2012 Presidential Election part 2

Valin

Draggingtree

Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments

" Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

An impressive list of accomplishments:

• First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.

• First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

• First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States

• First President to violate the War Powers Act.

• First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

• First President to defy a Federal Judge's court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.

• First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.

• First President to spend a trillion dollars on 'shovel-ready' jobs when there was no such thing as 'shovel-ready' jobs.

• First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters. Scissors-32x32.png read more Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments

• Like 1

TWS: Obama Cites 'Independent, Non-Partisan Study' Written by Former Staffer, Close Ally

"This wasn’t my staff," Obama insists.

DANIEL HALPER

Aug 1, 2012

(Snip)

(Snip)

The president is right, up to a point: The study was not written by an Obama staffer, but by a former Obama staffer--and a close ally.

(Snip)

As Looney's biography page at the Brookings Institution states, "Looney was the senior economist for public finance and tax policy with the President’s Council of Economic Advisers and has been an economist at the Federal Reserve Board."

(Snip)

Likewise, Gale's a close ally of the White House and took part in Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's "Fiscal Responsibility Summit" in 2009, not that he's partisan or dependent, according to President Obama's statement today.

(Snip)

@pollyannaish

What we see here is yet one more example of the divide in our society. The Left is shocked and appalled at this, the right says...About Damn Time.

Notice also the underlying premise of the reporterettes question...ie Mitt was wrong, Mitt made a Gaff. This may provide us with a teachable moment.

Absolutely.

That is what I am doing....making lemonade.

Sometimes, lemonade is all you have.

Well, you guys better not be selling that lemonade or I'm tellin'wink.png

Romney adviser to Harry Reid: 'Have you no sense of decency, sir?'

To which Harry replied, 'No not really'<<<<<an imaginary conversation. WashingtonTimes has the story here:

http://www.washingto...-sense-decency/

Harry's comment about Romney having to prove this accusation is false is more bizarre than the actual claim, IMO. Next he will be asking if Mitt still beats his wife. I think ol' Harry took a few more punches to his head than he cares to (or can remember) admit.

That is what I am doing....making lemonade.

Sometimes, lemonade is all you have.

Well, you guys better not be selling that lemonade or I'm tellin'wink.png

Mine is 100% Obama Lemonade.....a small lukewarm glass of water with a lemon under glass sitting next to it.....all made by someone else.

Romney adviser to Harry Reid: 'Have you no sense of decency, sir?'

To which Harry replied, 'No not really'<<<<<an imaginary conversation. WashingtonTimes has the story here:

This is Dingy Harry we're talking about. Harry Reid, The Chicago Outfit, Los Vegas....connect the dots.

Draggingtree

The Most Important Press Conference Ever Held at Any Time in U.S. History: Part I

Aug 1st, 2012 by

TMH

Right Side News

By: James Simpson for Right Side News

The Vetting: Obama, Radical Islam and the Soros Connnection

On Thursday, July 19th, Cliff Kincaid of

America’s Survival held a critical National Press Club event: The Vetting: Obama, Radical Islam and the Soros Connection. At this pivotal time, we face a national election that may well determine the fate of our great country. And as America goes, so goes the Thus, it is not an exaggeration to describe this as the most important press conference in U.S. history, because it explicitly details, with new facts and more evidence than ever presented in one place at one time, from extensive, highly credible sources, the dangerously extremist nature of President Obama and the true goals of his virulently anti-American, radical leftist administration.

It further reveals how a huge network of U.S. and foreign communist and hard left organizations connected to this President has colluded with radical Islam for decades to oversee the destruction of their mutual enemy: America. Overshadowing all is the malevolent

Soros network, and the billions he and others like him are devoting to facilitate this goal.

This information simply must reach the electorate before November.

Speakers include veteran investigative reporter Trevor Loudon, author of Barack Obama and

world.

Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

The Most Important Press Conference Ever Held at Any Time in U.S. History

The Most Important? Really. Good thing Jim is not using hyperbole or anything. rolleyes.gif

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

The Most Important? Really. Good thing Jim is not using hyperbole or anything. rolleyes.gif

So I take it you got nothing out of it ?

@Draggingtree

So I take it you got nothing out of it ?

My problem is the headline...Certain people will have a field day with it, I know were I an opponent of Cliff I look like an idiot based of the headline alone. Basically it's nothing I haven't read seen before. This (the who, what where, why, how) of this war is something that has been my obsession since...That Day.

Draggingtree

Race Isn't the Problem for Obama

By Linda Chavez · August 3, 2012

The president of the AFL-CIO is worried that President Obama is doing poorly among white, working class, male voters -- and he plans on putting 400,000 of his troops in the field in six key states to change the equation.

Recent polls show the president doing poorly with white males with less than a college education. Mitt Romney leads the president among white males voters by more than 2-to-1 in a recent Washington Post poll, with the president favored by only 28 percent of this demographic group. Other polls show similar results. Republicans have won a majority of white males' votes in most recent elections; but the president has slipped significantly among this cohort from his last race. In 2008, Obama carried Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/14311

Draggingtree

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Friday, August 03, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 43%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Following Romney’s overseas trip, 44% believe the president is better able to deal with

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Draggingtree

Harry Reid Is Lying About Mitt Romney’s Tax Returns On Purpose

August 2, 2012 | Filed under Harry Reid,Mitt Romney,The Looney Left | Posted by Doug Johnson

Why?

Well because it sells so well with the Daily Kos and Huffington Post crowd. Reid knows his charges are baseless, but he also knows that he’s unlikely to be proved wrong, so what the hell.

In an article about the Romney camp firing back at Reid, there’s this:

According to a source familiar with Reid’s thinking, the majority leader, a former boxer, considers himself a political street fighter now, willing to throw a punch and get hit back big time for a cause. In this case, the cause is making sure Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/08/02/harry-reid-is-lying-about-mitt-romneys-tax-returns-on-purpose/

Draggingtree

Can Obama's "Chemical Warfare" Keep The White Vote Down?

John Ellis on the president's negative campaign. Romney hasn't figured out an antidote.

Posted

Aug 3, 2012 7:54am EDT

President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign has spent more than $100 million on advertising over the last 3 months. Much, if not most, of it has been produced to shred Mitt Romney's reputation and suppress turnout among white voters who might vote for Romney. The outlook for August is more of the same. The outlook for September and October is probably a lot more of the same.

The 2012 president election, boiled down to its remaining variables, is about two things: (1) white voters who voted for Barrack Obama last time and have since grown disillusioned and Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnellis/can-obamas-chemical-warfare-keep-the-white-5krk

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I think the other side is going to be surprised in November. Not counting on it, but my gut is telling me its very, very different this time.

I may be wrong...but there is something the polls are not telling us this time. I wish I could quantify it.

• Like 1

I think the other side is going to be surprised in November. Not counting on it, but my gut is telling me its very, very different this time.

I may be wrong...but there is something the polls are not telling us this time. I wish I could quantify it.

IMHO

Draggingtree

ABC, NBC Fail to Lunge at Harry Reid's 'Explosive Accusation' That Romney Hasn't Paid Taxes

By Matthew Balan | August 03, 2012 | 15:37

The Big Three networks largely yawned at Majority Leader Harry Reid's wild charge on the Senate floor on Thursday that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. ABC, CBS, and NBC failed to mention it on the evening newscasts on Thursday. On Friday morning, CBS This Morning was the lone broadcast morning show to report on Reid's "explosive accusation," as correspondent Nancy Cordes put it.

By contrast, all three networks covered Rep. Joe Wilson's 2009 "you lie" shout at President Obama at the State of the Union within 24 hours and were unanimously scandalized at the "stunning moment" in the House chamber, as then-anchor Charles Gibson labeled it on ABC's World News. Both ABC and CBS trumpeted Wilson's outburst as the "shout heard 'round the world."

On Thursday evening, liberal anchor Anderson Cooper not only led his CNN program with a segment on Reid "doubling-down on unproven allegations about Mitt Romney and taxes," but also reproved Democratic pundit Paul Begala for trying to defend the Senate majority leader: "For any sitting member of Congress...to be making allegations – serious allegations about Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2012/08/03/abc-nbc-fail-lunge-harry-reids-explosive-accusation-romney-hasnt-paid#ixzz22WEb3rk8

From your lips to *Gods ear.

* Standard Disclaimer