GOP debate crunchtime: 'The time for lowering expectations is over'

Geee

righteousmomma

On my way home I heard Rush talking about CNBC and their efforts to destroy the GOP candidates. Then he mentioned how he has lost all patience with the msm when they try to destroy an absolutely stellar human being like Dr. Carson. He then mentioned an article about this "College level speaking not required at GOP Debate

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/29/college-level-speaking-not-required-at-the-gop-debates.html

See the graph "Are you smarter than a GOP Candidate?"

Watch your blood pressure.

OCTOBER 29, 2015 — JOHN HINDERAKER

CNBC DEFENDS “TOUGH QUESTIONS”
Losers-Getty-640x480.jpg?resize=110%2C85Last night’s presidential debate was the most-watched program in CNBC’s history, which might not be a good thing for the cable network. The moderators’ performance was generally considered disgraceful, as we have already noted more than once. NBC’s spokesman–CNBC is part of the NBC news empire, now America’s most left-wing–put out a one-line statement defending the moderators’ performance: People who want to be president of the United States should be » Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/cnbc-defends-tough-questions.php

• Like 1

On my way home I heard Rush talking about CNBC and their efforts to destroy the GOP candidates. Then he mentioned how he has lost all patience with the msm when they try to destroy an absolutely stellar human being like Dr. Carson. He then mentioned an article about this "College level speaking not required at GOP Debate

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/29/college-level-speaking-not-required-at-the-gop-debates.html

See the graph "Are you smarter than a GOP Candidate?"

Watch your blood pressure.

From the comments

slack jawed mouthbreather • 17 hours ago

Was a loyal fan of CNBC for the business news. I'm done. No longer. My viewing has of last night changed to Fox Business. With the exception of Rick Santelli and Cramer there is nothing remaining for me to tune in to.

Last night's performance I expected from John Harwood - apologist for all things Obama/Clinton/Democrat; but Quintanilla and Quick? Disgraceful. Infuriating. Smug. Pompous. Rude. Disrespectful to the candidates and the viewing public. Nothing more than the publicity and marketing department for the Democratic Party.

And then to follow that up with this worthless article on the IQ of Republican candidates? Wow! Where was this hit piece on the Democratic candidates? Where was this hit piece on Obama who cannot speak without a teleprompter?

Seriously? A business mogul, 2 sitting Governors, a former Fortune 100 CEO, a internationally respected pediatric neurosurgeon, 2 Senators (one of which has clerked in the Supreme Court) and this article questions their intelligence. Seriously?

I'm done CNBC.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

CNBC Beclouds Itself

There is not a sentient human on the planet who does not know, without a shadow of doubt, that the mainstream media is a left-wing collective or that its main mission is to ridicule, demean and render irrelevant anyone with conservative views. Its inhabitants have been indoctrinated in the universities they attended, and have marched into their media jobs with all the proper left-wing credentials; they are almost all Democrats who have never questioned WHY they are Democrats.

Since critical thinking is no longer a skill taught in any American educational institutions, they do not know that they should or are allowed to question the orthodoxy with which they have been imbued. That the three principal panelists for CNBC were so smug, and thought they were so cleverly mocking, is a sad commentary on our elite media. They are not remotely elite. They are pathetic. So certain of their intellectual superiority, they ran headfirst into self-immolation. Anyone who watched the CNBC debate had to be embarrassed for them, for their unabashed pomposity.

But there is always the Left who will most likely cheer and celebrate what they will somehow perceive as a victorious evening. These are the same people who think Obama has been a great President who saved the economy rather than starving it, prevented war rather than fomenting it around the world, that he has promoted equality rather than exacerbated it, ended racism rather than promoted it, and expanded health care rather than destroyed it. These are the folks who think gun-free zones prevent crime, that global warming is a more pressing problem than ISIS, that there is a "war on women" in America but are not bothered by the sexual slavery in all its savagery in the Middle East. These are the folks who watch MSNBC and think Chris Matthews is sane. They do not realize that he and his MSNBC colleagues have been driven insane with hatred for anyone and anything to the right of Lenin, Stalin, Che or Chavez. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/cnbc_beclowns_itself.html

and

But there is always the Left who will most likely cheer and celebrate what they will somehow perceive as a victorious evening. These are the same people who think Obama has been a great President who saved the economy rather than starving it, prevented war rather than fomenting it around the world, that he has promoted equality rather than exacerbated it, ended racism rather than promoted it, and expanded health care rather than destroyed it. These are the folks who think gun-free zones prevent crime, that global warming is a more pressing problem than ISIS, that there is a "war on women" in America but are not bothered by the sexual slavery in all its savagery in the Middle East. These are the folks who watch MSNBC and think Chris Matthews is sane. They do not realize that he and his MSNBC colleagues have been driven insane with hatred for anyone and anything to the right of Lenin, Stalin, Che or Chavez.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/cnbc_beclowns_itself.html#ixzz3q37XNe6z

righteousmomma

There has been talk about changing the debate format. One idea I heard was to have a limited number of candidates sit around a table and discuss their views on issues for an hour at a time. Reminded me that several people I know personally who have met and broken bread with W have said that he is totally a different persona than the one that goes into effect in front of a camera. Each have said how articulate, informed, funny and charming - and VERY likable he was. I bet this would hold true for people like Dr. Carson who is measured and slow to speak.

I mention this because of Valin's quote of "slackjawed mouthbreather":

And then to follow that up with this worthless article on the IQ of Republican candidates? Wow! Where was this hit piece on the Democratic candidates? Where was this hit piece on Obama who cannot speak without a teleprompter?

Seriously? A business mogul, 2 sitting Governors, a former Fortune 100 CEO, a internationally respected pediatric neurosurgeon, 2 Senators (one of which has clerked in the Supreme Court) and this article questions their intelligence. Seriously?

Yes, seriously?

There has been talk about changing the debate format. One idea I heard was to have a limited number of candidates sit around a table and discuss their views on issues for an hour at a time. Reminded me that several people I know personally who have met and broken bread with W have said that he is totally a different persona than the one that goes into effect in front of a camera. Each have said how articulate, informed, funny and charming - and VERY likable he was. I bet this would hold true for people like Dr. Carson who is measured and slow to speak.

I mention this because of Valin's quote of "slackjawed mouthbreather":

Yes, seriously?

I remember their was a debate like this one year and it was very effective. There was just two candidates though. Little tough with this number. Maybe when we whittle down.

John Kasich Enters the Twilight Zone

If there’s a consensus about Wednesday’s GOP debate, it’s that the CNBC moderators had a train wreck. Among the non-conservatives who thought the moderators were horribly biased and inept were HBO’s Bill Maher and Ron Fournier of the National Journal. But Ohio governor John Kasich said afterwards that he was “very appreciative of how they did their job.” Kasich “thought they did a good job” and said that the raucous, interruption-filled debate was “well controlled.”

John Kasich’s perception of the debate reality is worthy of Rod Serling’s old mind-bending TV show.

Every four years, one Republican presidential candidate attempts to first win “the media primary,” primarily by accusing other GOP candidates of “extremism” while at the same time flattering the mainstream media. In 2008, that candidate was John McCain — although his love affair with the media ended as soon as Barack Obama was his opponent. In 2012, it was former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, who crashed and burned.

This year, it’s no secret who the media likes. A CNBC profile of Kasich in September wasn’t subtle. Its headline was “Is John Kasich the GOP Media Darling Who Could Finally Win?” CNBC noted that the three candidates — McCain, Huntsman, and Kasich — all had the same consultant for their White House bids. He’s John Weaver, a moderate Republican who has described his party as “a bunch of cranks.” Bloomberg’s Mark Halperin told CBS last month that Kasich is “the media’s favorite candidate, and that is a dirty little secret.” As Kasich proved after the CNBC debate, the admiration is mutual.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426329/john-kasich-praises-cnbc-john-fund

It’s Time to Thin the Republican Herd

Last night’s GOP debate was a mess. The moderators were terrible — historically terrible. They were biased, they were unprepared, and they infuriatingly combined their incompetence with stereotypically liberal smirking and condescension. But even the best moderation can’t obscure a fundamental failing of the Republican field: There are simply too many candidates in the race. The sheer numbers dilute the conservative message, create an unprofessional atmosphere of on-stage chaos, and diminish the candidates as they’re often reduced to shouting for attention like students in an unruly classroom.

Yes, I understand ambition. I also understand hope – especially when filtered not only through fans and supporters who believe the candidate’s breakout moment is just around the corner but also through the candidates’ own political history of triumph, sometimes against long odds. The presidency is the job of their dreams, they think they can win, and they also feel that it will be best for the nation they love if they’re in the Oval Office rather than their rivals.

Moreover, they can make a case for hanging in just a bit longer. After all – if you’re an establishment candidate like Jeb Bush – can’t you argue that John McCain was dead in the water in 2007, right until he came roaring back to win the nomination? If you’re a low-polling insurgent, wasn’t Rick Santorum barely registering in the polls – even in Iowa – before emerging as the last Romney-alternative standing and the runner-up in 2012? And aren’t most of the politician-candidates having trouble believing that the Trump and Carson surges are any more concrete than the Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain boomlets of 2011? In other words, in their minds almost 50 percent of the Republican primary electorate is still functionally up for grabs.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426288/republican-debate-candidates-drop-out

Haven’t had enough of John Harwood’s bias you say? Well, then — check THIS out

(Snip)

moderating GOP debate in 2015 enriched my understanding of challenges @SpeakerBoehner has faced and @RepPaulRyan will face

.@JohnJHarwood it also enriched your reputation as a national laughingstock. https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/659709854974541824 …

• Like 1