2012 Presidential Election part 2

Valin

Mormon Utopia in Utah?

Walter Russell Mead

8/7/12

A new Gallup poll confirms what we already suspected at Via Meadia: despite incessant insinuations in the MSM that life among the Latter Day Saints could be anything other than a hell on earth, Mormon Utah is the most pleasant state in the union to live in. More than half a million Americans were asked to assess the states using a range of metrics from availability of good jobs to workplace relations to standard of living to optimism about the future, health, and education quality:

Utah does best in part because it is among the top two best-performing states for low smoking habits, ease of finding clean and safe water, having supervisors who treat workers like a partner rather than a boss, learning something new or interesting on any given day, and perceptions that your city or area are “getting better” rather than “getting worse.”

Contrary to what we’ve seen in the NYT, the tolerant, hard-working Mormons in Utah seem to be doing just fine, judging by many Americans’ standards. Perhaps Mitt Romney shouldn’t hide his Mormonism but confidently own it and be proud of his religion’s focus on values, strong communities, public service, and compassion for the poor and sick.

(Snip)

• Like 1

I've got some bad news and I got some good news. 1st the bad news...

No End in Sight for Campaigns' Negative Focus

Scott Conroy

August 8, 2012

It's going to get worse before it gets better -- if it gets better.

Both presidential candidates and their allies have for months bombarded the airwaves with an escalating series of charges and countercharges, and as any swing state voter with a television set can attest, the onslaught has only picked up during the so-called summer doldrums.

(Snip)

I lied...there is no good news. We're all (both sides) going to need a bath in Nov..

Draggingtree

I've got some bad news and I got some good news. 1st the bad news...

No End in Sight for Campaigns' Negative Focus

Scott Conroy

August 8, 2012

It's going to get worse before it gets better -- if it gets better.

Both presidential candidates and their allies have for months bombarded the airwaves with an escalating series of charges and countercharges, and as any swing state voter with a television set can attest, the onslaught has only picked up during the so-called summer doldrums.

(Snip)

I lied...there is no good news. We're all (both sides) going to need a bath in Nov..

Romney's national-security pick criticized by conservatives

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's choice of former George W. Bush Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick to lead his national-security transition team has angered conservatives, columnist Jennifer Rubin writes in The Washington Post.

Zoellick, who also served as U.S. trade representative under Bush and head of the World Bank from 2007 until 2012, is seen as insufficiently pro-Israel in some quarters, Rubin writes, in part because of his criticism of Israeli restrictions on the Palestinian economy.

Citing unnamed “foreign-policy hawks, some of whom have consulted with the Romney team,” Rubin also questions Zoellick's willingness to stand up to China, a country he has tried to coax into being a responsible player in an increasingly multipolar economic system.

(Snip)

I have a question...Why am I or any reasonably intelligent person suppose to care whether Jennypo is happy or not?

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

We all knew this was going to be a dirty campaign.

New Democrat Campaign Message: Grandma, Cliff, Some Assembly Required

Posted on | August 11, 2012 |

Members of the Democrat-Media Complex like Charles Pierce of Esquire and James Fallows of the Atlantic are already registering their disdain of Paul Ryan, and the Democrats are busy e-mailing their massive oppo-research PDF dossier to reporters, so the media attacks on Ryan are pre-scripted dictation from the DNC research department. Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://theothermccain.com/2012/08/11/new-democrat-campaign-message-grandma-cliff-some-assembly-required/

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Obama signs bill exempting presidential appointees from Senate confirmation

Published: 8:23 PM 08/10/2012

By Paul Conner

President Barack Obama signed a bill Friday evening that would exempt some senior-level presidential appointees from Senate confirmation.

Sponsored by Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer and cosponsored by Republicans and Democrats, the bill, now law, weakens the power of the legislature and strengthens the executive branch, critics have warned. The bill skated through the Senate three months after being introduced in 2011 and was passed by the Republican-controlled House 216-116 in July. Scissors-32x32.png read more http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/10/obama-signs-bill-exempting-presidential-appointees-from-senate-confirmation/

Draggingtree

Obama: “Islam Is Part Of Our National Story”…

obama-toasting.jpg

The fact that Muslims make up less than 1% of the U.S. population begs to differ.

President Obama’s remarks at his Iftar dinner

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, everybody. (Applause.) Please, please have a seat. Good evening, everyone. And welcome to the White House.

Of all the freedoms we cherish as Americans, of all the rights that we hold sacred, foremost among them is freedom of religion, the right to worship as we choose. It’s enshrined in the First Amendment of our Constitution — the law of the land, always and forever. It beats in our heart — in the soul of the people who know that our liberty and our equality is endowed by our Creator. And it runs through the history of this house, a place where Americans of many faiths can come together and celebrate their holiest of days — and that includes Ramadan.

As I’ve noted before, Thomas Jefferson once held a sunset dinner here with an envoy from Tunisia — perhaps the first Iftar at the White House, more Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/08/11/obama-islam-is-part-of-our-national-story/

Reid: The Leftyblogger Senator

Posted on August 10, 2012 by Mitch Berg

Flashback to high school:

(Harp arpeggios has hazy scene dissolves to homeroom at a high school):

GIRL: Who’s your boyfriend?

LEFTYBLOGGER: Oh – he goes to another school!

(Harps return for more arpeggions as scene dissolves, then re-establishes at college)

PROFESSOR: So what evidence did we have that Reagan was a crook that should have been in jail and who actively promoted the crack and AIDS epidemics?

FUTURE LEFTYBLOGGER: He was a Republican!

PROFESSOR: Close enough!

(Harps again; scene dissolves, then re-establishes in a basement somewhere in suburbia)

LEFTYBLOGGER: (Speaking as she types): Of course the the Burkett memos were real! One of the world’s leading forensic document analysts is in my bowling league, and she says the case that they were forged has absolutely zero merit! No, I won’t reveal her name, or the name or location of the bowling league, because I don’t want to put her in danger from all you teabagging wingnuts. But if they gave a Nobel prize for document analysis, she’d have five. And so if you disagree with me, you’re an idiot!”

(Harps again, as scene dissolves, then re-establishes in Washington DC):...........

Alright, it is now OFFICIAL Ladies...you are to Disapprove strongly of the Ryan Pick.

No way! Especially if Andrea Mitchell says so. She is so out of touch in her tiny circle of people she associates with. Oy -- don't get me started....

Alright, it is now OFFICIAL Ladies...you are to Disapprove strongly of the Ryan Pick.

No way! Especially if Andrea Mitchell says so. She is so out of touch in her tiny circle of people she associates with. Oy -- don't get me started....

Now I'm confused...I was given to understand she is an official spokesperson for all women. rolleyes.gif

Frank-Sinatra-in-The-Manchurian-Candidate-frank-sinatra-5928154-358-425.jpg

Paul Ryan is the worst, vilest, sexist, homophobic, God-worshiping, Second Amendment-supporting, budget cutting, evilest human being I’ve ever known in my life:”

pollyannaish

Paul Ryan is the worst, vilest, sexist, homophobic, God-worshiping, Second Amendment-supporting, budget cutting, evilest human being I’ve ever known in my life:”

Wow! Just like me. No wonder I like him so much. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Draggingtree

08/13/2012 13.08.2012

The World from Berlin

By -- Daryl Lindsey

'Ryan Is a Radical Ideologue'

On Saturday, US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced Paul Ryan as his running mate. The 42-year-old conservative made a name for himself in Congress as an austerity-minded politician who wants to radically trim social services for the old and poor people.

Romney is trailing incumbent President Barack Obama in opinion polls, and his choice of Ryan as vice president if he is elected suggests Scissors-32x32.pngread more

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/german-press-comments-on-romney-s-choice-of-paul-ryan-as-running-mate-a-849749.html