depression. I’ve had several major surgeries, survived more rapes than I can count, and narrowly escaped stalkers, domestic violence, and murderers. I’ve been writing cuil fiction, my invented intersectional queer and polya genre, for nearly 20 years. I am also a not-quite widow."

I'm fine with Black, Irish and Cherokee, Pretty much got a handle on that. Where I'm have...problems is autistic, aromantic, noetisexual, demisexual/asexual, Integrated Radical Non-Monogamist, Relationship Anarchist, autodidact, relationship fluid, and pretty much everything else.

On 12/31/2017 at 2:38 PM, Valin said:

Combined with The White Van and we should all be concerned!!

The never ending search to stick Trump with something illegal.  Or at least something else to complain about.

4 hours ago, Valin said:

I am in need of HELP! Could some kind person translate This

"I am Black (with Irish and Cherokee thrown in), autistic, aromantic, noetisexual, demisexual/asexual, Integrated Radical Non-Monogamist, Relationship Anarchist, autodidact, relationship fluid, disabled, single parent, in poverty, kinky switch/Dom/me, assigned female at birth, synesthetic, intersex, genderqueer, Army brat, survivor of several forms of abuse, left-handed, singleish, and pansexual. My disabilities and health conditions consist of endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, fibromyalgia, eczema, secondary anxiety and depression. I’ve had several major surgeries, survived more rapes than I can count, and narrowly escaped stalkers, domestic violence, and murderers. I’ve been writing cuil fiction, my invented intersectional queer and polya genre, for nearly 20 years. I am also a not-quite widow."

I'm fine with Black, Irish and Cherokee, Pretty much got a handle on that. Where I'm have...problems is autistic, aromantic, noetisexual, demisexual/asexual, Integrated Radical Non-Monogamist, Relationship Anarchist, autodidact, relationship fluid, and pretty much everything else.

It HAS to be a joke.