Coffee Shop

Rheo

More on the "twosome" from Rolling Stone....

Rolling Stone

e238f61c10cecffab2f2c867396d58e987d0f882.jpg

Colin Powell, Louis Farrakhan and Miss World Lisa Hanna

Colin Powell and Louis Farrakhan confer with Jamaica's Minister of Culture (and former Miss World pageant winner) Lisa Hanna. Powell and Farrakhan, both of whom have parents hailing from the island, were among the foreign dignitaries in attendance at Monday night’s independence gala at the National Stadium.

I'm sorry, but I saw Colin Powell speak at a convention a couple years ago, and the more I saw of him the less I liked him. His speech was an opportunity to discuss the importance of giving back, of being more. Instead, it was a strung together chain of anecdotes about his time in high places and the things he missed about it. He talked about the trappings, and sort of joked about being a "little person" again. It was uncomfortable and while there were a few important moments, it was really just a "look at me" speech. It was similarly narcissistic and self congratulatory as some of the speeches that I hear from Obama.

Now I am not under any illusions—there are a LOT of people in politics like that. They are just not the ones I trust and admire.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I saw Colin Powell speak at a convention a couple years ago, and the more I saw of him the less I liked him. His speech was an opportunity to discuss the importance of giving back, of being more. Instead, it was a strung together chain of anecdotes about his time in high places and the things he missed about it. He talked about the trappings, and sort of joked about being a "little person" again. It was uncomfortable and while there were a few important moments, it was really just a "look at me" speech. It was similarly narcissistic and self congratulatory as some of the speeches that I hear from Obama.

Now I am not under any illusions—there are a LOT of people in politics like that. They are just not the ones I trust and admire.

Something that was pointed out years ago on TOS (don't recall who & I paraphrase) "There are two kinds of Generals one kind does whatever they can to stay as far away from Washington DC as they can, the other kind wants to spend all the time they can in Washington DC. One wants to kill bad guys, one want to attend cocktail parties."

Now you need both, but lets not confuse the two.

Something that was pointed out years ago on TOS (don't recall who & I paraphrase) "There are two kinds of Generals one kind does whatever they can to stay as far away from Washington DC as they can, the other kind wants to spend all the time they can in Washington DC. One wants to kill bad guys, one want to attend cocktail parties."

Excellent. And true.

Mr. P and I were just discussing the difference between leaders and bureaucrats a moment ago in another context. You need both, but the problem comes when you put them in the wrong chairs. Eastwoodianly speaking.

Say "Eastwoodianly" five times fast.

Good conversation.guys. My two cents, there are generals and there are politicians. It is sort of easy to recognize the two.

• Like 1

Excellent. And true.

Mr. P and I were just discussing the difference between leaders and bureaucrats a moment ago in another context. You need both, but the problem comes when you put them in the wrong chairs. Eastwoodianly speaking.

Good conversation.guys. My two cents, there are generals and there are politicians. It is sort of easy to recognize the two.

I made it through saying it five times fast. But I can't type it five times fast. :lol:

I made it through saying it five times fast. But I can't type it five times fast. laugh.png

laugh.png

Drew Peterson found guilty of Kathleen Savio's death:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-day-2-of-jury-deliberations-20120906,0,3642366.story

3:50 p.m. Jurors say they reached 'just'' verdict

Jurors released a statement saying "after much deliberation we have reached a decision we believe is just."

September 05, 2012

God is reinstated by the democrats .... you know what this means, don't you ....

http://wintersoldier2008.typepad.com/summer_patriot_winter_sol/2012/09/god-is-reinstated-by-the-democrats-you-know-what-this-means-dont-you-.html

it means precisely this.--

the delegates to the democratic convention are even more looney tunes in a purely ideological sense than those crack pots wanna be dictators who are running the show.

think about that.

refute it if you can.Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

This is great.

Debbie "Blabbermouth" DNC chair denies she ever told a "Jewish training group" that the Republicans are dangerous to Israel and that a "conservative newspaper" " misquoted me"

Guess what? The reporter for the Washinton Examiner, Joe Klein, has her ON TAPE saying it..

What I was implying, after viewing that video, is that anyone who honestly thinks that Guam is going to capsize because of added Marines and their dependents is probably not capable of breathing without reminders.

In otherwards, HOW STUPID IS HE?

My late Dad spent time on Guam during World War II with the late Jackie Cooper. They were both swabbies. He said all they could do was their regular jobs, climb coconut trees for the coconuts and pitch horseshoes. (He was one heck of a horseshoe pitcher!). When they got really bored, they would check out M-1s and go out hunting Jap Holdouts!