9:30am (ET) LIVE: House Oversight Cmte. Hears About IRS and Conservative Organizations

Valin

@cudjo

You are uber qualified. You could easily serve as President.

That depends on how much she likes to travel. wink.png

Traveling on someone else's dime, yeah I could get the hang of that

• Like 1

AH HA! It's all Citizens United's fault. Well glad we've got that cleared up

Mr. Welch is bucking for a seat on SCOTUS. He is uber qualified as well :)

Obama going to OKC on Sunday. Haven't they been through enough?

Last time he came our governor found somewhere else to be, so did the Lt Governor. He is not well liked here, didn't even carry one county in either election

David Freddoso ‏@freddoso 1m

Q: How can you find out what happened if Lerner took the fifth? Carney: We'll just check some reporters' phone records. #nonotreally

Obama going to OKC on Sunday. Haven't they been through enough?

Last time he came our governor found somewhere else to be, so did the Lt Governor. He is not well liked here, didn't even carry one county in either election

Gee I can't for the life of me understand why.

rolleyes.gif

clearvision

What exactly...legally does Social Welfare mean?

Giving money to any dem group, cause, activity. Note it is the opposite of a political activity which includes giving money to any rep group cause or activity.

What exactly...legally does Social Welfare mean?

Giving money to any dem group, cause, activity. Note it is the opposite of a political activity which includes giving money to any rep group cause or activity.

Is there a legal definition in the tax code...or federal law? It's one thing to say you are a Social Welfare group, great fine, but what the hell does that mean? I know politically what it means, but what legally does it mean.

I just had a message on my TV wanting to know if I was still watching this channel, what the heck, does the cable company regulate how long you can watch cspan?

White House Set to Throw Lerner Under the Bus

snips

Wednesday morning, prominent liberal journalists, Josh Marshall and Ezra Klein, both called on Lerner to be fired. Their articles calling for Lerner to be fired were posted within 30 minutes of each other, just as the hearing was getting under way.

Which is interesting considering this tweet yesterday from NPR correspondent Ira Shapiro:

Spotted: @joshtpm @CapehartJ @ezraklein & other lefty columnists headed into the West Wing as a group. POTUS coffee? Carney meeting? Anyone?

White House Set to Throw Lerner Under the Bus

snips

Wednesday morning, prominent liberal journalists, Josh Marshall and Ezra Klein, both called on Lerner to be fired. Their articles calling for Lerner to be fired were posted within 30 minutes of each other, just as the hearing was getting under way.

Which is interesting considering this tweet yesterday from NPR correspondent Ira Shapiro:

Spotted: @joshtpm @CapehartJ @ezraklein & other lefty columnists headed into the West Wing as a group. POTUS coffee? Carney meeting? Anyone?

To repeat.......Lois Lerner has not heard the last of this.

Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner lost her rights

RACHAEL BADE

5/22/13

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa said embattled IRS official Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights and will be hauled back to appear before his panel again.

The California Republican said Lerner’s Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination was voided when she gave an opening statement this morning denying any wrongdoing and professing pride in her government service.

“When I asked her her questions from the very beginning, I did so so she could assert her rights prior to any statement,” Issa told POLITICO. “She chose not to do so — so she waived.”

(Snip)

• Like 1