Conventions Part Two – Here come the Democrats

Draggingtree

@Valin

I couldn't watch the Dems, watched a replay of last Saturday's Boise v Michigan State instead

I went back and forth from

to the convention. 3 guesses which one was more interesting? laugh.png

Mychall Massie

logo9.gif

Scissors-32x32.png

The truth is I do not like the Obamas, what they represent, their ideology, and I certainly do not like his policies and legislation. I've made no secret of my contempt for the Obamas. As I responded to the person who asked me the aforementioned question, I don't like them because they are committed to the fundamental change of my/our country into what can only be regarded as a Communist state.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 3

One of the "Bain" people last night....

“In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised — they were all gone,” he said. Read his full speech here

But Foster, according to a former spokesman for GST Steel, never actually worked for the company.

“David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel’s Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel, but was not employed at our facility,” according to BC Huselton, who was head of HR at GST.

Link

The $4.351 Trillion Difference Between Obama & Clinton

2:40 PM, Sep 5, 2012 • By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Always looking "forward," President Obama has asked Bill Clinton—who was elected to the presidency 20 years ago—to speak tonight and suggest to the American people (whether explicitly or implicitly) that this is really a choice between Clinton and George W. Bush, rather than between Obama and Mitt Romney. If you're Obama, this beats running on your record.

The only problem with this—in addition to the fact that Romney isn't Bush (and Paul Ryan isn't Dick Cheney)—is that Obama's record doesn't bear much resemblance to Clinton's. One could point to the rather obvious differences between the strong Clinton economy and the anemic Obama economy, between Clinton's signing welfare reform into law and Obama's undermining it via executive order, between Clinton's tacking to the center to work with Republicans and Obama's not moving to the center but playing to his base (rejecting the Keystone Pipeline, embracing gay marriage, making it illegal for Americans to offer or to choose health plans that don't Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/4351-trillion-difference-between-obama-and-clinton_651748.html

Ha. The Weather Channel just upped the rain chances for 7pm in Charlotte to 80%, it was 30% for the past few days. 6pm is 20%, 8pm is 30%, 9pm is 30% and 10pm is 0%.

I'm sure there is no way the could be providing last minute cover....

• Like 1

Ha. The Weather Channel just upped the rain chances for 7pm in Charlotte to 80%, it was 30% for the past few days. 6pm is 20%, 8pm is 30%, 9pm is 30% and 10pm is 0%.

I'm sure there is no way the could be provided last minute cover....

Well. I guess he can make the sea rise. Or something.

SittingBullElizWarren.jpg#elizabeth%20warren%20indian%20347x453

Not only Sitting Bull but Speaking Bull S%$#

From the Blaze, Elizabeth Warren:

“No, Gov. Romney, corporations are not people. People have hearts, they have kids, they get jobs, they get sick, they cry, they dance. They live, they love, and they die. And that matters. That matters because we don’t run this country for corporations, we run it for people. And that’s why we need Barack Obama.”

• Like 1

Gold: “The Daily Show” on Democratic “tolerance”

Allahpundit

September 6, 2012

So oblivious are the subjects here to the joke that it’s hard to believe they’re not in on it, although admittedly TDS has always had a knack for finding people like that. (Or for editing them to seem that way?) I’m happy to grant Stewart et al. the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was meant as a straight-up rally-for-sanity knock on the left’s definition of “openmindedness,” but watching it made me think of Joe Klein’s piece in Time last weekend urging the Democrats to stop playing identity politics. For a very good strategic reason:

(Snip)

Anyway, fun clip, especially in light of the latest Nazi reference at the convention. I’ll leave you with this graph via Dan Amira of New York magazine, who interviewed 50 convention attendees at random. See if you can figure out a connection between the TDS segment and these results:

ra.jpg

Hope and Change 2 - The Party of Inclusion

At the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC, the Best F#@king News Team Ever tests the limits of the Democratic Party's big-tent inclusiveness.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

We are 3 hours from Charlotte and we just had massive T storms push through but still very wet and cloudy. Son says raining south of downtown Charlotte where he is.

righteousmomma

Was not the original place for the o's speech the TWC Bobcat arena that holds about 20,000? Then ego could not resist the Bank of America ? Not that it matters or I really care.