EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

Pepper

The Benghazi attack represented A Clear And Present Danger

October 27, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama,Foreign Affairs,Libya,Libya,War On Terror | Posted by Michael Laprarie

… to President Obama’s Nobel laureate legacy.

Sadly, as I have been watching events and information unfold this week, that is the only conclusion I can draw.

How dangerous was it to give a Nobel Peace Prize to a man who had, at the time of acceptance (itself an act of supreme arrogance and hubris) done absolutely nothing to establish or promote world peace?

Mobs ran wild throughout the Middle East, replacing stable, known government leaders (though admittedly leaders with blood on their hands) with enigmatic governments that have direct ties to radical Islam. Our “smart” diplomats called it “Arab Spring” and celebrated the arrival of “peace” and “democracy” it its wake.

Our establishment media chose to ignore Bashar Assad’s murder of 30,000 Syrian civilians and instead focused on his glamour-puss wife Asma, “A Rose In The Desert,” in a puffy piece of yellow journalism so odious it was given top honors in this year’s Walter Duranty Prize competition.

The White House is still running its victory lap over the killing of Osama bin Laden, and pushing an official meme declaring that Al Qaeda died along with him. Meanwhile, Afghanistan deteriorates as coordinated attacks by well-armed militants destroy key military outposts, “friendly” police and security forces turn against US troops, and civilians are dying by the hundreds because of escalated and continuing drone attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

And now, four Americans are dead because our Administration made the deliberate choice not to officially authorize the use of deadly force to stop the September 11 terrorist attack on our embassy in Benghazi.

The facts are abundantly clear. Top military Scissors-32x32.png

Then again, maybe that will be our responsibility on November 6.

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/10/27/the-benghazi-attack-represented-a-clear-and-present-danger/

I saw a rumor today that the general in charge of Africom was removed from duty during the raid. Is this true?

It appears it is.

Tiger Droppings

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon.

I found this story when I got home after hearing this story.

Obama to nominate Army Gen. Rodriguez to lead AFRICOM

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

Both appointments must be confirmed by the Senate.

NORTH: Obama’s Benghazi failure

President did nothing to save American lives - Oliver North

Scissors-32x32.png

“We the People” need to know the answer because we are about to hire — or rehire — a commander in chief. The response is crucial to determining whether the incumbent is competent to fulfill the responsibilities of the job or should be replaced. Fortunately, we have a standard of behavior for a commander in chief in a previous well-documented terror event: Ronald Reagan during the Achille Lauro incident.

I saw a rumor today that the general in charge of Africom was removed from duty during the raid. Is this true?

It appears it is.

Tiger Droppings

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon.

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

If he has to be confirmed by the Senate, I am sure there are some Senators that are going to have some very interesting questions for him!

• Like 1

Bret Baier ‏@BretBaier

multiple sources incldg Gen Ham himself say the report that he was relieved of his cmd over Benghazi, or anything else, are NOT true - 1/2.

Bret Baier ‏@BretBaier

2/2 it was a long scheduled change of command at AFRICOM announced on Oct 19...We are digging on all fronts but we will always be fair

It appears it is.

Tiger Droppings

quote:

If he has to be confirmed by the Senate, I am sure there are some Senators that are going to have some very interesting questions for him!

"President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez"

This goes back to Oct. 3.

• Like 1

It is going to take a long time for this story to shake out. Until then , stories like Ham are going to be topics that keep coming up.

I'm thinking the safe bet, until we see some "facts" that say otherwise....

General Ham was relieved of duty 9/11/12 and it was "prearranged as of Oct 3rd and announced 10/18/2012.

Fox now back with Benghazi news

Catherine Herridge and clip of Mike Rogers R-ILL

Re training A Q camps Benghazi and no info on video & disconnect between intelligence briefings and those reported to

Sources reported Petraeus seemed "wedded to the narrative of the video" and are angry that Petraeus had not provided more complete picture

Link to Fox News article by Catherine Herridge

Early Briefings on Libya Strike Focused on Al Qaeda, Before Story Changed

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

Don't know original author. It may be something written in the first few years of the Reign of an Error.

• Like 2

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

Don't know original author. It may be something written in the first few years of the Reign of an Error.

I remember that quote, but I don't remember the author either. So so true!