Coffee Shop

Rheo

It starts with bananas and then it is a slippery slope to real guns.

Yeah, I wouldn't monkey around.blink.png

Police are appealing to the public for help in identifying the "gun"man.

• Like 1

He gave them the slip?

• Like 2

He gave them the slip?

If he wasn't so yellow the guy wouldn't have split. (OK I'm donewink.png )

• Like 2

He gave them the slip?

Yeah probably time to stop. A bunch of banana jokes might foster ill will.

• Like 2

He gave them the slip?

Ooooooo!

1127157.jpg

Bananas Foster

Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Cook Time: 15 Minutes - Ready In: 20 Minutes - Servings: 4

"Bananas are cooked in a bubbling pan of dark brown sugar, butter, rum and cinnamon and served over ice cream with walnuts in this elegant, quick dessert."

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup butter

2/3 cup dark brown sugar

3 1/2 tablespoons rum

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise

and crosswise

1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1 pint vanilla ice cream

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.

• Like 2

From DU (I must share the pain)

Facts Our Party Will Not Officially Admit, That It Must

1. The preceding "administration" was a dictatorship. It didn't merely violate the Constitution, in the way that American Presidencies may play fast and loose with the laws - it existed completely outside of the law, with the enthusiastic consent and support of the military high command and security apparatus.

(Snip)

Then it begins to get really crazy! smile.png

• Like 1

Comment on post below: Of Course God Knows How To Make Lemonade!

14 IS militants killed as their rocket explodes http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/14-is-militants-killed-as-their-rocket-explodes-114091601405_1.html

ArabsWithRocket.jpg

Baghdad, Sep 16 (IANS/EFE)

At least 14 members of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist group were killed Tuesday near Baghdad when a rocket whose warhead they were filling with chlorine gas exploded.

Iraqi security officials said seven more IS militants were injured in the incident, which occurred near the town of al-Dhuluiya, about 90 km north of Baghdad.

Al-Dhuluiya was also where four members of the Iraqi security forces and Shiite militiamen suffered symptoms of asphyxiation after inhaling chlorine gas released by two improvised explosive devices.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via iOTW

Fascinating interview:

EXCLUSIVE: Q&A with former Islamic State member http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/culture/exclusive-qa-with-former-islamic-state-member_26696

Islamic State (IS) member "Sherko Omer" would now be a dead jihadist hadn’t he surrendered to the pro-Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in northeast Syria earlier this year. Journalist Rozh Ahmad met him to learn more about the experience.

In this interview "Omer" explains how he left his hometown in Iraqi Kurdistan to join the Syrian opposition and eventually became an IS member, what he witnessed and the reasons for which he risked his life to exit the extremist Islamic organisation.

Why and how did you join the Islamic State (IS) in Syria?

Two friends and I decided to leave Iraqi Kurdistan to join the Syrian opposition and its fight against the regime. In October 2013 we got contacts from several people close to the Kurdistan Islamic Group (Komal) in my hometown, Halabja. We were told that the contacts were members of the Free Syria Army (FSA). We met the contacts in Turkey and they took us to a hotel for few days. Afterward, they took us to a training camp on the Turkey-Syria border and we found ourselves at an ISIS (or IS) camp instead of FSA.

But how is it possible that you weren’t aware your contacts were IS jihadists?

Well, we spoke with them in standard Arabic but they did not mention anything about IS until we were at the training camp. They talked against the regime as a machinery killing its own Muslim people and we had already heard that from FSA on TV. Moreover, they had no beards, dressed in modern clothes and even took us to a hotel in the Turkish city of Kilis. We therefore assumed that they were FSA not IS, as did many others who came to Turkey to join the Syrian opposition but joined us at the IS camp.

Scissors-32x32.png

So, IS promises its' recruits 72 virgin angels and you are saying this is not "anti-Islamic propaganda" as some people may otherwise claim?

We were promised women in heaven and on earth too based on IS jihadist teaching of the verses of some Suras of the holy book of Quran and hadiths by prophet Muhammad, all of which were explained through the Tafsir (explanation) by Islamic scholars like Ibn Majah, Bukhari and Ibn Kathir. We were told all non-Muslim women prisoners will be our wives and God wills it.

In Islamic holy war you cannot kill enemy women and children under any circumstances, they can only be taken as prisoners. It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with the captive women even if jihadists are married. You can buy and sell these women but for the children you have to raise them as home workers or teach them to become jihadists. I did none of these things because I was a communication technician not in the battlefield. And, who would claim otherwise when IS openly and proudly say they are carrying out these acts as implementation of Islamic Sharia.

Nonetheless, there are Muslim women who willingly offer their bodies for IS jihadists and this is called "Sex for Jihad" and they too will be compensated in heaven according to IS. However, these women were mostly with the commanders, I did not see average jihadist fighters with these Muslim women.

And everyone believed in this at the camp?

The consequences of disbelieving were not clear in an environment where they practice beheading. Nonetheless, many IS jihadist fighters truly believed all this but foreign recruits had no clue as to what the verses of holy Quran actually meant. I saw many foreign recruits who were put in the suicide squads not because they were "great and God wanted it" as IS commanders praised them in front of us, but basically because they were useless for IS, they spoke no Arabic, they weren’t good fighters and had no professional skills. They were brainwashed into the “women in heaven” and those they could rape on earth before they eventually killed themselves. I am alive partly thanks to my qualifications.

You have to remember that IS has been portrayed as an organisation of gangs only, although this is evident what they do, but the political leadership pay unbelievable attention to education and educated recruits. But at the end of the day good moral values are based on the way education and intelligence are being used.

Scissors-32x32.png

I saw six jihadists demanding that a Christian women and her daughter become their wives. The daughter was about 12-13-years-old. I told the jihadists forcing women is forbidden in Islam and children can't be touched under any circumstances. They loaded their guns in my face and told me to leave. I immediately left to the local court that was based in a small house, but the judge was worse, he said I was wrong because 13-year-old girl is not considered a child, essentially because prophet Muhammad married his wife, Aisha, when she was only 9 years old. He accused me of having poor faith in the practices of prophet Muhammad for which I could have been detained and possibly punished with tough sentences, but my field commander soon arrived and saved me.

This was the reason that made you leave IS?

I wanted to leave first week into my post in Al-Raqqa but I was a coward, scared of getting beheaded and did not know my way out. Unlike at the camp, IS jihadists acted as God in Al-Raqqa. They were rude, arrested and killed anybody for no real reason.

I decided to risk my life to escape after I witnessed a wounded captured Kurdish YPG fighter publically beheaded. He was about my age, but unlike me he was extremely brave. He spat on every jihadist around him. He shouted slogans about Kurdish freedom and Abdullah Ocalan. I had never seen anyone so brave in my life. His fingers were cut yet he shouted insults against the jihadists. He was finally beheaded from behind to suffer and salt was put on his half-cult neck to die in agony but he did not give up until he painfully died this way. Children too were present at the public execution. However, I felt very sick afterward and did not sleep for a week thinking I am either going to runaway or kill myself, but thank God the chance came soon afterward in the city of Serekaniye.

Scissors-32x32.png

And what about the Ceylanpinar Turkish border post that is heavily controlled by Turkish soldiers?

They just turned a blind eye.

How?

We were initially told by the IS field commander to fear nothing because there was cooperation with the Turks at the border. The watchtower light caught us and our commander said everybody should stop but do not look at the light. He talked on the radio, then the watchtower light began to move after 8-10 minutes and that was the signal saying we could safely cross the border.

Scissors-32x32.png

YourMiddleEast Via WeaselZippers

From DU (I must share the pain)

Facts Our Party Will Not Officially Admit, That It Must

1. The preceding "administration" was a dictatorship. It didn't merely violate the Constitution, in the way that American Presidencies may play fast and loose with the laws - it existed completely outside of the law, with the enthusiastic consent and support of the military high command and security apparatus.

(Snip)

Then it begins to get really crazy! smile.png

Wait...Bush was a Dicktator, yet peacefully left at the end of his term? I wasn't aware dicktators had terms shorter than life. Huh.

Thats...

Zimmerman-trial-1-600x350.jpg

• Like 1

He gave them the slip?

Ooooooo!

1127157.jpg

Bananas Foster

Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Cook Time: 15 Minutes - Ready In: 20 Minutes - Servings: 4

"Bananas are cooked in a bubbling pan of dark brown sugar, butter, rum and cinnamon and served over ice cream with walnuts in this elegant, quick dessert."

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup butter

2/3 cup dark brown sugar

3 1/2 tablespoons rum

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise

and crosswise

1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1 pint vanilla ice cream

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.

Oh yes! And double the rum

• Like 1

California boy gets detention for sharing school-prepared lunch with another student

A 13-year-old California boy was reportedly placed in detention for sharing a school-prepared lunch with another student.

Kyle Bradford, a student at Weaverville Elementary School in Weaverville, Calif., was disciplined after sharing his chicken burrito with a friend who didn't like the cheese sandwich he was given by the cafeteria, KRCR-TV reported.

"It seemed like he couldn't get a normal lunch so I just wanted to give mine to him because I wasn't really that hungry and it was just going to go in the garbage if I didn't eat it," Bradford told the website.

The Trinity Alps Unified School District, however, has rules that prohibit students from sharing food -- claiming that students can have allergies their classmates may not be aware of, according to the website.

California boy gets detention for sharing school-prepared lunch with another student

"It seemed like he couldn't get a normal lunch so I just wanted to give mine to him because I wasn't really that hungry and it was just going to go in the garbage if I didn't eat it," Bradford told the website.

The Trinity Alps Unified School District, however, has rules that prohibit students from sharing food -- claiming that students can have allergies their classmates may not be aware of, according to the website.

Where is my club!