Conventions Part Two – Here come the Democrats

Draggingtree

Am I missing anything...other than a splitting headache?

And an almost uncontrollable desire to grab a rifle and head for the nearest tall building?

Cleverest Remark on DNC and Clinton

September 6, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia 28 Comments

peter-denies-three-times.gif

Scissors-32x32.png

Yesterday, the DNC had to pretend it had a 2/3 vote to assert that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and for the inclusion of the phrase, “God-given gifts” into their national platform, because three attempts to vote couldn’t bring it. Whether it was the “God” language or the “Jerusalem” language they resisted more is hard to say. But the nays seem to have it it.

And then, of course, the mob boo’ed, jeered and hissed.

Later, Bill Clinton came out and did what Bill Clinton does better than almost anyone.

This morning, appeared on my Facebook wall the cleverest remark about it all:

“So, after they denied God three times, the cock crowed; what next?”

LMFAO.gif

• Like 2

Cleverest Remark on DNC and Clinton

September 6, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia 28 Comments

peter-denies-three-times.gif

Scissors-32x32.png

Yesterday, the DNC had to pretend it had a 2/3 vote to assert that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and for the inclusion of the phrase, “God-given gifts” into their national platform, because three attempts to vote couldn’t bring it. Whether it was the “God” language or the “Jerusalem” language they resisted more is hard to say. But the nays seem to have it it.

And then, of course, the mob boo’ed, jeered and hissed.

Later, Bill Clinton came out and did what Bill Clinton does better than almost anyone.

This morning, appeared on my Facebook wall the cleverest remark about it all:

“So, after they denied God three times, the cock crowed; what next?”

LMFAO.gif

Best one I've heard in a long time, @saveliberty. Great find! LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

• Like 1

Associated Press headline (already in some online papers) for Obama's speech tonite:

Obama speech: Hope has become hang in there

Associated Press headline (already in some online papers) for Obama's speech tonite:

Obama speech: Hope has become hang in there

Seattle Post Intelligencer‎

Nominating Biden..... Starts with according to our rules one one person can be our nominee..... The crowd is sad...

They like to do things.

Collectively, of course.

Bill Clinton Is Still Talking

By Jim Geraghty

Scissors-32x32.png

Three sections from the Morning Jolt of Thursday:

Lucky for Republicans, Bill Clinton Thinks He’s Too Good for an Editor

Bill Clinton saved Republicans by being self-indulgent.

Because, for about ten to fifteen minutes last night, ol’ Bubba’s mojo was working. Clinton is the best speaker the Democrats have — much better than Obama. Just one serving of Clinton’s emoting demonstrates how overrated Obama’s in-this-moment-we-make-history grandeur shtick is. So they gave Clinton the toughest assignments: Persuade the public that the so-called “recovery” is the best anyone could have hoped for, that none of the Republican criticisms of Obama raise any legitimate points, and that there really is reason to believe that the next four years will be better than the past four.

Clinton has a gift for making the unreasonable sound reasonable and making the reasonable sound unreasonable, and it worked for the first . . . ten to fifteen minutes or so. But somewhere around “partnership, not partisanship” — a sentiment completely at odds with every other speech given at this convention, and about 99 percent of the messaging from the Obama campaign and its allied super PACs — the speech became a bridge too far. And then it went on. And on. And on. Longer than Clinton’s much-mocked 1988 keynote address.

The nightly newscasts were delayed considerably. The comments on Twitter became less adoring and cheering and more and more questions about when Clinton would wrap it up. And Clinton’s speech just kept going.

I can't stand to stay up to watch, but Stephen Green confirms that he will be drunkblogging the President's speech.

Program Note

September 6th, 2012 - 11:50 am

Despite a nasty head cold and sore throat (and hangover), of course I’m drunkblogging President Empty Chair’s big speech tonight.

Check in at the PJM home page tonight.

{url=http://modicumofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-dnc-has-age-problem.html]The DNC Has An Age Problem[/url]

(Snip)

So I got curious. And did some math (not my area of expertise, but hey, I was curious.) Out of all the speakers at the DNC thus far this week--I'll revise this after tonight--the average age was almost 60 (59.7195).

And the speakers at the RNC? Over a decade younger! (48.8889)

(Snip)

Just tuned in. Barack saved my life and my country!

Why do these people yell and use that finger to point at us?

hate that.

carry on!