Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

New Claritin Flamethrower Incinerates Whatever Causing Allergies

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-claritin-flamethrower-incinerates-whatever-cau-50576

960.jpg

WHIPPANY, NJ—Touting the product’s ability to combat common seasonal and year-round allergens, pharmaceutical manufacturer Bayer introduced Wednesday its new Claritin flamethrower capable of incinerating whatever is causing one’s allergies. “Our new flamethrower is proven to be effective at relieving itchy eyes, sneezing, and congestion by quickly and efficiently reducing dust mites, pollen, and other allergy-causing agents to smoldering ashes,” said company spokesperson Elaine Ferguson, adding that the product is available in either a regular 25-foot or an Extra Strength 50-foot jet of fire—ideal for eliminating ragweed, trees, grasses, and entire mold-ridden homes. “With this over-the-counter treatment, you can simply look at the latest allergy forecast, strap on the Claritin fuel pack, and wipe out allergy-inducing plants and pets without a hint of drowsiness.”

Due to potential side effects, Ferguson cautioned that the Claritin flamethrower should never be combined with alcohol.

• Like 1

clearvision

Just started my son on the road to allergy shots. Very sad, but he tested allergic to 40% of the tests. Nothing at the high end, but most over "the limit". He has for the past 3 winters really struggled with seasonal allergies and trying to compete in his sport. Gets to the point pills (clariton, etc) are not enough and starts missing practices. He is not thrilled, and neither I am, but we have to do something.

SrWoodchuck

Just started my son on the road to allergy shots. Very sad, but he tested allergic to 40% of the tests. Nothing at the high end, but most over "the limit". He has for the past 3 winters really struggled with seasonal allergies and trying to compete in his sport. Gets to the point pills (clariton, etc) are not enough and starts missing practices. He is not thrilled, and neither I am, but we have to do something.

@clearvision

Best wishes for conquering those allergies.

It's a testament to his ability & heart that he's still competing at such a high level.

At that age, I had a severe allergy to mold, pollen & dust....so bad, that it turned into asthma. Later as a young adult, I worked a couple of summers running a lawn crew for a friends brother. Walking 8 to 10 miles a day, behind a lawn tractor....and then dumping several loads of grass....burned my hay fever to a crisp.

I now take prescription Flo-Nase (Fluticasone Proprionate) which is not an anti-histamine. Anti-histamines mess with your metabolism....so your body "speeds-up" and gets rid of the histames that the body produces to combat allergens. Instead, Flo-Nase provides a barrier to the allergens, so the body doesn't produce histamines & there is no "up-and-down" cycles with the taking of allergy meds. It is prescription, but not expensive. It takes a few weeks to acclimate in the body & the biggest problem is a stuffy nose that you have to blow more often.

SrWoodchuck

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 4:59 PM - 6 Jun 2015

Another accomplishment -- Obama first President to have a Triple Crown winner since Carter

American Pharoah

original.jpg

Boozy chimps in west Africa enjoy drinking sessions in groupsohmy.png

The chimps sometimes drink alone at the top of a raffia palm tree or drink in groups, scientists found after watching a closely-observed colony at Bossou

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/guinea/11664196/Boozy-chimps-in-west-Africa-enjoy-drinking-sessions-in-groups.html

Mers outbreak: Don't drink potentially fatal camel urine, WHO warnsohmy.pngohmy.png

The World Health Organisation has warned against drinking camel urine as it attempts to limit the latest outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).

Seven people in South Korea have died as a result of Mers in the latest outbreak, the largest since the syndrome was first detected in the Saudi Arabia in 2012.

Authorities in Seoul confirmed the seventh death, of a 68-year-old woman who had a pre-existing heart condition, on Tuesday. There have been 95 infections and 2,500 people are currently in quarantine in South Korea.

The WHO guidance was issued in response to the infection of a 75-year-old man thousands of miles to the west, in Oman, last week. Mers, caused by a new strain of coronavirus, can affect people and animals, and one theory is that the syndrome started in animals before making the jump to humans.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/mers-outbreak-dont-drink-potentially-fatal-camel-urine-who-warns-10307041.html

Mers outbreak: Don't drink potentially fatal camel urine, WHO warnsohmy.pngohmy.png

The World Health Organisation has warned against drinking camel urine as it attempts to limit the latest outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).

Ok, I know there is a lot of really weird kinky stuff going on but drinking camel urine? I mean camel urine...Really! And who collects it...

Say Ahmed what do you do for a living? I collect Camel Urine. Wow Your Parents Must Be So Proud Of You! Oh Yes, Its something I've dreamt about since I was a wee tike, it runs in the family you know.

• Like 3

Valentine Cotton retweeted
Bob Gaskin ‏@BobG231 10h10 hours ago
Top is Marco Rubio's house. Bottom is Hillary Clinton's. But, ya know, Republicans are too rich and out of touch. ”

CHFwDAkXAAA63uX.jpg

CHFwDAqWgAAV4Is.jpg

• Like 1