Coffee Shop

Rheo

What I was implying, after viewing that video, is that anyone who honestly thinks that Guam is going to capsize because of added Marines and their dependents is probably not capable of breathing without reminders.

In otherwards, HOW STUPID IS HE?

Given he is

A. A politician

B. A Democrat politician

I would say......thinking.gif right around 4 IQ points less than a flatworm. But I do admit to being a bit of an optimist, so take that into consideration.

From what I have read about Obama's speech last nice, wrapping up the quadrenial DNC Freak Show and Orgy, he hasn't really paid attention to Lincoln's statement about fooling the people.

SSDD is just not going to work this time around and I really think he has his eye on the string of priority tee-times in Hawaii, starting in late January 2013. The job just involves too much work to retain his interest. He is more into being worshipped and not expected to make decisions.

• Like 2

NSFW

40 Clint Eastwood Quotes Illustrating the Obama Years

That was great! Make sure to see it through to the very end.

Top Comments

390 likes / 14 dislikes.................will be the same ratio in November .

RickinFLA07 1 week ago

NSFW

40 Clint Eastwood Quotes Illustrating the Obama Years

That was great! Make sure to see it through to the very end.

Lets Play Name That Movie.

And how many of them have you seen.

LMFAO.gif

A lot of the time (most of the time?) after I've seen a movie I forget that I've seen it. Or at least I've forgetten what it was about. unsure.png

A lot of the time (most of the time?) after I've seen a movie I forget that I've seen it. Or at least I've forgetten what it was about. unsure.png

Know what you mean, near the end of second time seeing movie all of a sudden I go duh, I've seen this, by then might as well finish watching

• Like 1

Surprise! HHS pilot program to send 2 million poor seniors from Medicare into … voucher programs

posted at 11:01 am on September 8, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Scissors-32x32.png

I know that every campaign promise Barack Obama makes has an expiration date … but this is ridiculous. The confetti is barely off the floor at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina after Obama’s acceptance speech, and already we find out that he’s flip-flopped. Remember this part of the speech, in which he attacks the Paul Ryan plan to apply free-market reform and cost controls to Medicare?

Politicians are Really Smart!

Open your mouth and prove just how really, really, really unqualified you are for the position you hold. Yvette Clarke is an embarrassment to the United States House of Representatives, the state of New York, and the United States as a nation.

I agree with her being awarded the New York Knucklehead Award. New York seems to be issuing quite a few of these lately but Ms Clarke must rank at the very top of the list of recipients with her latest airhead remarks.

Politicians are Really Smart!

Open your mouth and prove just how really, really, really unqualified you are for the position you hold. Yvette Clarke is an embarrassment to the United States House of Representatives, the state of New York, and the United States as a nation.

Your Mother, Father, 4th grade teacher, the parking lot attendant, your great great great grand daughter's next door neighbor.

Transformers 2

Obama was honest when he said he wanted to remake America.

Scissors-32x32.png

For all the spin and deception of politics, sooner or later every politician reveals his true purposes. For Barack Obama, one of those moments came when he declared shortly before the 2008 election that "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." Above all else, the President who asked voters for a second term Thursday night sees himself as destined to transform America according to his own progressive dreams.

Related Video

090612opiniongreenberg_512x288.jpg

For most of 2008, Mr. Obama was able to disguise this ambition behind his gauzy rhetoric of hope and post-partisanship. The fine print of his agenda betrayed his plans to expand and entrench the entitlement state, but most voters ignored that as they chose his cool confidence over John McCain's manic intensity amid a financial panic.

H/T Hot Air

Op-Ed Columnist

The Magic Is Gone

By ROSS DOUTHAT

Published: September 8, 2012 20 Comments

Scissors-32x32.png

THE Obama era in American politics began almost exactly eight years ago in Boston, when a youthful Senate candidate’s soaring speech to the Democratic National Convention stole the show from the actual Democratic nominee.

Douthat_New-articleInline-v2.jpg

Josh Haner/The New York Times

It ended, to all intents and purposes, last Thursday night in Charlotte, when a weary-seeming incumbent delivered perhaps the fourth-best major address at his own convention — a plodding, hectoring speech that tacitly acknowledged that this White House is out of ideas, out of options and no longer the master of its fate.

H/T Hot Air

Op-Ed Columnist

The Magic Is Gone

By ROSS DOUTHAT

Published: September 8, 2012 20 Comments

Scissors-32x32.png

THE Obama era in American politics began almost exactly eight years ago in Boston, when a youthful Senate candidate’s soaring speech to the Democratic National Convention stole the show from the actual Democratic nominee.

Douthat_New-articleInline-v2.jpg

Josh Haner/The New York Times

It ended, to all intents and purposes, last Thursday night in Charlotte, when a weary-seeming incumbent delivered perhaps the fourth-best major address at his own convention — a plodding, hectoring speech that tacitly acknowledged that this White House is out of ideas, out of options and no longer the master of its fate.

H/T Hot Air

Well he is after all the 4th best President...so this figures.

Current rating: 4.7 (13 ratings)

Sermon 609 : The Deafness of Secular Man : 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time

9/9/2012

Please click the play button above to listen now.

The healing of the deaf mute indicates not only a display of Christ's divine power to heal, but provides an image of how ideological secularism dulls our spiritual senses and inhibits our capacity to receive God's life and presence. Faith in Christ empowers us to become sensitive to the life and presence of God as he makes himself known in our lives and in the world.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

Listen to Father Barron weekly on Relevant Radio

Trackback URL: http://www.wordonfire.org/trackback/57858ac9-5c51-459d-b470-dd8d9434a627/Sermon-609---The-Deafness-of-Secular-Man---23rd-Sunday-in-Ordinary-Time.aspx